Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Kid Busts Dads Grow Op
    #186614 - 01/22/09 04:32 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

METRO VANCOUVER -- A baby boy playing with his dad’s telephone accidentally called 911, which led police to their house — and a 500-plant marijuana-growing operation.

Police said Tuesday the incident happened at about 11 a.m. Friday in the 14800 block of Goggs Avenue in White Rock.

When White Rock RCMP officers arrived at the rental house, they found the 11-month-old child fiddling with the phone while his 29-year-old dad sat watching television.

“He was surprised to see us,” Const. Janelle Canning said.

The 911 call was a hang-up call and police had heard no voices. The dad, whose name has not been released, protested that he hadn’t called 911 and his son didn’t know how to use the phone.

Nevertheless, police checked the place out because of the amount of condensation on the house’s windows and found the pot-growing operation in a locked room.

The dad was then arrested and was expected to appear in court in early April on charges of mischief and production of a controlled substance. The child, who Canning described as being a “very cute little boy,” was picked up by Ministry of Children and Family Development workers and released into his mom’s custody.

She is separated from his father and didn’t live at the house. “The mother claimed she had no idea what was going on,” Canning said.

“The ministry will continue their investigation to ensure ongoing protection of this child,” she added.

Police are especially concerned when children are living in houses used to grow pot. In this case, Canning noted, the child had no access to the locked room. But condensation, which encourages mould growth and the presence of spores in the air, is a health concern. So is the risk of fire from illegal hydro bypasses, though police didn’t find a bypass in this particular case. There’s also the risk of being targeted for a “grow rip,” or robbery.

“There’s a whole multitude of problems with having a grow-operation,” Canning said. “That’s why the ministry was called immediately.”

Canning recalled a case in South Surrey about two years ago when a newborn baby was taken into protective custody after police found the child in a house containing a pot-growing operation

Source: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/White+Rock+busted+after+baby+calls/1199348/story.html

I lol'd, but then I felt bad because some of my herb prolly comes from there :frown:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblueberry D
Male User Gallery

Loc: michigan
Re: Kid Busts Dads Grow Op [Re: RasJeph]
    #186616 - 01/22/09 05:06 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I hate pigs! I wonder how much they ended up taking?

Invisibleperosiste
I controls the spice
 User Gallery

Loc: I controls the universe
Re: Kid Busts Dads Grow Op [Re: blueberry D]
    #186625 - 01/22/09 07:13 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Nevertheless, police checked the place out because of the amount of condensation on the house’s windows and found the pot-growing operation in a locked room.

sounds like they were tipped off and made up an excuse to me.

--------------------
[quote]hemostats said:
like i said before

quite simply, you are a nuisance while i am a smooth criminal.[/quote]

OfflineJEDDS
The Pioneer.
Male

Loc: Appalachian Mountains, MD...
Re: Kid Busts Dads Grow Op [Re: perosiste]
    #186650 - 01/22/09 10:58 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

WOW now thats terrible luck. And i thought i had it pretty bad. I would of been soo pissed losing all my precious plants and child... cops came to fuck you over. how sad

--------------------
I dream myself in martial arts as appetized.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale