Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Has anybody made Genetically-Modified (GM) Plants?
    #203715 - 03/06/09 07:56 PM (15 years, 25 days ago)

I wanted to find out if anyone at the The Growery had stepped into some Ultra-Advanced breding techniques and genetically-modified an existing strain and added some genes from other plants (or animals) to create a super-weed strain (ex: a strain that has *very* potent buds, bug-resistent, faster vegetation growing rates, always female, etc.). Imagine, a weed plant being genetically-modified with the the Banisteriopsis caapi tree (used in the Ayahuasca brew) and have buds covered with DMT crystals! Or maybe a weed strain spliced with genes from Salvia Divinorum to create a weed plant that grows Salvia leaves that are covered with THC-resin and other cannabinols.

Has anyone made or knows anyone who has made any GM plants?

~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Has anybody made Genetically-Modified (GM) Plants? [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #203740 - 03/06/09 10:36 PM (15 years, 25 days ago)

I have used 'ultra advanced' breeding techniques but I do not know that any of these techniques have been applied to cannabis. I have actually been toying with the idea of rapid genetic stabilization through ploidy level manipulation. If I ever try it I will be sure to post it up.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#203778 - 03/07/09 10:27 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

while you have some very cool ideas there, i'm afraid that none of that would really be feasible in reality.  you can't just insert a few genes from one organism into another and get cannabis that grows salvia leaves.  if only it were that simple.

what you could do, however, is something like splicing in a gene for resistance to herbicides, like Monsanto's round-up-ready corn or soybeans.  this allows farmers to spray their fields with round-up, killing off only the weeds and other unwanted plants.  or maybe a few genes that provide enhanced resistance to some sort of pest or mold.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Has anybody made Genetically-Modified (GM) Plants? [Re: Yrat]
    #204050 - 03/08/09 06:21 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

did you watch world by monsanto?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Has anybody made Genetically-Modified (GM) Plants? [Re: captain.koons]
    #204185 - 03/09/09 08:12 AM (15 years, 22 days ago)

i have not.

i believe monsanto is on the leading edge of genetically modified crops, which i truly believe are the only way to feed an increasingly overpopulated planet.

i think that monsanto itself, however, is one of the most evil companies on the planet.  they may just kill off most of the human race in their quest to control the world's food supply.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

OfflineThe_Centre
Male
    #204943 - 03/12/09 07:25 AM (15 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
I wanted to find out if anyone at the The Growery had stepped into some Ultra-Advanced breding techniques and genetically-modified an existing strain and added some genes from other plants (or animals) to create a super-weed strain (ex: a strain that has *very* potent buds, bug-resistent, faster vegetation growing rates, always female, etc.). Imagine, a weed plant being genetically-modified with the the Banisteriopsis caapi tree (used in the Ayahuasca brew) and have buds covered with DMT crystals! Or maybe a weed strain spliced with genes from Salvia Divinorum to create a weed plant that grows Salvia leaves that are covered with THC-resin and other cannabinols.

Has anyone made or knows anyone who has made any GM plants?

~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Caapi, although the main ingredient in Ayahuasca, DOESN'T have any DMT, it is an MAOI, Psychotria viridis, and other plants, are ADMIXTURES, that often have DMT, the DMT is just "the light", while caapi is the cave.
If you want marijuana with dmt crystals, you'd need something like mimosa hostillis or psychotria viridis or something.

--------------------
Current Grow, backyard outdoor.

Backyard Grow

It is just you out there, there is nothing to fear, as it is all just you. Displeasure and fear is an illusion, love is the only truth...

OfflineThe_Centre
Male
    #204946 - 03/12/09 07:46 AM (15 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Yrat said:
i have not.

i believe monsanto is on the leading edge of genetically modified crops, which i truly believe are the only way to feed an increasingly overpopulated planet.

i think that monsanto itself, however, is one of the most evil companies on the planet.  they may just kill off most of the human race in their quest to control the world's food supply.

Watch Zeitgeist, esp Zeitgeist 2.

The earth can sustain a population of more than 9 times the current one by truly using it wisely.

Just watch those movies, it will change you life. I can't tell you how much it will help you understand, and will catapult you into a new era of understanding, you have no idea how those two movies helped me.

--------------------

Backyard Grow

It is just you out there, there is nothing to fear, as it is all just you. Displeasure and fear is an illusion, love is the only truth...

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Has anybody made Genetically-Modified (GM) Plants? [Re: The_Centre]
    #205280 - 03/13/09 05:40 AM (15 years, 18 days ago)

already seen em

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

OfflineThe_Centre
Male
    #205483 - 03/14/09 06:23 AM (15 years, 17 days ago)

And you still think the government is there to help us? After they killed all those people, just so that they can further there screwed up agenda... Then my friend, you are blind, blind to what is happening in this world.

--------------------

Backyard Grow

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#205622 - 03/14/09 04:32 PM (15 years, 17 days ago)

???

where are you getting these ideas that i feel that way

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

Offlineherd
the responsible thizz head
Male

#212235 - 04/04/09 05:51 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

lol that what i was thinking. yrat was referring to monsant,not
his goverment.

--------------------
Proud roach/dooby collector since 07

OfflineSovereign
Re: Has anybody made Genetically-Modified (GM) Plants? [Re: herd]
    #216855 - 04/17/09 04:27 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

It would be very easy to add genes to a plant. The first gene gun was made out of an air powered pellet gun. It was used to insert genes into onions.

Anyone could easily build one using parts from a pellet gun or paintball gun. Simply use helium instead of CO2 as the propellant.

Read this : Gene Gun

The hardest part would be obtaining the gene coated nano particles. You would most likely have to have a bio/nano lab make them for you.

Making the actual gene gun could possibly be made for under a few hundred bucks. The most expensive part would vacuum pump.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies