Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
I really like my towns Hydro Shop
    #294955 - 10/10/09 03:48 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

So I rolled up to the hydro store today to pick up a bottle of grow big and to poke around a bit.  If I'm going to frequent a small, independently owned, store I usually like to chat up the owners/employees a bit to build up a relationship.  Why?  Because I've noticed that the friendlier you are with people the more likely you are to receive free samples and discounts, plus they're more likely to go out of their way to help you out if you spend some time and talk rather then just pop in and out.

So, in my conversation today with the owners I was talking about equipment and how I just found a nice spot online to pick up lighting gear for cheap.  So one of the owners tells me:

"Hey, that's great and all, but do internet stores let you test gear or give you loaners if you need your gear replaced?"

This really perked up my interest and in talking with him I found out he's willing to loan out some gear (he keeps demo models of most of his gear) to trusted customers (or those that bought gear from him and it broke) so they can test it out before they buy it.  So that means if i wanted to drop 300 bucks on a new inline fan, I'd have the option to bring it home first and see if it will do what I want it do.  I'm definitely going to take advantage of that when I need to make some upgrades.  I was going to buy a T-5 bank from this site, but now i think i'd rather spend the extra 20 bucks and buy it from the store.

Also, as I was leaving today he handed me the last of these sample nutes he received.  Never saw the stuff before, it's designed specifically for keeping your mother plants healthy.  The line is "Mother Plant Nutrients", the MFR is HydroDynamics Intl.  It's a two part system.

Part A

N-P-K: 2-0-0
Ca: 3.2
Fe: .066

Part B
N-P-K: 1-1-3
Mg: .751
S: 2
B: .0058
Cu: .0032
Mn: .0153
Mo: .0017
Zn: .006

Looks like Part A will help mainly with the Macro Nutes and Part B will help mainly with the Micro nutes.  You're supposed to mix part A in the water, then mix part B in the same jug and feed.  It's supposed to be used with every feeding (they say irrigation, I'm assuming it's the same thing).  Either or, it was free and all I had to do was promise to come back and talk about the results when I used it.  Can't wait to try it out, but I don't think I'll even need it for a few more months.

Anyways, cheers to my local hydro guys, will definitely be giving them as much of my business as possible. :smile:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I really like my towns Hydro Shop [Re: coda]
    #294957 - 10/10/09 03:52 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Oh, I'd also like to point out that the new nutes really don't seem much different then what you get in a single bottle of grow big.  But it's always fun to try out new stuff.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I really like my towns Hydro Shop [Re: coda]
    #295138 - 10/10/09 10:12 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Knowing your hydroshop owners is key. I went to school with both of my hydroguys sons.

I picked up 2 older ballasts and bulbs when I had a ballast die on me and when I called to ask if he could stick around after shop closed so I could return it, he said forget about it. I came by the next day assuming he meant like don't worry about getting them back to me and he said I meant keep them when I said forget about it.

The prices he gives me are far lower than his list prices too, when I bought the full AN line like a retard it came out to 1300ish list and I paid approx a g for the nutes and bought a g worth the lighting.

It's a shame he doesn't carry all the nutrients/products I buy, he orders well offers to order in stuff but I'm always too impatient.

It's also a plus knowing your hydroguy isn't a narc. We've had a couple of those in my city.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds