Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Attention U.S. Voters: Federal Decriminalization of Marijuana! [H.R. 5843]
    #4 - 04/18/08 10:53 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Today, a bill to eliminate all federal penalties for marijuana
possession was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Would you please take one minute to ask your representative to support this bill?
MPP's easy online action system makes it simple - just enter your name and contact
info and they'll do the rest.

"The Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act of 2008," introduced by
Congressman Barney Frank (D-Mass.), would eliminate the threat of arrest and prison
for the possession of up to 3.5 ounces of marijuana and/or the not-for-profit transfer
of up to one ounce of marijuana. It would not affect federal laws prohibiting selling
marijuana for profit, importing and exporting marijuana, or cultivating marijuana.  It
also would not affect any state or local laws and regulations.

Because almost all marijuana arrests are made by local and state police, the primary
impact of this federal bill is twofold:  First, it would offer protection to people who are
apprehended with marijuana in federal buildings or on federal land (such as national
parks); and, second, the bill sends a message to state governments that the federal
government is now open to the notion of states reducing their marijuana penalties,
too.

This historic legislation comes 36 years after the National Commission on Marihuana
and Drug Abuse made a similar recommendation to President Richard Nixon,
suggesting that he decriminalize small amounts of marijuana.

MPP has worked closely with Congressman Frank's staff over the last year, helping to
craft the legislation and build political support for the proposal on Capitol Hill.

Now that the bill has been introduced, members of Congress need to hear from their
constituents who want to see it passed. It takes only a minute or two to use MPP's
online action system to send a quick note to your member of the House.

Now, take just one moment to [click here]
and send a message to your representative
supporting this new legislation.

If you can spare an additional two minutes, make a phone call!

• You can reach your member of Congress by dialing the U.S. House switchboard
    operator at (202) 225-3121 and asking the operator to connect you to your
    representative (click here to lookup your representative). A staff member or
    intern will take your message and relay it to your representative. You can say:

My name is [your name] and I am calling from [your town, your state].
    I wanted to ask my representative to please support Barney Frank's
    Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act.

If you believe non-violent marijuana users should stay out of jail...
If you believe the federal government should set precident on this issue...
If you want to do what you can to help make this a reality...

Take action! :tongue2::spliff:

Here is an email message I composed for my family and (more conservative) associates.  Feel free to use it if you like.
Quote:

For the first time in 24 years, a new bill was proposed today that would end the federal authority to arrest adults for marijuana possession, in effect leaving this decision to individual states, just as it had been for 161 years up until 1937. 

This bill [H.R. 5843 - The Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act of 2008], was introduced by US Congressman Barney Frank (D-MA) and co-sponsored by presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), and seeks to eliminate all federal penalties prohibiting the personal use and possession of up to 100 grams (3.5 ounces) of marijuana.  Under this measure, adults who consume cannabis would no longer face arrest, prison, or even the threat of a civil fine.  The bill also eliminates all penalties for the not-for-profit transfers of up to one ounce of pot.

The bill incorporates the basic recommendations of the National Commission on Marijuana and Drug Abuse (also known as the Shafer Commission), which was implemented by Richard Nixon, but the scientific results and recommendations of which Nixon chose to ignore.  Instead he promoted one of the longest, most expensive and socially damaging wars - a war on the American public - the War on Drugs.

If you believe as I do, that the federal government has no business prohibiting an individual's right to choose what they put into their bodies (particularly when that substance is proven to cause less physical and social harm than other commonly enjoyed substances such as alcohol), I urge you to take just a moment to write and call your representative on this matter.

It will only take a few minutes, and your voice is important!

Then call the capital switchboard at (202) 225-3121 and ask the operator to connect you to your representative (you may give the operator your zip code and they will find your rep for you if you don't know their name).  Once connected to your representatives office, you can say something to the effect of:

My name is [your name] and I am calling from [your town, your state].
I wanted to ask my representative to please support Barney Frank's
Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act.

Thank you for hearing me out, and please feel free to forward this message to any and all potentially receptive peoples.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Edited by geokills (02/06/09 09:23 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelabrat265
Experimenter.
Male

Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: geokills]
    #627 - 04/20/08 04:56 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Whether this passes or not, it is extremely important that this gets the attention it deserves.

I've been searching for a way I could make an impact politically for weeks. After being pretty apathetic about that idea for weeks, I stumbled across this same post on the shroomery.org.

I've already personally mailed a letter to my district representative and I am going to get some of my more politically active friends, family, and associates to do the same. I feel that if my representative gets a large handful of letters, we might just change his mind (if that even needs to be changed). Remember, some of our representatives may not even have a position and may not even plan to vote at all. Why not do the same: tell your local representative how you feel. Don't forget to remind him that you vote!

OfflineSlashOZ

Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: labrat265]
    #840 - 04/20/08 11:41 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

it is very important that everyone email their congressional representatives in support of this legislation.

Offlineerb
 User Gallery

Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: SlashOZ]
    #844 - 04/20/08 11:42 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

We on our way!
everyone do this please!

OfflineScYiNs47
_"MiDwEsT FLEsh"->
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chi-Town, USA
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: erb]
    #882 - 04/20/08 11:57 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AlteredAgain said:
Do consider that every call received by your representative on a particular issue is statistically recorded to represent about 10,000 people in the United States population. I'm not completely certain about the exact number but this method of estimating total potential voters does exist.

Your call does matter.

:thumbup:

--------------------
--------------------

OfflineGuruu

Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: ScYiNs47]
    #952 - 04/20/08 12:20 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Like somebody else said in the shroomery version of this thread, I think that the internet is eventually what will bring about the decriminalization of weed. So much info out there, people eventually find it for themselves and see why it needs to be legalized.

OfflineAce
King Of It All

Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: Guruu]
    #1715 - 04/20/08 03:10 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

you know what would be sick, if that southercomfort was loaded with keif

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: ScYiNs47]
    #1726 - 04/20/08 03:13 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ScYiNs47 said:
Quote:

AlteredAgain said:
Do consider that every call received by your representative on a particular issue is statistically recorded to represent about 10,000 people in the United States population. I'm not completely certain about the exact number but this method of estimating total potential voters does exist.

Your call does matter.

:thumbup:

Thanks for posting that!  I didn't realize they really monitored that stuff.  I have been planning on calling my congressman anyway, this just further strengthens my commitment!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleToiletduk
Head Goon

Loc: Earthfarm 1
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: geokills]
    #1830 - 04/20/08 03:50 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Done and done. Although I doubt it will ever be passed this time around, it does let those in power know how the majority of people feel about this issue.

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: Toiletduk]
    #3004 - 04/20/08 07:04 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Why is this not a sticky yet?

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Offlinehighasfuck
The last samuri
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: THEBats]
    #3332 - 04/20/08 08:42 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Why is this not a sticky yet?

because there are no mods.

Offlinedill705
Turns Shrooms to Weed

Loc: Mi
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: highasfuck]
    #3471 - 04/20/08 09:39 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Already did my part, my whole address book got spammed twice with this.

--------------------
It's funny how when you're talking about testing the first nuclear weapon, which some scientists thought could possibly set off a chain reaction that would burn off our entire atmosphere and leave a lifeless barren rock floating in space, the risk is justified. But if a few extra people might get stoned it's just too dangerous to try.
-FF

I got $50 on Barack!!!

InvisibleScript
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: dill705]
    #4452 - 04/21/08 01:41 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Even though i dont smoke anymore, ill shoot some emails.

Offlinerodfarva

Loc: Sobe
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: Script]
    #4520 - 04/21/08 03:56 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I did my part :cool:

can i be a mod here site gods?

--------------------

Offlinearaucaria
Male

Loc: Oregon
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: rodfarva]
    #5199 - 04/21/08 02:13 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

it says it wouldn't affect the federal laws regarding cultivation. so how would the marijuana be produced? by pharmaceutical companies?

--------------------
Kids are always honest
Cause they don't think their ever gonna die

Offlinedill705
Turns Shrooms to Weed

Loc: Mi
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: araucaria]
    #5230 - 04/21/08 02:27 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

In Canada, because we have a secret law that outsources all of our jobs.

--------------------
It's funny how when you're talking about testing the first nuclear weapon, which some scientists thought could possibly set off a chain reaction that would burn off our entire atmosphere and leave a lifeless barren rock floating in space, the risk is justified. But if a few extra people might get stoned it's just too dangerous to try.
-FF

I got $50 on Barack!!!

Offlinearaucaria
Male

Loc: Oregon
Re: ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] [Re: dill705]
    #5288 - 04/21/08 02:46 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

that sounds right

--------------------
Kids are always honest
Cause they don't think their ever gonna die

Invisiblenight trainV
Male

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: Attention U.S. Voters: Federal Decriminalization of Marijuana! [H.R. 5843] [Re: geokills]
    #5425 - 04/21/08 04:17 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I emailed my congressman:grin:

OfflineAcidistic

Re: Attention U.S. Voters: Federal Decriminalization of Marijuana! [H.R. 5843] [Re: night train]
    #5441 - 04/21/08 04:28 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

This is awsome I'm glade I live in colorado its getting closer and closer to legalization. Hell Yeah!

--------------------

"Hubbs (to Joe): Ever since you got hit by that laser at that Blue Öyster Cult show you've been acting like a pussy!"

Offlinehighasfuck
The last samuri
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
Re: Attention U.S. Voters: Federal Decriminalization of Marijuana! [H.R. 5843] [Re: Acidistic]
    #5486 - 04/21/08 04:45 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Email your congressman a few times. Im sure they get more than enough emails and probably only veiw half of them.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck