Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelilmafia513
Stranger

Cloning 101... A tutorial
    #235095 - 06/01/09 04:15 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys, heres another one for ya'!!!

Cutting Clones:

Prior to cloning:
Exposed clones will wilt within a few minutes, so it is best to have all materials ready before you start to take cuttings.

1.Dip scissors and razor blade into alcohol (Grease is used to separate razor blades). Wipe cutting board with alcohol.

2. soak RW cubes or Prop. plugs in either 5.8 or 6.2 PH'd water with about 5 drops of superthrive per gallon of water.

3. Drain cubes,by shaking as mentioned in the start from scratch gro guide, then place into tray.

4. Poke a 1/8" hole halfway into the center of each cube, unless there is already one that will fit the size clone you are taking.

4. Cover prepped cubes with dome, or put in a cup of PH balanced water until you are ready to start

Clone types
Actively growing tops are preferred, as they contain the most growth hormones. Clones taken lower down are often spindly and less developed. I prefer 5-8" top clones with a 1/8" stem, 2-3 fan leaves and a slightly firm (but not yet woody) stem.

The clone should also be ' mature' ,with alternating leaves. Immature clones have leaves opposite each other and are usually pale and spindly.

Avoid stem cuts (no node) and plug cuts, as they do not root nearly as well (Roots form primarily at the nodes). Trim large fan leaves in half to minimize the leaf area the newly forming roots must support.

Selecting the clone (Where do I cut?)
Select a vigorous growing top on the mother, cut the main stem just above a fan leaf / auxiliary shoot node. The cut can be done with trimming scissors or razor blade.

(Leaving a shoot and fan leaf on the mother allows the remaining shoot to continue growing and another shoot to grow from that node.)

Pre-Trim the raw clone: (Removing lower nodes)
Once the growing top has been selected and cut from the mother, trim shoots and fan leaves from the lowest nodes. The lowest node will be inserted into the rockwool.

Cut 1/4 inch below the lowest node with the razor blade at a 45 degree angle on the cutting board for a clean cut.

The trimmed clone:
A fan leaf and shoot were both removed at the lowest node. The clone will soon be inserted dipped into gel, then inserted into a rockwool cube.

Trim large fan leaves in half (Reduces transpiration; the newly forming roots don't have to initially support as much leaf).

Spray the clones daily and recover untill you see roots poking out of the cubes. I only spray the leaves and not the cubes. Let the cubes alone until they lose some moisture. When it comes time to water the cubes, fill a jug, or cup with clean PH'd water. NO NUTES ARE NEEDED for clone watering. If you use superthrive add 5-6 drops per gallon, and dip the RW cube about 1/4 of the way up the cube into the water. This allows the cube to absorb the water and only the lower half of the cube where it is needed. This prevents stem rot at the base of the clone where it meets the cube.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDivide
Stranger
Re: Cloning 101... A tutorial [Re: lilmafia513]
    #235545 - 06/02/09 12:49 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

How long would you say it takes on average for your roots to finish growing before you transplant them with this method?

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cloning 101... A tutorial [Re: Divide]
    #235551 - 06/02/09 01:01 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

here's a chart as requested:

Offlinelilmafia513
Stranger

Re: Cloning 101... A tutorial [Re: Integra21]
    #235600 - 06/02/09 03:25 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Divide said:
How long would you say it takes on average for your roots to finish growing before you transplant them with this method?

Hey thanks for stopping by.....Great question!

On average, I can have visible roots protruding through the RW cube in about 5-7 days.A few spikes showing.

To really get a jump start on the growing process and eliminate the waiting game for the roots to hit the rez., I do the following:

1.Once roots are visible outside the cube, mix the same 3 parts  perlite to 1 part vermiculite.

2.Fill the tray the clones are in or sometimes it is easier to fill another tray and move the clones at the end.

3. If you do the second tray method, fill the tray evenly with the mix.

4. Just like planting flowers outside, move some mix out of the way, big enough for the cube to sit in.

5. Pull mix back over and around the cube**This helps keep moisture in the cube but not too much water.

6. Do this with all the clones you have, then heavily spray the whole tray of mix with a spray bottle.***You do not want to pour water in the tray, it creates a pool of water to become stagnant in time and cause problems. The point is to moisten the mix, the cubes, and spray the dome really good.

7.Cover with dome, and in the winter months if it gets cold place on a heat mat ONLY IF YOU HAVE A THERMOSTAT CONNECTED TO IT, and set between 65-70 degrees Fahrenheit. if you notice any problems or feel it is too hot, drop the thermostat to the lowest setting....where mine currently is.
In the summer months when it's warm, you do not need a heat mat.
****The mix in the tray will hold heat and create inside temps of the dome to reach deathly numbers to the fragile roots inside the mix.

I keep the clones in this setup for about a week after they get buried in the mix. The only downfall is, you may have to water them a few times a day at first until you reach the right moisture in the mix.

This is a great way to jump start clones, but should be done with caution, it is very touchy and could either get too wet or too dry really fast. This could lead to a whole tray of dead clones.

I have had this experience.....yes lost two whole trays of clones, 25 clones in each tray!!!:crazy2:
If you want to attempt this method of cloning in a hempy tray, please feel free to contact me here for any questions or concerns you have, and i will try my best to help you.

Quote:

Integra21 said:
here's a chart as requested:

Hey thanks man!
I cant give you a rating, cuz i don't have 50 post yet, but i wont forget ya when i get there! LOL! Thanks again!

Edited by lilmafia513 (06/08/09 10:09 PM)

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #235625 - 06/02/09 04:41 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

you should start posting this info in the document part of this site.....

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlinelilmafia513
Stranger

Re: Cloning 101... A tutorial [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #235646 - 06/02/09 05:39 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

where is that?
I thought we just made threads and let the discussion unfold.

Oh no...please dont tell me i have been posting in the wrong spot for four days.....I put alot of info on here in four days. LOL!!

There is no way i could move it is there?

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #235649 - 06/02/09 05:45 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

This isnt really the wrong spot to post....its just the discussion part....if you want the info documented on the site so people can easily read whenever then when you log on the site youll see a pot plant ....to the left of the main page with the plant it will say "General Information"......click there....then click which section it should be in.....copy the info you want to document.....click add new, then paste it there and save........

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlinelilmafia513
Stranger

#235853 - 06/03/09 07:15 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

ok, i got this thread copied over, but i tried to do the plant problem one, and the link i posted takes you to my threads page.

How can i fix it? I dont see a edit in that area anywhere?

Thanks for your time DR.

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #235874 - 06/03/09 08:45 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

yeah the one does take you to the main thread page?.......you accidentally posted it as a link to somewhere instead of a document......go to it...at the bottom near where you put the link there should be a "revision" "edit" or "move" button I would just delete your link and do it again......you just gotta mess around with the site to get used to it....and if all else fails post a thread in "Main Site Content Coordination" and tell them your problem you would like to fix......

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlinelilmafia513
Stranger

#238674 - 06/11/09 05:14 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you guys......

The clones will be as ready to flower as the mother was when you took the clones, if you do flower right away you will probably get a single stalked plant no taller than maybe two or three feet (SOG STYLE).  Unless your fudged on room or something I'd veg em first and get them strong before you flower them, but do what you think is best.

Offlinelilmafia513
Stranger

#481213 - 09/23/10 10:20 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

wow, this one fell off didnt it? :smile:
If anyone has questions on the cloning guide, please feel free to post them here as i am checking in on this more often now.
This is for noobs, so please no vets in here telling me how to do this.....Thanks :smile:

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
    #512298 - 01/09/11 02:31 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Great post.  I will use this as my cloneing guide.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Offlinelilmafia513
Stranger

Re: Cloning 101... A tutorial [Re: muse42]
    #745814 - 08/30/14 11:34 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

has this site been shut down or what, no updates on any of my threads in 3 years....

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #745817 - 08/31/14 12:28 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Ypou could just use a mushroom chamber and automate the process.

Wanna take cuttings? Make a mushroom chamber the marthas type that ue a cool mist and a ultrasonic. Take the cuttings put them in the chamber and be sure the cool mist runs 24/7. the ultrsonic comes on every 8 hrs for 1.5 hrs. The job of the ultrasonic is to cover the cuttings with a layer of moisture. the ultrasonic uses a fog to cover the cuttings which is better then a mister cause it doesn't form big droplets on the leaves plus with the constant air flow you get way less fungus, molds and rotting that can take place on leaves when rotting cuttings.
With this method you can also take them any size you want. here are some samples.

Like I said you can take them any size you want

This bacame this

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinelilmafia513
Stranger

Re: Cloning 101... A tutorial [Re: Magash]
    #745993 - 09/01/14 01:07 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Ypou could just use a mushroom chamber and automate the process.

Wanna take cuttings? Make a mushroom chamber the marthas type that ue a cool mist and a ultrasonic. Take the cuttings put them in the chamber and be sure the cool mist runs 24/7. the ultrsonic comes on every 8 hrs for 1.5 hrs. The job of the ultrasonic is to cover the cuttings with a layer of moisture. the ultrasonic uses a fog to cover the cuttings which is better then a mister cause it doesn't form big droplets on the leaves plus with the constant air flow you get way less fungus, molds and rotting that can take place on leaves when rotting cuttings.
With this method you can also take them any size you want. here are some samples.

Like I said you can take them any size you want

This bacame this

Hey thats awesome, if you would start your own thread about it ,and not hijack mine, it be much appreciated, thanks

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#746001 - 09/01/14 02:48 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

lol. wow

--------------------
:firecum:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cloning 101... A tutorial [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #746002 - 09/01/14 02:58 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:
lol. wow

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinewebster10

Re: Cloning 101... A tutorial [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #746013 - 09/01/14 05:01 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:
lol. wow

:whathesaid:
seriously OP? An experienced grower provides an awesome tip and you reply with get out of my thread? Way to discourage the mods from providing useful information. I mean who is going to want to type up a long, clear, informative response only to get shut down?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cloning 101... A tutorial [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #746016 - 09/01/14 05:35 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

It's not really hijacking if the only thing posted in 5 years is you asking why people don't post in your thread.

I don't think that you would have to post this

Quote:

wow, this one fell off didnt it? :smile:
If anyone has questions on the cloning guide, please feel free to post them here as i am checking in on this more often now.
This is for noobs, so please no vets in here telling me how to do this.....Thanks

3 years later

Quote:

has this site been shut down or what, no updates on any of my threads in 3 years....

Now most the people here aren't beginners and yes I know there are beginners here but most have growing experience and are looking for people posting that are having similar issues as them. Yes some beginners are gonna post how this is a help to them and I'm sure it is cause it's good info but it's also info most of us have in every grow book in our collections without anything new added to it. Every bit of info is in every grow book printed since the mid 80s.

If you wanna help some people lets hear about problems you've had taking clones and how you solved them rather then information most of us have already.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

Re: Cloning 101... A tutorial [Re: Magash]
    #746094 - 09/02/14 12:58 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

My clone sleeps alone - Pat Benatar

Is a clone a newbie?

Well if you start a new thread about your mushroom dealio we won't have to rehash a 3 year old thread...

And how do you feel about using PoolShockTM?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck