Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

my hydro store is awesome!!!
    #329429 - 12/10/09 05:00 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

just went to the hydro store with a friend cause he hadnt been and wanted to look at CFLs. i just went to look, and ask about this 400 watt Sun System setup in a magazine very similar to my 150 watt sun system i have now. it had a built in ballast and optional 4 inch air cooling thing. figured it would be cheaper than buying the whole setup they have with the digital ballast.

anyway, the dude workin there pulled out a nice big reflector made by "sun leaves." said it was a promo thing hes had in the back for a while that they sent to him for free to display. apparently it never took off, so they dont carry them anymore. he told me hell give it to me for 35 bucks. hes like "to be honest, if you got this and one of those lumatek ballasts, youre going to have a way better setup than if you bought the one youre asking me to order. it would only make sense." and it does! i dont wanna deal with a loud buzzing noise coming from that built in ballast.

it was brand new, still in the box with some film stuck to the inside reflector part. so, not being a moron, i bought it on the spot. we talked and figured out a nice setup for it. im getting a 400 watt lumatek digital ballast that allows me to use both MH and HPS, which is my favorite part (along with it being digital.) i also need the glass for the bottom of the reflector, and the 4" flange that screws in on the side, and last but not least, a 400 watt MH and HPS bulb. this dude is cool as hell. he even said hed throw in some cable i needed for free! will need the carbon filter and inline fan in a month or 2. need to save more money!!! anyway here are some pictures. i was excited and felt like sharing my story. :awesome:

now, i came home and looked up this reflector to see how much it cost, but it ended up not really being much of a deal on my end! lol the regular price is 35 or 40 bucks. thats what i paid!!! oh well though. i have a sweet reflector, and in the next month ill have it all set up with a 400 watt bulb over 6-8 plants (depending on whether i get rid of these 2 jack clones or not)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: my hydro store is awesome!!! [Re: Pilze]
    #329442 - 12/10/09 05:53 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

but it ended up not really being much of a deal on my end! lol the regular price is 35 or 40 bucks

LOL you got rooked!  That's pretty shady, and far from awesome, if you ask me.  He knowingly sold you a product that is discontinued at base price.  Not only that but you still have to buy parts for it.

If I were you I'd return it, especially if it's going to cost you more to get in working order.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #329446 - 12/10/09 05:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Now that I read it I have to agree with Coda. My store takes buds for trade. :tongue:

Keep the digital ballast. :flyhigh:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: my hydro store is awesome!!! [Re: coda]
    #329450 - 12/10/09 06:10 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

but it ended up not really being much of a deal on my end! lol the regular price is 35 or 40 bucks

LOL you got rooked!  That's pretty shady, and far from awesome, if you ask me.  He knowingly sold you a product that is discontinued at base price.  Not only that but you still have to buy parts for it.

If I were you I'd return it, especially if it's going to cost you more to get in working order.

it might not have been the BEST deal ever. i got a reflector for 35 bucks. i can still get it all set up for cheaper than theyre packages. its a good deal on my end. i dont care if i need to buy parts for it!

he wasnt trying to make it seem like a good deal. he didnt lie to me. hes just pulled it out and said hell do this for 35, and that i can get a better setup for cheaper than what i was going for, and cheaper than some of the packages they have. so i took it. fuck it! he was trying to help me out, im the one who thought it was a good deal at first.

180 for the ballast, 25 for the bulb socket thing, and 30 bucks or so for a cheap MH bulb. that vs 400 for pretty much the exact same setup...

thats a total of $270 altogether for a nice 400 watt setup with a digital ballast that uses MH and HPS.

Edited by Pilze (12/10/09 06:16 PM)

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#329457 - 12/10/09 06:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

just looked the box over and there was a 69.99 price sticker on it. so i guess i did get it cheap still. but right now at wormsway.com they have the same one for the price i paid.

i should have enough money in the next week or so to pick up everything else. i cant wait to see what my plants look like after i put a 400 watt MH on them..

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #329469 - 12/10/09 06:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder