Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
OD'ing On Bud Brownies...
    #212446 - 04/05/09 08:02 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

To be smokey-clear, when I say "OD'ing", I am referring to having an experience with eating a THC-laced food that ended up unintentionally too powerful or too intense than you feel comfortable with. I am NOT referring to "OD'ing" in the context of dying from a THC-overdose! (which you all know is impossible! Hooray for the safety of even the most Dank Weed!). Besides, if you did die from a THC overdose, how could you be reading this?

Anyway, it seems every time I eat Bud Brownies, Shake Brownies or Cannabutter foods, I always seem to have a bad trip due to an "overdose" (see above disclaimer) from the power of the ingested weed. The only exception is my first experience with Shake Brownies, which was one of the most powerful (in a good way), enjoyable and beautiful weed 6 hour experiences I have ever had in my life.

My question: Has this kind of uncomfortable, sometimes frightening experiences with "OD'ing" on Bud/Shake/Cannabutter foods happened to you or someone you know?

~ T.rue H.erb C.rystal ~

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (04/05/09 08:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemeatcakeman
You Have Heard of the Yetti
Male

Re: OD'ing On Bud Brownies... [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #212447 - 04/05/09 08:06 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

No.

To say the least, I feel almost nothing besides a fairly decent* body high. I've tried cannabutter, medical brownies, cannamilk, and cookies and have yet to feel satisfied from any.

*and by 'fairly decent' I mean a nice, subtle, and controllable body high; nothing overwhelming.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

Edited by meatcakeman (04/05/09 08:07 PM)

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#212452 - 04/05/09 08:22 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

you can't OD on weed man

it's not for everyone though

Invisibletravelleler
New and used cannabis seeds!!!

Re: OD'ing On Bud Brownies... [Re: meatcakeman]
    #212460 - 04/05/09 08:32 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

yeah I love 'em!  Meatcakeman you can give me the ones you dont want and I'll eat 'em for you!

I find that it takes a good 90min. to get the high rolling and another hour after that to come close to the peak of the experience but sometimes it can take up to 3 hours (or longer!) to peak.  The experience always feels like a very strong stone that creeps slowly up.  Usually smoking a single bong hit 2 hours into it will force the effect to peak quicker and last longer. 

I make cannabutter cookies and I swear by them though once I ate a whole bud fresh off the plant just before going to see a public attorney at the county court.  The inevitable wait in the waiting room which usually drives me fucking crazy was actually not so bad.  Excellent stress/anxiety relief without too much buzz in my head, I was able to converse with the state employees in the courthouse without difficulty. 

All in all I'd say eating fresh bud is a mild but effective anti-anxiety experience while eating processed cannabutter foods or just cannabutter alone will lend a more narcotic stone effective for pain relief or curing insomnia-- which can be very useful and enjoyable in the right circumstances. 

I have never been 'too high' from just marijuana but I have given my cookie to a friend while at work and he complained about being 'more stoned than he had ever been in his life'...  which was fun for us both except I had to work extra hard to make up for his slowness--  stacking 40 pound boxes 10-20 times per minute in 12-15 hour shifts in 100+ degree heat can be exhausting and painful but I can say with all honesty that I was able to do it with very little pain--  though we did drink about 2 gallons (8 liters) of water and eat 5 meals every day...  I highly recommend cannabis foods to people who can deal with being stoned.  If it makes you uncomfortable then for the gods' sake don't do it to yourself!

--------------------
So, in summation: The CIA, with a little help from the Nazis, accidentally helped invent hippies while they were trying to figure out how to brainwash communists.

Pour that on your granola and eat it, you zombie pinko bastards!"

Offlinemeatcakeman
You Have Heard of the Yetti
Male

Re: OD'ing On Bud Brownies... [Re: travelleler]
    #212464 - 04/05/09 08:48 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

travelleler said:
I highly recommend cannabis foods to people who can deal with being stoned.  If it makes you uncomfortable then for the gods' sake don't do it to yourself!

I agree. One time my roommate and I had two brownies before we went to a party. I didn't need a drop of alcohol in my system to have a good time and socialize with some sexy girls. Inevitably, our high-induced suave was noticed and we ended up getting a ride back with the two sexiest* girls there and staying in their dorm.

*we decisively picked out which girls there were worth engaging in a socio-romantic manner and these two scored highest on the list :lol:

Moral of the Story:
If your body can handle it, you can use marijuana to ease some of the social awkwardness in a social setting; it's even better than alcohol because you won't have the alcohol-induced imbecility.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

#212487 - 04/05/09 10:14 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I can't handle eating weed these days. It is way too much for too long for me. It's nice for a while but I wake up the next morning and am still fucked up for half of the day to the point of tripping sort of. Not in a good way either. It's more hangover like for me. Maybe I always over do it. In any case I have written myself off as a smoker only.

Invisiblebananatelephone
MarijuAnna♫

#212492 - 04/05/09 10:23 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Brownies kicked my ass twice, but it was awesome, :awesome:.

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

Re: OD'ing On Bud Brownies... [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #212493 - 04/05/09 10:23 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i tried eating weed once, i must not have used enough. i would have gotten a lot higher if i had just smoked it :shrug:

did firecrackers with natural peanut butter and everything.

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

Re: OD'ing On Bud Brownies... [Re: usg543]
    #212496 - 04/05/09 10:35 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

My experiences have usually been eating brownies while smoking. I've usually eaten the brownies more as munchies satisfaction than with dosage in mind. I've probably been overdoing it. I love the high until I go to sleep and wake up though. That's is when it gets bad. I could eat less and avoid that maybe but then it wouldn't be as good the evening before. Too much of a balancing act for me. I'll stick to smoking.

If you haven't had a full out eating high you should try it once at least by eating more. It's quite an experience the first time. The first time for me impressed me more than I thought weed ever could.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: OD'ing On Bud Brownies... [Re: usg543]
    #212497 - 04/05/09 10:40 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

usg543 said:
i tried eating weed once, i must not have used enough. i would have gotten a lot higher if i had just smoked it :shrug:

did firecrackers with natural peanut butter and everything.

Don't feel bad man I make brownies for friends sometimes, but me personally I can't seem to get the high I want without seriously overdoing it.

Then all I want to do is find a place to sleep.

I usaully let others eat them and laugh my ass off watching them.:lol:

--------------------
:getstoned:

Offlineblunt master
up in smoke
Male

Loc: NY
Re: OD'ing On Bud Brownies... [Re: Stoneth]
    #212510 - 04/05/09 11:22 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

yeah i know what you mean, sometimes brownies can get pretty intense for a little bit, when you start peaking sometimes it takes a little bit to get used to but once you do then its all smooth sailing from there.

ive always enjoyed eating brownies:thumbup:

Edited by blunt master (04/05/09 11:22 PM)

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

Re: OD'ing On Bud Brownies... [Re: blunt master]
    #212512 - 04/05/09 11:30 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

The peaking is the good part for me. It's not bad at all if you have a trip or few under your belt. It's the post peak that that I would like to do without.

OfflineCompass
King of Hemp
Male User Gallery

Loc: where the hemp grows
Re: OD'ing On Bud Brownies... [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #212589 - 04/06/09 11:54 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah its usually way too much for me.

The way to do it though, if you are set on it, is to make tincture in a large batch and test your way up every week.

OfflineHellDragon
Nobody
Male

Re: OD'ing On Bud Brownies... [Re: Compass]
    #212592 - 04/06/09 11:59 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

One time I ate WAY too much hash (that I made melt in a spoon in milk/butter/peanut butter on the oven), I probably ate like 3 or 4g or whatever fits into one of those big spoons. I ended up being stoned for 2-3 days straight, and seeing trails and getting some weird OEVs

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

Re: OD'ing On Bud Brownies... [Re: HellDragon]
    #212603 - 04/06/09 12:52 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

hash brownies that have you in and out of consciousness for 36-48 hours. Usually was more fun after those first 20 hrs then a good day of straight chilling/smiling.

good times

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds