Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePrivateHigh
Stranger
 User Gallery

Indoor LED / CFL Hydro grow (Sour Diesel) in a mini fridge
    #430614 - 06/09/10 11:17 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I just purchased the mini fridge and ordered a whole bunch of things online from research I did. My goal is to have a low powered stealth box with clean air exhaust and most importantly grow good weed. This is my first attempt, I have never even seen a live grow in person.  I started with no knowledge so I am looking for some guidance along the way.

So far I stripped and cleaned the fridge. I lined it inside and drilled many holes.

Lights:
On the door there are (2) 14 watt Glowplanet fixtures and on the top is (1) 28 Watt Glowplanet fixture. I installed places for some CFL's if I need them in the future.

Filter- I've ordered an inline vortex 4" fan (kinda expensive) that has 172 cfm flow. I am mounting it behind in the back of the fridge where now is empty space. I'll connect to the vertical pipe in the back left to suck air out. I am filling the pipe with activated carbon to act as the hepa filter. This part is really a gamble as I am hoping the fan is powerful enough to suck air through.

To-do:
I still need to install an fan inside and set up the hydro system. I ordered just some small pebble fish tank rocks, a long airstone and pump, net pots, and a container, Advanced nutrients "Big Bud" and Advanced nutrients micro. Any pointers on the hydro set up?

How many plants do you think I could grow at the same time? should I try cloning? any good seed sites? I haven't ordered seeds yet

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: LED hydro grow in a mini fridge start to finish [Re: PrivateHigh]
    #430622 - 06/10/10 12:02 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Welcome to the growery man! Congrats on starting your first grow, good to see you've done your research, you can see its paying off already.

I don't have a large knowledge of indoor grows but looks like you should be able to get at least one plant in there, and you would probably want to utilize a LST to maximize budsites.
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/239247

That will help you out immensely.

I'll definitely be keeping track of this grow man!

--------------------

OfflineEpoo
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Arkansas
Re: LED hydro grow in a mini fridge start to finish [Re: T-Rex]
    #430628 - 06/10/10 12:37 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

lol.. badass man.. looks like a time machine

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LED hydro grow in a mini fridge start to finish [Re: Epoo]
    #430663 - 06/10/10 07:57 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Awesome construction, thats looks fantastic. :thumbup:

Just don't blame the LEDs if you come up short during flowering, those are *extremely* low-powered units. The ones on the door are suitable for cloning and the one up top will veg ok but you need 1w bulbs or greater for decent LED flowering results.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

OfflinePrivateHigh
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LED hydro grow in a mini fridge start to finish [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #430675 - 06/10/10 09:08 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks guys. Yeah, I think I'll call it the space case. I know it has low wattage but I added the cfl's to give a little more light during flowering. Thanks for the LST advice. I have been looking into that too. I am going to put in a small wire cage to promote more bud growth.

Offlinekln
Stranger
 User Gallery

#430967 - 06/10/10 08:51 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

awesome setup, i'll be following this!

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: LED hydro grow in a mini fridge start to finish [Re: kln]
    #431217 - 06/11/10 12:23 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Cool idea, but you are going to have a hard time getting enough light in that box even with the cfls augmenting it.

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

Loc: Pacific NW
Re: LED hydro grow in a mini fridge start to finish [Re: Lucid]
    #431252 - 06/11/10 02:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

my opinion: find a way to get clones by either making them yourself, or getting a friend to grow a mother for you. fit as many red cups in there as you can, if you put 2 42w cfls in there as well(i would find "the wobblelight" light replacements as they are even brighter cfl bulbs that have the same socket. you should have decent results even with the 2 42w, if you correctly feed and water the rooted clones let them grow a little in a red cup, each one should deliver a decent amount of bud, and if you did it right you might have an 8th every few weeks of some dank.

if you want to do hydro i'd find a tub that fits in there, and fit as many small baskets as you can in the lid. but then everything is stuck together, would be come difficult to try and perpetually grow in it. probably a higher yield per bud site, but it would be a longer wait.

seeds: if you're just starting. whatever bag you get that has a seed in it, use it. start it and hope its female, it'll produce good bud if you do it right, even if it came from schwag

--------------------

Third grow  Third grow  Second grow  First grow(in that order) Fun Times :smile:

Edited by helmet (06/11/10 02:09 PM)

OfflinePrivateHigh
Stranger
 User Gallery

#441719 - 07/03/10 11:12 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

So I changed it up a bit... Been busy lately as well

One of the LED panals are defective so I took it out. now I have one 28Watt led on top and 14watt on the door panal. Above are two huge cfl's 85watt a piece. one for each stage. I figure I'll mount the top LED on the ceiling when the plants grow to it, then turn on the CFL.

In the back upper left there is a vent that leads into the upper mini fridge.  Air fills this fridge and then is sucked through the filter, then out the fridge. It does a decent job on the sound. The filter is  a phresh 4in X 8in and fan is S&P125 model for just over 150cfm. I just got this part finished and since then I cant smell anything. The plant was already filling my apt with a slight hint of dank. The fan also does an excellent job at keeping the box cool. I have an inlet at the bottom left where are comes in. it moves upward and out the top. I can even turn on both 85watts plus led's and it will keep cool enough.

The whole unit is stacked and stealth in the closet as you can see. I dont think anyone would really ask what it was if they saw it. Looks like storage.

I received both a sativa and indica but only the sour D survived when I fucked up and didnt have the fan on. Now, the one plant remaining looks like two the way it fanned out. I did a little training to get it to do that.

Next plan:

replace all the lights except 28watt led and install a cooltube with 250 mh/hps system. Any suggestions about this? The box is exactly the same width as the tube is in length. I want to put in a cpu fan to fan it right through and stay cool

Edited by PrivateHigh (07/03/10 11:41 PM)

OfflinePrivateHigh
Stranger
 User Gallery

#441723 - 07/03/10 11:42 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

btw, that's a small basil plant in there under my hand. I cook with it

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
    #441768 - 07/04/10 11:33 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

some weed and some basil huh?

watch out, make sure the feds dont see that basil!!!

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #442919 - 07/07/10 09:47 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PrivateHigh said:

Great fucking job dude! That is top-quality work you did there, it looks more well-made than 99% of the ones I see including the pre-fab mini stealth cabs. 5 leaves for you and your cab. :hatsoff:

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
    #442924 - 07/07/10 09:56 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

that is a very impressive set up good job and you got some building skills too

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LED hydro grow in a mini fridge start to finish [Re: Kilroy]
    #442939 - 07/07/10 10:18 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Can't tell but did you need a 5" -> 4" reducer for the S&P 125 or is that 5" ducting? Don't see that often which is why I ask.

--------------------
|

OfflinePrivateHigh
Stranger
 User Gallery

#443010 - 07/07/10 12:18 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I did need a reducer down to 4" which is not something you can find just anywhere. I ended up using a rubber reducer from piping->clay pot. it's approx. the right size and with the metal clamp around it, it tightened up real nice and clean.

Im ordering the cool tube 250watt today.

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
    #454505 - 08/03/10 06:45 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Update? is the 250 in yet?

--------------------

OfflinePrivateHigh
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LED hydro grow in a mini fridge start to finish [Re: T-Rex]
    #461107 - 08/15/10 10:30 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I received the HPS/MH kit about a month ago. The plant has really taken off since. Im not sure how the LED would have kept it but it was pretty green and dense when it was only LED. Not sure how flowering would go. Also how would it penetrate through the canopy once it was taller. I had a couple hic-ups from heat and burned a couple of tops. It is still really dense. I have to expect a couple problems on my first grow right?

I killed the lights 6 days ago and started flowering. I kinda lost track of time and didnt realize how big it was actually getting. little alone it is still going to grow I just hope not too much taller. My parents came over today and I closed the closet door and you couldnt hear the fan and of course they didnt smell anything. So far so good

I added a huge air pump with 4 outlets pumping bubbles in the hydro. It's looks like the normal mouse type air pumps but probably 3 times larger

How strong will the odor get when it's in full bloom? should I consider an ozone generator or anything else if I want 100% odor removal?

How would you rate the grow so far? what could I do better?

OfflinePrivateHigh
Stranger
 User Gallery

#461109 - 08/15/10 10:32 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Oh and cut me some slack on the cosmetics. I know it looked badass from the future when I first started but its been drilled, cut and screwed. The plant is also getting too large to move in and out much. I have a new plan for the next grow anyways

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale