Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
How Much Time Needed: From Seed to Flowering
    #219036 - 04/23/09 04:53 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

After a very recent event, I am thinking about starting my very first Mary Jane cultivation.

A couple days ago I found a nice-looking healthy olive-green seed in my latest gram bud sack. These are some really nice budz, likely hydro's or well-kept home-growns, so I'm pretty excited to see what they grow. But I have a slight problem...

I am leaving the mainland to go back to my home that is the Big Island of Hawaii for the summer. You see, I go to school on the mainland and spend my summers in Hawaii (BTW: its fuckin' awesome in BOTH worlds). My college year ends on June 12, and I will be leaving the mainland around that time. That's only about 1 month and 3 weeks away from today.

So the problem is I don't think I have enough time to grow my seedlings all the way to adulthood and the most important budding stage. And then there's the problem of cloning plants to make more of them to continue the flowering cycles*.

So my question to you experienced growers is: How much time, on average, does it take to grow a seed to an adult plant in this flowering/budding stage? Is it a lot longer than 1 1/2 months?

*Side Thought: What is the lifespan of a marijuana plant? Does it have many flowering cycles like how Shroom cakes have multiple "flushes" or it one flowing stage per life and then it dies?

Let me know,

Your Best Bud,
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How Much Time Needed: From Seed to Flowering [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #219037 - 04/23/09 05:01 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

First off, that is way too short a time period for a full harvest.

Secondly, mature cannabis seeds are brown, not green, so I'm skeptical to whether or not your seed would even germinate in the first place

--------------------

OfflineAKSE

Re: How Much Time Needed: From Seed to Flowering [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #219120 - 04/23/09 08:56 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Roughly 90 days.

Aw you beat me to it Harry!  He's right, seeds should be brown possibly with black stripes.  Not green or white. :yesnod:

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How Much Time Needed: From Seed to Flowering [Re: AKSE]
    #219288 - 04/24/09 10:08 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

How long are you in Hawaii for over the summer? They get some of the best outdoor growing conditions in the world from what I've heard. Maybe you can try an outdoor grow? If nothing else it will get you prepared for trying indoor on the mainland.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

OfflineDankenstein
Re: How Much Time Needed: From Seed to Flowering [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #219302 - 04/24/09 11:28 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

That or maybe by the time you get back you'll even have found another seed to sow along with your iffy green seed.  You could try to germinate the seed and ask someone to take care of it for the summer in vegetative growth in exchange for cuttings.  That way when you get back you'll have the same plant to take cuttings off of and maybe your friend will even determine the sex of the plant by then :-P

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: How Much Time Needed: From Seed to Flowering [Re: Dankenstein]
    #219523 - 04/25/09 01:11 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Here's my pretty blurry photo of my seed in front of the bud which it came from. Taken with my cell phone. Its the only digital camera I own, and this lame picture is the best I can do with developing a 35mm roll...

You think its a fertile seed or are these photo's just too lame?

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

Re: How Much Time Needed: From Seed to Flowering [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #219571 - 04/25/09 06:15 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbdown: its no good, maybe wait till next year!

Surfs up! :bigblunt:

:peace:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals