Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleThreeLittleBirds
A Guy
Male

Re: Religious Preferance [Re: Doitagain]
    #255342 - 07/26/09 04:11 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

one girl I work with told me she was 1/4 Jewish I don't get making that claim to people it made me laugh mostly because she is very ignorant and has no knowledge on Judaism.

--------------------

"Rise up this mornin,
Smiled with the risin sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true........"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
Re: Religious Preferance [Re: ThreeLittleBirds]
    #255343 - 07/26/09 04:18 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ThreeLittleBirds said:
one girl I work with told me she was 1/4 Jewish I don't get making that claim to people it made me laugh mostly because she is very ignorant and has no knowledge on Judaism.

well it kinda depends which way you look at it. religiously or ethnically.  If you look at it religiously if your mother is a jew then you are a jew, but if your father is jewish then your ethnic make-up is still 50% jewish.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

InvisibleFazed
and dazed

Re: Religious Preferance [Re: Doitagain]
    #255351 - 07/26/09 06:59 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Religious Preferance [Re: Fazed]
    #255356 - 07/26/09 07:09 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

blah.  religion doesn't start wars, people do.  if not religion it would be race or some other issue.  if anything it's difference that cause war.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (07/26/09 07:11 AM)

InvisibleFazed
and dazed

Re: Religious Preferance [Re: THEBats]
    #255361 - 07/26/09 07:26 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
blah.  religion doesn't start wars, people do.  if not religion it would be race or some other issue.  if anything it's difference that cause war.

:yesnod:

--------------------

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Religious Preferance [Re: THEBats]
    #255450 - 07/26/09 12:58 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:

Very true.

I was raised baptist and I still am one, still go to church and everything. It's just how I am.

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: Religious Preferance [Re: Fazed]
    #255454 - 07/26/09 01:14 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Religion i think was made as a way to rule the people of the time. Kinda to set the structure of society. Basic human traits that needed structure and rule, murder, thievery, lying, cheating. Human animals seem to be good if they know that they can do all the bibles say and be rewarded. Cause honestly that's what it all amounts too. You follow the rules your going to go to heaven. But see the thing i never got was, if God is this all caring, ever forgiving, caring compassionate power. Then why does he demand 10% of your income. God should understand if you can not give them the 10% and still be good with it? Sounds corporate to me! As matter of fact i was born catholic and why does the Vatican have its own country basically? They have their own police, their own everything. But your supposed to believe that if you keep donating to the church it will go to help other christian/catholic people. Bullshit Roman Catholics have built a country on your money! Go figure the longest religion to stay alive from the bible days. If you ever read the bible it is like all the stories are guidelines setting examples your supposed to live, and the repercussions for not doing so etc. When it was written, things were different, people thought different. I mean when a civilization can think that a storm was a wrath of gods fury, come on!

Science may not be able to prove yet how things were created at this time. however, take a look around you. All living things are essentially the same. We all are born, live life, reproduce and then die. A tree does this, a plant does it other animals do this. Everything on this planet has a life cycle. Everything beyond this planet has a lifecycle. So why would we be any different. We all evolved from chemical combinations, and then adapted to the environment.

My ex wife's family was very in your face christian. so debating religion was a fun pass time through that relationship. Here is a thought also! Lets say there was a master race of people who lived on mars. Mars was where modern humans came from. Since their has not been any evidence of where the missing link is in human evolution.Lets say life began on mars long ago, people went into self destruct mode kinda like we are doing here on earth. Ruin the atmosphere ejected key colonies of the red planet to earth. At which time the evolved race of people on earth started writing about gods coming to the planet and miracles happening. Maybe this god they speak of was a doctor from a mars colony. Maybe to the dumb people of the time could not describe what they saw other then as a god! Why did it take billions of years to get to intelligence? And just in a 100 years our civilization has advanced in technology greatly. Went from horse and buggies to sleak cars and trucks. Just think of the advances we made in just the time you have been alive. Ok, i will quit rambling again. Always liked the debate and always got charged and inspired by these discussions.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Edited by SpaceMonkey (07/26/09 01:17 PM)

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: Religious Preferance [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #255455 - 07/26/09 01:16 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i practice wiccan.

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

#255463 - 07/26/09 01:30 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
Religion i think was made as a way to rule the people of the time. Kinda to set the structure of society. Basic human traits that needed structure and rule, murder, thievery, lying, cheating. Human animals seem to be good if they know that they can do all the bibles say and be rewarded. Cause honestly that's what it all amounts too. You follow the rules your going to go to heaven. But see the thing i never got was, if God is this all caring, ever forgiving, caring compassionate power. Then why does he demand 10% of your income. God should understand if you can not give them the 10% and still be good with it? Sounds corporate to me! As matter of fact i was born catholic and why does the Vatican have its own country basically? They have their own police, their own everything. But your supposed to believe that if you keep donating to the church it will go to help other christian/catholic people. Bullshit Roman Catholics have built a country on your money! Go figure the longest religion to stay alive from the bible days. If you ever read the bible it is like all the stories are guidelines setting examples your supposed to live, and the repercussions for not doing so etc. When it was written, things were different, people thought different. I mean when a civilization can think that a storm was a wrath of gods fury, come on!

Science may not be able to prove yet how things were created at this time. however, take a look around you. All living things are essentially the same. We all are born, live life, reproduce and then die. A tree does this, a plant does it other animals do this. Everything on this planet has a life cycle. Everything beyond this planet has a lifecycle. So why would we be any different. We all evolved from chemical combinations, and then adapted to the environment.

My ex wife's family was very in your face christian. so debating religion was a fun pass time through that relationship. Here is a thought also! Lets say there was a master race of people who lived on mars. Mars was where modern humans came from. Since their has not been any evidence of where the missing link is in human evolution.Lets say life began on mars long ago, people went into self destruct mode kinda like we are doing here on earth. Ruin the atmosphere ejected key colonies of the red planet to earth. At which time the evolved race of people on earth started writing about gods coming to the planet and miracles happening. Maybe this god they speak of was a doctor from a mars colony. Maybe to the dumb people of the time could not describe what they saw other then as a god! Why did it take billions of years to get to intelligence? And just in a 100 years our civilization has advanced in technology greatly. Went from horse and buggies to sleak cars and trucks. Just think of the advances we made in just the time you have been alive. Ok, i will quit rambling again. Always liked the debate and always got charged and inspired by these discussions.

Ugh wall of text.

"We all evolved from chemical combinations"
How did the combos start?

--------------------

Offlinetlc
medicated
Female

Loc: Washington
Re: Religious Preferance [Re: mel_lonta_tauda]
    #255527 - 07/26/09 02:34 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mel_lonta_tauda said:
Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
screw religion.... i believe what i believe and thats that, everyone else should too without the force of another trying to push their beliefs on to you and if you dont accept they label you in a bad way.....my beliefs dont fit in a catagory, groups only put up boundaries and start fights if the "other" doesnt believe in what they do......im just gonna stop typing before I get too post crazy.....religion pisses me off.....

i agree with you there.  i've never tried to force anything on anyone because it's not my place to make judgements to them.  all i've ever based my life upon is philosophy.  and in turn came ethics, morals, preferences, etc...etc.... 

just the root words: religion and politics put a bad taste in my mouth

sad but true. People get real pushy with politics and religion. In a lot of ways religion has been perverted(not just Christianity either) as I'm sure not the first to notice this.

I don't fit a category with my belief system, then again I haven't done the proper research either.
I believe the mind is an amazing thing and that we cary energy of all sorts every where we go and others can sense it. I believe some energies are sacred and I suppose that is what I try to connect with when I feel like meditating and for me that is what I call prayer. I believe in being your self because I like to feel good.
I am not positive about this but Buddhism ways for reincarnation seem to fit my beliefs as well along with karma.
I also believe that what ever you believe with your own spirituality is true for you and as long as it hurts no one I see know harm- not my place to tell any one what to believe.

--------------------

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
Re: Religious Preferance [Re: still beLIEve]
    #255532 - 07/26/09 02:40 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

still beLIEve said:
i practice wiccan.

The Encyclopedia of the Occult is an interesting read  :yesnod:
The Satanic Bible was "meh" - though we did read some stuff from it during our seance smoke outs. and Anton LaVey's a nutjob anyway

Offlinetlc
medicated
Female

Loc: Washington
    #255538 - 07/26/09 02:53 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I believe in pot.:lol:

--------------------

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
Re: Religious Preferance [Re: tlc]
    #255545 - 07/26/09 03:02 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

in pot we trust :jah:

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

#255547 - 07/26/09 03:02 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mel_lonta_tauda said:
Quote:

still beLIEve said:
i practice wiccan.

The Encyclopedia of the Occult is an interesting read  :yesnod:
The Satanic Bible was "meh" - though we did read some stuff from it during our seance smoke outs. and Anton LaVey's a nutjob anyway

Isn't the slogan for wiccanism(?) Do as thou wilt?

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#255550 - 07/26/09 03:03 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

:getstoned:

Pass it on!

--------------------

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery
    #255558 - 07/26/09 03:18 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:

It was the megatrons and decepticons, bro.

OfflineKush
Stranger

Re: Religious Preferance [Re: b0b gnarley]
    #255612 - 07/26/09 06:09 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I believe god gave us the glorious herb of the curb and Jesus died for our sins and our chance to smoke some more weed :smile:.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: Religious Preferance [Re: b0b gnarley]
    #255625 - 07/26/09 06:48 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

b0b gnarley said:

It was the megatrons and decepticons, bro.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate