Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineclosetgrower
Student

A dream Closet Grower once had as a young chap....
    #329561 - 12/10/09 09:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

After months of searching, I finally found photos that follow the grow process just as I have always envisioned it. Hopefully one day I will actually get to grow these beautiful plants! Enjoy!

Sometimes one just has to jump the gun!

Thanks!

Edited by closetgrower (12/12/09 07:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: A dream Closet Grower once had as a young chap.... [Re: closetgrower]
    #329623 - 12/11/09 12:09 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Decent results but you need a bigger lamp...And all of that wiring is a fire hazard waiting to fuck you in the ass

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: A dream Closet Grower once had as a young chap.... [Re: mhbound]
    #329654 - 12/11/09 12:46 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

That's not his grow man...

It's someone elses that he wants to do a mock grow of.

Waste of money.  You can get a 250 watt HPS for the price of all the shit needed to get that setup together.  Naive engineering FTL...

I always say "Work Smarter NOT Harder!"

That and "Keep It Simple Stupid!"

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: A dream Closet Grower once had as a young chap.... [Re: Inverted]
    #329712 - 12/11/09 07:43 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
That's not his grow man...

It's someone elses that he wants to do a mock grow of.

Waste of money.  You can get a 250 watt HPS for the price of all the shit needed to get that setup together.  Naive engineering FTL...

I always say "Work Smarter NOT Harder!"

That and "Keep It Simple Stupid!"

Sad but true, that guy might be a pyromaniac the way everything is rigged up. I couldn't imagine growing with CFL's during winter either...I have a hard enough time keeping it warm with an HPS.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Offlineclosetgrower
Student

Re: A dream Closet Grower once had as a young chap.... [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #329736 - 12/11/09 10:25 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Edited by closetgrower (12/14/09 12:04 AM)

Offlineshakalaka
Stranger

#329846 - 12/11/09 02:52 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

ok...well everyone is saying...don't waste ur time with those lights.
Go get some HPS or MH lights....but u seem to just want to make excuses.
So go invest some money into those lights, invest ur time, and then post pictures up.....while ur harvesting a few grams of that tasteless spindly excuse for buds...everyone else will be enjoying their KILLZ.
People here have experience...its not like no one says shit for no reason. We see dinky cfl grows all day everyday....its always the same thing in the end....crap.

Edited by shakalaka (12/11/09 02:54 PM)

OfflineBuddy
Mr.
Male

Re: A dream Closet Grower once had as a young chap.... [Re: shakalaka]
    #329856 - 12/11/09 03:05 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The jumping the gun pic didn't look too shabby. Although I'd still be inclined to try get a HID in there to fill out the buds towards the end of flowering.

--------------------
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro!

Offlineclosetgrower
Student

Re: A dream Closet Grower once had as a young chap.... [Re: Buddy]
    #330202 - 12/12/09 07:36 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Lol. There are plenty of successful CFL grows all over the net with good yields. You're silly.

Yes it has been established that HID is best, but it has also been shown that CFLs, when used correctly, can net good harvests of quality buds. There are a few growers on here who have been successful with cfls, look at the logs. Their buds were not described as spindly or tasteless, nor did they look that way.

Many famous experts and authors in the grow community have said this. (Cervantes, Rosenthal, various forum users.) This isn't news. It has also been said that they work great for vegging and taking cuttings, which is what is going on in this closet. The budding plant in there is in AF and was never meant to be flowered under CFL, but since its growing quite well, there was no need to change anything. Also, those buds are quite dense under...

Edited by closetgrower (12/14/09 12:03 AM)

Offlineshakalaka
Stranger

#330550 - 12/12/09 11:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I've been growing for over 12 years now. Everytime i see kids fooling with compact flors during flowering stage....its always crap in the end. Thats not silly...its just my opinion.

Sure to be able to get decent buds from cfl's u have to use a fuckload more watts then HID to come close to the lumen output of HID...then u have to put em closer to the plants cuz the light doesn't travel far.
It ends up costing u more eventually, and still not even close...performance wise.

They work great for vegging and cloning......agreed....and thats it.

So i'm glad to hear ur adding an hps for flowering....all i wanted for u was to not waste ur time, effort and money with cfl's. I dont agree that my post was pointless at all. It got right to the point.
HID lights are by far better, and if u don't wanna waste ur time pussyfooting around with cfl's then just man up and go with them. Even if u didn't realize the priceless info in that message...im sure it made an impact on someone else reading this thread. Just to think that i helped someone skip the step of experimenting with cfl's during flowering....i've done my duty here. :smile:
So dumb? uninformed? douchebag? naah bra. Truly just trying to help. Anyways...why dont u do a side by side test of cfl to hid...and see whether u would consider it a waste of time to keep cfls in there when u could have an hid....even for vegging...hid will kick its ass.

peace and light to u brother.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder