Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

Loc: Colorado Flag
Creative Ice Hash Screens?
    #539789 - 03/24/11 08:35 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I want to make uce hash badly, but I can't afford to get a hash bag, or really buy any extra stuff. Are there any common household items that could be used as a screen?

--------------------
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
-Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCanaman
GreenThumb GreenHorn

Loc: N 5steps, S 5steps, Spin ...
Re: Creative Ice Hash Screens? [Re: Cannasaurus]
    #539817 - 03/24/11 10:09 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

click on gumby hash method in my signature

--------------------

Canaman's Tutorials

ISO Green Oil
Gumby Hash

OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

Re: Creative Ice Hash Screens? [Re: Canaman]
    #539854 - 03/24/11 11:03 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'm following that exact method right now. :smile:

--------------------
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
-Albert Einstein

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
    #539897 - 03/25/11 01:34 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I got the above screens (same as filter mesh in hash bags) for about $3.00 each + free shipping.  Only takes two or three screens combined with some siphoning of water to make very good hash.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

Re: Creative Ice Hash Screens? [Re: Psuper]
    #539900 - 03/25/11 02:10 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Where did you get those screens and what are they sold as?

--------------------
-Albert Einstein

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

#539973 - 03/25/11 11:19 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I describe what these screens are, available sizes, and where to get them in these two threads:
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/489978/fpart/all

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/537680

For ice hash you want either nylon or polyester monofilament mesh.  Like I mention in that first thread I linked in this post, search "monofilament mesh" on Amazon.com (who is an advertiser on the Shroomery/Growery btw).  The funny thing about the screens on Amazon though is that while all the same sizes are continually available, the prices go up and down; I checked every couple of days for a few weeks before placing an order so that certain sizes i wanted would drop in price.

The above pic shows this monofilament mesh next to an actual Bubblebag-- same material.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

Re: Creative Ice Hash Screens? [Re: Psuper]
    #540787 - 03/27/11 07:06 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Cheapest one was about 11$ + s/h

:smile:

--------------------
-Albert Einstein

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

#540827 - 03/27/11 09:44 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

.....like I said, the prices go up-and-down and every few days.  I got a 5-pack of 36 micron nylon screens for only $12, and my single screens for about $3.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
    #541491 - 03/29/11 10:52 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Look up some local art shops and find one that sells screen printing supplies. They should have silk screens, and usually the most standard size is good. But these are not as good as pantyhose, yes pantyhose.
Pantyhose hash is the shiznit, I swear! It can be better than bubblebag hash, it literally is like pure goo, and just melts when you smoke it.
Other than that I've used this kief box I used to have, it said Wikka in it and had a removable tray with a super fine silk screen in it, and that thing made hash that was amazing as well.
Don't be fooled, with proper techniques homemade things can make better hash more reliably than bubble bags.  But it will be WAY more of a pain in the ass than doing it in the bags because in the bags nothing could be easier, you just pour in the trim, mix it, and siphon the water.  :thumbup:

The shitty part is probably buying the pantyhose at the store if your a dude!:thumbup:

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Re: Creative Ice Hash Screens? [Re: Doc]
    #541677 - 03/30/11 01:06 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Doc said:
Look up some local art shops and find one that sells screen printing supplies. They should have silk screens, and usually the most standard size is good. But these are not as good as pantyhose, yes pantyhose.
Pantyhose hash is the shiznit, I swear! It can be better than bubblebag hash, it literally is like pure goo, and just melts when you smoke it.

Actually the monofilament that i link to is preferable to the multifilament silkscreen you're talking about.  ESPECIALLY when it comes to ice water hash.

Multifilament mesh will not retain its' hole size as well as monofilament mesh.  Multifilament also absorbs moisture, can fray and is overall less durable, and it often costs more.

I have more information on the differences, sizing, and why not to use silkscreen in this linked thread:
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/489978/fpart/1

Pantyhose material is also multifilament and not cheaper than other screens.

Iam not saying you can not make awesome dry-sift hash with pantyhose or whatever kind of multifilament mesh, but stainless steel wire mesh or monofilament mesh are better choices and often cheaper for hash making....and if making ice hash, monofilament mesh is certainly preferable.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom