Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTomCollins

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: Inverted]
    #317143 - 11/17/09 08:42 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Well raising and lowering the scrog screen is defeating the point of the scrog...

You want that stationary so that the plants are forced to branch beneath, with only the tops sticking through so that everything is at one level.  This can also be achieved with careful and skilled tying down techniques.  As 206 said, you can get the hormones to transfer to the lower branches, thus stopping vertical growth and allowing the lower branches to become rather large and match the main top in height and cola size.  Yields will be higher when done properly as well.

Well it's being mounted by chain and pulleys so that it's adjustable, but more so because I simply have nowhere accessible to really screw it down to. So I figured hanging it wouldn't be a terrible idea, and while I'm at it, I might as well install it on pulleys. I guess I would never need to adjust it. But I think it would allow for easy access in between grows. I dunno.... one way or another, it's going to be hung on chains. There's really no other way of doing it right now.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: TomCollins]
    #317148 - 11/17/09 08:58 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Haha I haven't been talking to you the entire time, i've basically just been talking to him and ignoring everyone else...  I've done more than 10 grows, so I don't need to hear what anyone else has to say on the subject.  Just giving helpful advice.

If you said some of the same things then :thumbup:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: TomCollins]
    #317150 - 11/17/09 09:01 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

For the record, I disagree with any HST techniques, despite results, and certainly would encourage a new grower to not engage in this barbaric procedure when LST can be achieved and produce similar if not better results.  While the end result of topping might produce a look that seems to say "wow it worked so well", the scientific reality of what you do to your plant is otherwise.  You do not see what *could* have been when it is missing and incomplete.  They thought the world was flat until science proved otherwise and even then, they killed the champion of reality.

If he is fighting you on telling him to HST plants, I do not blame him. 

The rest of the advice he is simply learning and trying to decide what the best route for his own personal grow and situation.

I am still very impressed at how well his plants look given the history of his project.

Then again, perhaps the growth spurt was urine based and we were all wrong a month ago...haha.

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: Inverted]
    #317151 - 11/17/09 09:02 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

P.S. - I still think height is going to be an issue, even the branches you tie down will still stretch to about 3-4x the length.  It's going to be a huge mess in there... Oh well at least you aren't going to yield on the LOW side :lol:  Just make sure that scrog screen is heavy enough so that the plants won't move it around by growing.  They can do that.

--------------------

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

#317158 - 11/17/09 09:18 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Oh and with those crazy plants and all the growth...hash making time!

My fav pic is where the weed looks like it is gonna grow into the power bar sockets.

I have identified the strain as well.  It is the same strain from Scary Movie 2, the one that resulted in the weed monster...lol.

--------------------

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Current Grow Journal

OfflineTomCollins

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: Azyle00]
    #319591 - 11/21/09 03:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Update

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, scrog, Power Skunk & Power Haze (Updated 21stNov. [Re: TomCollins]
    #320642 - 11/23/09 06:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Nice ScrOG screen!  I'm liking the way your setup looks now that you got them all tied down.  You are pretty much set to flower now, looks good, just wait a few more weeks and you'll become even more obsessed.

I built a screen exactly like that, i'll take a pic of it and upload it later to my journal, be sure to check it when I update, as you'll be suprised how similar we built them.

:yesnod:

Shouldn't be long now, you will see some serious bushing in the next 2 weeks.

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, scrog, Power Skunk & Power Haze (Updated 21stNov. [Re: Inverted]
    #321913 - 11/26/09 12:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Boom.  :smile:

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, scrog, Power Skunk & Power Haze (Updated 21stNov. [Re: TomCollins]
    #322006 - 11/26/09 02:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You should add some CFLs that shine up to help supplement lower bud production since its such a forest. :naughty:

--------------------

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, scrog, Power Skunk & Power Haze (Updated 21stNov. [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #322053 - 11/26/09 04:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Safety "All Round" at each end of the light, fastened to the ceiling as secondary to your chaining system would be a feature I would add.

If anything goes wrong at either end, the light can fall down onto plants.  You would need to be creative however to make that adjustable as well, yet independent of the other system.

It is bushing nicely.

--------------------

Current Grow Journal

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, scrog, Power Skunk & Power Haze (Updated 21stNov. [Re: Azyle00]
    #322843 - 11/28/09 09:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Nice setup, I like the cooltube and screen, looks just like mine.  I just switched to flowering so i'll be weaving them through it once I finish transplanting in the next few days.

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, scrog, Power Skunk & Power Haze (Updated 21stNov. [Re: Inverted]
    #322859 - 11/29/09 12:10 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

What do you mean by weaving?

--------------------
andyistic said:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#322860 - 11/29/09 12:20 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You take the top and put it through the hole, then back under and up again through another hole, you repeat this process as the plant grows/stretches so the it doesn't grow vertically above the screen.  That's the point of the ScrOG... It's like tying down without doing anything, it also forces the lower branching to receive more growth hormones and they catch up to the top and can be weaved through the screen when they grow big enough.  Does that make sense to you?

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#322866 - 11/29/09 01:04 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It does actually and it answers a lot of questions. I've been watching the plants just grow right through the scrog and have been scratching my head, wondering if I'm doing something wrong. :tongue:

it seems like that would be über stressful for the plants, and you could actually break the stems doing that. :undecided:

--------------------
andyistic said:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#322872 - 11/29/09 02:33 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Just be careful, that's how scrogging is done, besides the very tip of the plants should be soft and pliable.  Just use your best feel and work SLOWLY.

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#327974 - 12/07/09 04:57 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Update!

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

#328566 - 12/08/09 05:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Sell your 400w or keep it and buy a 1000w and expand your aero system, it really sucks dude that all your females are bunched to one side and not spread out.

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, scrog, Power Skunk & Power Haze (Updated 21stNov. [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #328757 - 12/09/09 01:01 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

1000watters are hard to come by locally here, I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to suspend dual cool tubes in the closet and thereby allowing me to add a 600w to the system.

It's not an aero system btw. It says that right on the title of this thread.

It does suck a bit that all the females are bunched together but that's what happened.

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

#329137 - 12/09/09 09:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Oh your right, I was super high and drunk when I posted because I had just smoked with Doug Benson. He did a show at the theater I work at part time at 420 but of course it started late.

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#329215 - 12/10/09 01:39 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Mmmhmmm.... :rolleyes:

Did you show him your kilo a week setup? :tongue:

--------------------
andyistic said:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom