Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedodeski
Stranger
Any Ideas moved from doctors thread because no answers
    #227306 - 05/17/09 07:50 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hello I am new to the forum I need help with my garden. My plants fight with me, every grow cycle.
To start I have a baby area that they seem to do pretty good in. With using a 250w HPS 18 hrs on and 1 fan always on. The cuttings or seeds go into either stone-wool or rapid rooter plugs, hydro-ton, in plastic solo cups with drain holes punched in for drainage.
Then at around 1ft they get transferred into 6" net pots and the primary area with a 4'x8'flood table and 2x1000w HPS in 2 magnum XXXL hoods. I have coverings over the root area and reservoir of 100gal.
I have steadily refined the system and still nothing good happens in the growth cycle. I use Supernatural grow aqua at 150ppm with my water filtered through an R.O. unit @ 20 ppm to start. I am watering every 4 hours for 8 min and the lights on for 18 hours. I usually leach every 2weeks. My pH has been fluctuating mainly I believe this is from the blown clay hydro-ton, because my pH is steady other than when I added new hydro-ton or start a new cycle. Water temp @ mid to low 60's and pH out of the R.O. is around 5.2. With blower fan and oscillating fan temps seldom get hire than 84* and 58% humidity.
As I said the baby room seems to do great, but when they arrive @ there new home they seem to really hate it. They go from green and healthy to dwarfed sad pathetic things. Heavily, deep grooved, small yellowish wilty, turned under, it's just not even funny.
The last cycle was my first in 20years hydroponically and it took 3months to get them to an average of 22" and they looked the same way. They finally came round after I basically feed the 150ppm w/ 1tbs of leach in 60gal of solution for 1 week. They seemed to make a come back and I said "the hell with it," and put them in bud 12hrs and feed them, all supernatural- bloom aqua, bud blaster, super-bloom and sweet, at less than 600ppm and they finished beautifully. Just the best quality smoke. Everyone of my patience were impressed they finished at an average of 30". 6 plants yielded about 10oz. of usable dried bud. Since the 1st cycle I upgrade to the R.O. unit and the thermostat for heat and humidity. So I actually thought I had solved this problem, but since I started this cycle it seems things haven't changed at all.
PS I also use on a alternating basis H2O2 every other reservoir change with the next being hydrozyme. Am I over/under doing something? I don't have much hair, left please help.

these first two are of moma and a clone to give an idea of what they look like before they go out to the large table and if you are squeamish or fritened easily you may want to look away this is what they look like after transfer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: Any Ideas moved from doctors thread because no answers [Re: dodeski]
    #227326 - 05/17/09 08:48 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

What the fuck is going on with your plants, water every few hours like 3-4hr especially with hydroton because the roots will start to brown out. Veg them in large rockwool blocks instead of just a cup of hydroton, then put into flowering. I don't like your main nutes, technaflora is really good, along with dutch master. Flush that tray like every two weeks max.

--------------------

Offlinedodeski
Stranger
Re: Any Ideas moved from doctors thread because no answers [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #227334 - 05/17/09 09:01 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

not just using hydro-ton i am starting all clones and seeds in rapid rooter plugs and am surrounding them with the hydro-ton they seem to be fine in beginning veg in the baby room the problem comes about when they are transfered to the large grow table to finish veg and start bloom. both rooms have hydro systems and are watered every 4 hours with the same ppm in nutrients. the only differences are i correct the ph in the large grow room and the baby room has a 250w hps and the large grow room runs on 2 1000w hps

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

#227414 - 05/18/09 08:46 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I use the rapid rooter plugs in my organic grow, but they disolve into my hydro system so I use pH corrected rockwool. I checked out your nutrients and it says they are high in calcium which is good but it causes alot of build up, the 2 week flush should cover that though. The switch wilting is probably they arent used to that much light and temperature right away so they go into shock and wilt. If you only use one light for the first few days that might help, also water for 12 instead of 8 because hydroton doesn't hold water well and my  babies seem to love 12. Still that shock is overly bad, like even if I tried I wouldn't be able to do it.

--------------------

Offlinedodeski
Stranger
    #227461 - 05/18/09 11:48 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

TY lol, the impossible accidents thats what me and my friends are good at. always say that one of us would take our own heads off just skipping rocks. but any way the shock from too much light mite be the problem. Will correct and hopefully come back with noted progress.
Thanks again

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

#227520 - 05/18/09 03:33 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

No problem, but umm what strain are you growing like trait wise and stuff because that also plays a major role in hydro.

--------------------

Offlinedodeski
Stranger
    #227885 - 05/19/09 04:53 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I switched the lights to rotate between one on for 9 hours then the other for 9 and raised my fertilizer ppm after realizing i was under fertilizing.My water starts at 20 ppm after adding ph down to it it was at 120ppm and i was only adding fertilizer to bring it to 150-170 ppm i now realize i need to subtract the base ppm from the fertilizer total. thus i think this was the main problem causing the look of nutrient lock that is after the initial shock of too much light.

they seem to be picking there leaves back up and new growth is coming in after just a few days. They are an indica strain i do not know the exact flavor but the stems are very purple and most leaves in drying turn this color too.they are cloned from a mother that resides in soil i know this also mite have some adverse effect.

also one more Q: I had a friend tell me that I should try adding molasses to the resouvior, that the complex sugars will help. I haven't added any but I lookd at the back of the lable and it says it 20% Cal 15% Iron, and like 10% Mag do you think this is a good idea?

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

#228199 - 05/19/09 06:15 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

If you want some nasty mold you can add molasses but like plants don't eat sugar, thats what they produce through photosynthesis. If you want to try it add birth control to your resivoir like 1 pill. I did that once with an outdoor plant and it grew 25ft tall. Also if your interested in trading for a clone pm me.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #233328 - 05/28/09 04:51 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

What I'm seeing here is a joke. Shock from to much light, you guys are classic.

600 PPM Well your half way there.

Wanna make it simple. Get some Pure Blend Pro use it at 12.5 Mil per gallon till you get use to doing the hydro thing. No PPM meter will be needed with the Pure Blend Pro. Try it and post what happens here.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinedodeski
Stranger
Re: Any Ideas moved from doctors thread because no answers [Re: Magash]
    #233470 - 05/28/09 01:40 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

you dont think going from a 250w hps to 2 1000w hps can cause shock? i slowly worked my ppm up didnt want to shock them more than they already where from lack of nutrients.I am running them at 900 ppm rite now and the plants are doing so much better no yellowing just vibrant green and growing like weeds. thanks for the suggestion on an organic fertilizer. i may just use it on my next grow cycle. i just have so much money invested in supernatural that i want to use it all before i switch.

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

#233550 - 05/28/09 04:07 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I know both you guys have Cali med cards and I have a Michigan Med card but you can't get good seeds or clones up here yet. I was thinking about driving to canada.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder