Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com CVG Mushroom Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinetrev
 User Gallery

Security a concern...?
    #200179 - 02/26/09 05:33 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Hi guys thanks for starting this forum. :awesome: 
I hope it grows into the wealth of information that the shroomery is. Not to criticize but to help I have noticed no board about security. Even more so than the shroomery I think there should be a board designed to help people understand security issues relating to online activities, also the concepts of stealth growing and stinky buddadge management could be discussed here. Along with troubleshooting when something gets taken or someone gets busted Ie: what went wrong and how other members can better protect themselves lets face it its a bit more risky than shrooms.Like this sticky post about it at the shroomery I think good growlogs ect... With photos is wat we want here. And more ppl will post if they think they are secure I know I have reservations...

Just a thought.. :cheers:

Edited by trev (02/26/09 07:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSevenFingers
Yamabushi
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Security a concern...? [Re: trev]
    #200195 - 02/26/09 09:19 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I agree Trev. Great suggestion. You have just scratched the surface with your concerns relating to security. In my business security is THE main concern, and I spend more time thinking about ways of improving it than I spend in the grow rooms.

I'd definitely like to see a category for security, which could encompass web security, grow room security, stealth shopping, anti-profiling, etc.

Great idea.

--------------------
Stay High, Stay Safe.

Offlinetrev
 User Gallery

Re: Security a concern...? [Re: SevenFingers]
    #200301 - 02/26/09 07:23 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

security is THE main concern

Totally security over yeild, quality, ect..  Sustainability is the most important thing continuing your activitys over tugging yourself in jail or taking the law into your own hands, ending up in the slammer:heresjohnny:. I had something interesting to say on this thread but I forgot  :sorry:

Offlinetrev
 User Gallery

#200306 - 02/26/09 07:38 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thats funny guys you lock this tread then unlock it straight away.. Im :sorry: I didnt see "All About New Forum Requests.." Thread Im reading it now. You can lock this if you want Though its a pretty serious subject and Im sure people have a lot to say about it.
Thanks stay safe

OfflineSevenFingers
Yamabushi
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #200506 - 02/27/09 09:02 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

When first designing a grow space with the intention of growing cannabis it is very important to get your security precautions out of the way first. At least that is my way of thinking, and Ive never been convicted or robbed. (Knock on wood) This COULD end up being your largest investment, if you do it right, as cameras and computers cost as much as most of the equipment you need for professional results. And when you're investing thousands of dollars to provide the sacred herb for yourself and others, doesn't it make sense to spend the extra cash it'll cost to make sure everything is still going to be there when you wake up tomorrow? My grow rooms are locked down tighter than Fort Knox, and I'd like to share some of my keys to success with the rest of the community.

There are so many facets of security that I could go into that it would be of great benefit to have a dedicated place for all of us paranoid drug-war soldiers to share ideas and concerns related to high-tech and low-tech options for securing your indoor and outdoor grows.

Some things I would discuss include but are not limited to:

What to do if you get raided; and raid prevention
Physical security (ie: locks, booby traps, IR detection)(booby traps are bad mmmkay)
Electronic security (ie: cameras, alarms, computers, motion sensors)
Online security (ie: how to buy things secretly and securely, how to surf anonymously)
Financial security (ie: where to hide your cash and what to spend it on)

These are just a few things that many of us think about and some of us apply in real world conditions, but the majority of people don't think twice about them and they should. It could mean the difference between 10 grand in your pocket or 10 years in the slammer.

--------------------
Stay High, Stay Safe.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com CVG Mushroom Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies