Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineicanfeeltherain
Newb Mycologist
Male

The new guy
    #205861 - 03/15/09 08:45 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Hello everyone,

I want to create a small personal grow utilizing limited space in my bedroom.  I have  a space in the corner (kinda between my dresser and my bed) that is 3'x2'x8' and I was hoping to be able to construct something like a cabinet (I've read that old refrigerators work well) to house a couple plants.  I am a total newb, so bear with me here.  What is the best way to go about setting this up? 

Also, how much of a mess will it be to use dirt pots indoors in a small space?  I am intrigued by the hydroponic systems I have seen that can be made fairly painlessly, but I have read that hydro is not as pretty as dirt grown bud, nor as tasty.  Is hydro lacking compared to the soiled plants, and is convenience worth the lack of quality?

--------------------
"We are here to awaken from the illusion of our separateness" - Thich Nhat Hanh

"Yes, Cuban B."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: The new guy [Re: icanfeeltherain]
    #205872 - 03/15/09 09:11 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

In that size space, try to squeeze it a wardrobe. Just go to Lowes or Home Depot and look around the closet shelving stuff. It should be over there. Get one thats wood. Its easier to modify. You can find one that has double doors and is sectioned down the middle. It has a top shelf too. Its like $140. Look around at different stores. You'll find something good.

I recommend soil for such a space. You'll have more room to work with inside the grow area.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

Offlinebobby
TheKushFiles
Male User Gallery

Loc: upper sedimentary rock
Re: The new guy [Re: icanfeeltherain]
    #205876 - 03/15/09 09:17 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

WTF!! i went from gorilla, to organic indoors to dro. BY FAR hydroponics is the best. bigger fatter buds, bit more potency and yes WAY more beautiful but it's all in how you grow, the nutrients , lighting and ventulation. i dont have experience with small spaces so i couldnt give u good pointers there. oh yeah, the only prop i give organic is yes, it does taste better.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Centre
Male
Re: The new guy [Re: bobby]
    #206019 - 03/16/09 10:56 AM (15 years, 15 days ago)

Well, I prefer organic, just for the fact it is easy, grows good, tastes amazing, and I am sure a good organic White Widow will be MORE than potent enough. Not to mention you can't grow hydro outside, and you can't grow big sativa inside, and I like my sativa...

--------------------
Current Grow, backyard outdoor.

Backyard Grow

It is just you out there, there is nothing to fear, as it is all just you. Displeasure and fear is an illusion, love is the only truth...

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: The new guy [Re: The_Centre]
    #206257 - 03/16/09 08:55 PM (15 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

The_Centre said:
Well, I prefer organic, just for the fact it is easy, grows good, tastes amazing, and I am sure a good organic White Widow will be MORE than potent enough. Not to mention you can't grow hydro outside, and you can't grow big sativa inside, and I like my sativa...

I think so too.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds