Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Medical Marijuana Expected To Qualify For Arizona Ballot
    #403372 - 04/18/10 02:12 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Medical Marijuana Expected To Qualify For Arizona Ballot

The Arizona Medical Marijuana Policy Project Wednesday submitted more than 250,000 signatures to the Arizona Secretary of State's office in order to place medical marijuana on the November ballot in Arizona.

The initiative requires 153,365 signatures to qualify for the ballot. Once the initiative qualifies, Arizona voters will be asked on November 2 to vote yes on the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act, which would allow terminally and seriously ill patients who find relief from marijuana to use it with their doctor's approval.

Photo: NORML
Andrew Myers, AMMPP: "People suffering from multiple sclerosis, cancer, AIDS, and other serious illnesses should not be forced to seek on the streets the medicine they and their doctors know they need"
​ "We are proud to turn in these signatures today on behalf of the thousands of patients in Arizona who will benefit from this law once it is enacted," said Andrew Myers, campaign manager for the Arizona Medical Marijuana Policy Project (AMMPP).

"People suffering from multiple sclerosis, cancer, AIDS, and other serious illnesses should not be forced to seek on the streets the medicine they and their doctors know they need," Myers said. "This initiative proposes instead a dispensary system that will give patients safe and reliable access to medical marijuana if they possess a doctor's recommendation to use it," Myers said.

"We look forward to qualifying for the ballot and bringing our message to voters over the coming months," Myers said.

Upon its passage, medical marijuana will be regulated by the Arizona Department of Health Services and will permit qualifying patients or their caregivers to legally purchase their medicine from tightly regulated clinics -- they need not purchase it from the criminal market.

Seriously ill patients will be protected from arrest and prosecution for the simple act of taking doctor-recommended medicine.

If the initiative qualifies, Arizona will join South Dakota in having medical marijuana initiatives on the ballot this November.

Currently, 14 states have effective medical marijuana laws, and more than a dozen other states, including New York, Illinois, and Delaware are considering medical marijuana laws this year.

AMMPP receives significant support and funding from the Marijuana Policy Project (MPP).

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Medical Marijuana Expected To Qualify For Arizona Ballot (moved) [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #428109 - 06/03/10 08:15 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

This thread was moved from Growery News Service.

Reason:
Populating new Medical Marijuana & Activism forum.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Re: Medical Marijuana Expected To Qualify For Arizona Ballot [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #444397 - 07/10/10 12:09 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

The Medical Marijuana Initiative has indeed been approved for the November ballot, and I know there are a few of us that live in Arizona.

Please make an effort to spread good information about this initiative and how beneficial it could be for our state and for the cause of decriminalization.

I volunteered to actually go into the community to collect signatures and spread literature, and if you have ANY time at all it would be so helpful if you could too.

The volunteer link is here; they request some contact information, but don't let that put you off, its time we stand up and take some action for a cause we truly believe in!
Get rid of your apathy and the "I don't have time" bullshit, and just do SOMETHING.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
Re: Medical Marijuana Expected To Qualify For Arizona Ballot [Re: 81renaissance]
    #444453 - 07/10/10 08:24 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I wish those of you in Arizona the best in this effort. If you live there plz go and vote to help this pass. Sign the petition to show the politicians that you want this to happen. The more states that get behind this will make it easier for others states to do it. MN missed it by a slim margin and it will be back up again on the ballot. Good luck Arizona :thumbup:

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order