Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
Let's make Ice Hash!!
    #537680 - 03/17/11 05:54 PM (13 years, 5 days ago)

Bubble hash, ice-hash, water-hash, whatever you want to call it-- it's the isolation of the heads of trichomes away from contaminants using cold water.  And it's what we're doing in this thread.....come along!!

We'll be filtering (with mesh screens), rinsing, and siphoning water/contams away from our hash.  All the jars and buckets used during the process are being chilled in a big plastic bin full of ice while in use; there is also a 5 gallon bucket of ice water nearby so Iam ensured of an ample supply of very cold water for every step it is needed.

The above pic is packaged monofilament mesh sheets.  Cost but a few dollars. Same material as the filter sewn into ice hash bags-

Let's begin by chilling our material and ice water together for a few minutes.

To this gallon-sized glass jar is added a fork and plenty of good sized ice cubes to serve as effective agitator devices while we swirl and shake the jar by hand- but first it sits to chill for a few minutes as mentioned.

This jar is then poured over a 190μ screen.  The mesh screen is secured with just a single, strong clip to the side of a simple steel wire mesh colander.

I found this wire colander at a dollar store.  It served its function perfectly.  The 190μ screen collects all the garbage but allows the hash to fall through.

Not to complicated....just pour it gently and slowly into a collection bucket. Rinse with some cold water.

The next step is to allow the solution in the bucket to layer out.  Let the bucket sit undisturbed for a few minutes. We are going to siphon all the water above the now settled hash-layer.

Get as much water as you can then add fresh ice water to the remaining hash-layer, and transfer to a skinny glass container.

...let this also sit and layer out; just as before it sits in the tub of ice for just a little bit before we siphon away the water.

Here a 12cc syringe is used to remove as much water and debris as possible.

.........thread will continue after I return from smoking a bowl.........

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Edited by Psuper (03/17/11 07:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Re: Let's make Ice-Hash!! [Re: Psuper]
    #537694 - 03/17/11 07:09 PM (13 years, 5 days ago)

....this was the last little bit of finger hash (scissor hash) I had....just enjoyed the last of it so let's continue on this journey.

After having added water a few times we are now removing the last little bit with this syringe-

The next step is to pour the hash layer, from the skinny glass container, onto a 36μ nylon mesh screen.  The hash won't fall through but some contaminants can still be "rinsed" through the mesh; here we're going to use the syringe to gently rinse water over the 36μ screen.

My 36μ screen is 12" x 24".  Cost was literally 5x cheaper than name brand pressing screens (which are usually a 25μ mesh size) sold for the purpose which are usually only half this size!  Who cares if someone in China didn't sow an edge on it and attach a name brand tag for me?

**Weird shape that appeared.  Do I pray to it?  Make some kind of fitting sacrifice?

Next we'll leave the house while this dries.  All the drying is done in a dark bathroom: temp. 72 degrees F, relative humidity 42% (right now it is anyways, which sounds good to me).  We're leaving the house, even though it is late at night, to purchase some 91% rubbing alcohol to clean the mesh screens off when we are done.  Let's leave our keys inside the house so we can't get back into it as well.  Instead of finishing now we'll walk the 1/2 mile to a friends' house in the middle of the fuckin' night.  Sure hope the heat was cranked up so it pours out the opened windows until to-fuckin-morrow......

Alright, so this obviously had some good hours to dry slightly while we wandered the cold streets.  We need to remove the hash from the mesh and place it onto cardboard to dry properly.  If the chunks of hash are large crumbs, like this-

....then we cover this container with a lid and insert into the freezer for a little while.  When it comes out we can break it up fairly easily over the cardboard.

I actually stick the piece of cardboard in a warmed oven for a few minutes, BEFORE the hash is on it, to make sure the cardboard is very dry- it literally sucks the moisture out of the hash.

Hell, we could even smoke some now if you wanted....

...that is, if you're coming with us. :shineon:

Edited by Psuper (03/17/11 09:01 PM)

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

#537696 - 03/17/11 07:25 PM (13 years, 5 days ago)

:meatwad:

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Edited by Psuper (03/17/11 11:03 PM)

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #537837 - 03/18/11 10:16 AM (13 years, 4 days ago)

:vaped:

So, I could technically make my own bubblebag with this stuff and sell it for $10 on ebay? :wink:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Re: Let's make Ice-Hash!! [Re: RasJeph]
    #537848 - 03/18/11 11:40 AM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:

So, I could technically make my own bubblebag with this stuff and sell it for $10 on ebay? :wink:

You could probably just write Weed Screen, or Kief Kommander on the corner with a Sharpie marker and sell it for even more.  Sell 'em to all the rich kids that are at home posting on the Growery :wink:.  We'd stand to make literally dozens of dollars.

People will drop more than $100 for 1gallon size sets....$50 would be an absolute bargain in the rip-off market of hash making items (largely marketed to a medical community).

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#537899 - 03/18/11 03:25 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Well, you obviously did pretty well with just the single "bag"...I might give this a shot. IDK, I'm never patient enough to save up enough material for bubble hash haha.

--------------------

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Re: Let's make Ice-Hash!! [Re: RasJeph]
    #538438 - 03/20/11 02:15 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Well, you obviously did pretty well with just the single "bag"...I might give this a shot. IDK, I'm never patient enough to save up enough material for bubble hash haha.

You'll  be happy if you do...you could definately do it with a small amount of starting material.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
    #542689 - 04/03/11 11:29 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Your first pic is one of the coolest Hash pics I've ever seen.  It looks like CANDY!  Mmmm

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Let's make Ice-Hash!! [Re: muse42]
    #542798 - 04/03/11 04:57 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Ya, thats kinda blowing my mind. I don't even know how its looking like that :eek:

--------------------

OfflineOregonChronic
State of Jefferson

Loc: Oregon
    #542850 - 04/03/11 06:45 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Psuper said:

May i ask you where you bought the monofilament mesh sheets?..

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Re: Let's make Ice-Hash!! [Re: OregonChronic]
    #542977 - 04/04/11 12:57 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OregonChronic said:

May i ask you where you bought the monofilament mesh sheets?..

Yep, just amazon.com. Who advertise with the Shroomery/Growery by the way, so I think it's cool to mention them.

To help with ideas and what to get I made a list of the available micron sizes that they carry in this post:

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/490651#490651

A lot....

That thread also has more info on what kind of material you want and other links for different mesh material.  But the way to search is really just to sort the results by what is cheapest first- for some reason the prices of this mesh from amazon are constantly changing, so you need to check over the course of a week or two to find the deals.  I only payed a few dollars per screen and even got five nylon screens (each 12" x 24") of one size for only $12!  Also easy to get free shipping.

Both the nylon and polyester screens work great!

:bonghit2:

I'd also like to add to this thread that this isn't really any different then using Bubblebags and adding a siphoning step (which can be a great step to add if you're only using a couple or few hash bags, by the way).  And Iam definately not trying to put down using bags, but for running 100 grams or less of starting material why not make it cheap and easy if it results in top grade stuff?  And why settle for shitty hash?

Also, besides just first-hand experience with a couple other "doctor endorsed" cannabis patients my online references have been Bubbleman, Chimera, Gray Wolf, and Magash.  I feel better giving props here because Iam not taking credit for any of these old ideas.

Above pic is early flowering shot from the plant that was used...and like Magash says:

Quote:

Magash said:
No don't trim. Not gonna help as much as everybody thinks and you just take away from hash making material which more then makes up for it.

And the leftovers--->

:mastershake:

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Edited by Psuper (04/04/11 11:07 AM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #543658 - 04/06/11 04:35 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

:wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Re: Let's make Ice-Hash!! [Re: Magash]
    #546576 - 04/15/11 01:12 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

:mushroom2:

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Re: bubblehash water [Re: Psuper]
    #547797 - 04/18/11 12:00 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I wanted to add to the above steps an additional piece of guidance:
    One of the tricky steps during this run was to ensure that the bucket of ice water (not pictured), that was drawn from during any rinsing or adding of water during this whole run, was completely, %100 clean and free of contaminants.

So lots of clean ice, new 5 gallon bucket, and the bathroom that serves as the laboratory is wiped perfectly clean of dust. 

I use either a clean quart jar or a syringe to get water from this 5-gallon bucket when I need it.  I also wear latex gloves during the whole process; changing them when needed.

Stay Away From Dust & Lint!!  Don't unroll paper towels or shake cloth towels around your work area-- dust from paper towels will fly around and contam your water.  All of your tools and buckets should be wiped clean prior to use, and readily available in front of you.  And cloth towels or rags need to be free of lint/dust.

Taking the time to outline such details may sound like Iam being rather asinine, and indeed I thought such conversation was just that; but having had performed the above steps as I did I was surpirised to be catching possible contams/dust/cannabis crumbs sticking to my jars, buckets, and gloves at numerous steps.  Having clean cloth towels and new gloves ready right in front of me was very important.

In the future Iam actually going to filter the cold water prior to its addition through a 25μ size bubblebag.  Will also keep the bucket covered with a lid when not in use.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

pics [Re: Psuper]
    #549284 - 04/22/11 12:22 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Another pic of trichomes in bottom of bucket waiting to be collected.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Edited by Psuper (04/23/11 12:48 AM)

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
Re: pics [Re: Psuper]
    #549816 - 04/23/11 04:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Do you harvest on the slightly early side to get your glands so clear/white? Mine always seem darker/tanner.

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Re: pics [Re: Flying_Dog]
    #551496 - 04/28/11 12:20 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Flying_Dog said:
Do you harvest on the slightly early side to get your glands so clear/white? Mine always seem darker/tanner.

No.  You want to harvest mature buds for hash making material.

But the exact color of the trichome heads, the resultant hash, and when to harvest the bud is strain dependant (there are other factors as well).

The plant I used for the above hash didn't really turn very amber at all even when mature.  The above pic shows the trich heads before harvest but still after 9 weeks and they are "cloudy" but not turning amber; other strains could turn darker before this.

Air exposure and hand-pressing darkens hash as well.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
Re: pics [Re: Psuper]
    #551718 - 04/28/11 09:12 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I'm famailar with all that but yours just looks lighter then I have seen. I do like a late harvest though. Mine always looks like sand(clear and tan), rather then milky clear.

edit:You know its only one shot that I was refering to I bet its the flash. Its just everytime I see that real clear bubble I get excited.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures