Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMungo
Free as a Bird
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indianapolis
how do my plants look?
    #115503 - 08/28/08 03:58 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

The tips on a few of them look dead.. the older leaves on a few are turning a bit yellow and droopy.. Do these look ready to transplant?

Any help is appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: how do my plants look? [Re: Mungo]
    #115507 - 08/28/08 04:03 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

yes they are ready for a transplant.  If the seed leaves are the ones that are dying that's normal.  Have you fed them any nutrients?  If you have that may explain the tips burning.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineMungo
Free as a Bird
Male User Gallery

Re: how do my plants look? [Re: coda]
    #115521 - 08/28/08 04:39 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I've made the mistake of feeding them every time I watered them.. so I'm going to water a couple times without nutes to help even it out.

Should I clip the tips off or just leave em?

Pic 3 is what I'm talking about with the yellowing and drooping of the older leaves

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#115525 - 08/28/08 05:20 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i really don't see any yellowing or drooping.  you are over-analyzing waaayyy too much.  don't cut the leaves.  those plants look great.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineMungo
Free as a Bird
Male User Gallery

Re: how do my plants look? [Re: Yrat]
    #115529 - 08/28/08 05:48 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

fuck yea :super:

OfflineAnnom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Trusted Cultivator
    #116770 - 09/01/08 01:53 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Yrat said:
i really don't see any yellowing or drooping.  you are over-analyzing waaayyy too much.  don't cut the leaves.  those plants look great.

:yesnod:

OfflineMungo
Free as a Bird
Male User Gallery

Re: how do my plants look? [Re: Annom]
    #117262 - 09/02/08 03:13 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Ok a few plants are exhibiting what I'd consider a nitrogen deficiency what do you think?

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #117312 - 09/02/08 06:04 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm thinking it is looking like nitrogen deficiency, judging by how quickly it has happened and how the whole leaves that are affected look in the first picture. My guess is that, once you flushed and stopped feeding, it wasn't getting enough nutrients. What kind of stuff are you growing in there - is it supposed to have its own nutrients or is it a soilless mix?

I meant to post earlier that, while the tips of those leaves in the first post didn't look very serious, it was a sign that it was going to get serious soon, so sorry on that one. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: how do my plants look? [Re: Sirius]
    #117323 - 09/02/08 06:44 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

that did come on fast, four days?  how much perlite is in that mix?

the edges seem burned though, as if the yellowing isn't just an N def

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineMungo
Free as a Bird
Male User Gallery

#117402 - 09/02/08 09:39 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I believe the lights were a bit close and the temps were too high for a while but that's fixed now.. that may or may not explain the burnt edges, I'm not too sure the ratios of perlite/vermiculite/soil.

I'm feeding with advanced nutrients mother earth super tea every other watering.. I'm also starting to water with rain water instead of tap.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #117598 - 09/03/08 04:07 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

We were wondering that as well about that burning, Yrat. Mungo, what kind of micro-nutrients are in the super tea? Since you started watering with rain water instead of tap, it is possible that they aren't getting enough magnesium, which could explain the burning and the yellowing. We'd really need a close-up of that lower leaf to see how the color has been leaving the leaf though.

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: how do my plants look? (moved) [Re: Mungo]
    #117602 - 09/03/08 04:12 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

This thread was moved from Marijuana Cultivation.

Reason:
Moving this on over to Doctor's Diagnosis.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #117733 - 09/03/08 01:49 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Yrat said:

the first two pics show burnt tips which is a sign of overfeeding.

The last pics he posted, IMO, show signs of becoming rootbound.  Plants that small, unless grown in hydro, rarely suffer from nutrient deficiencies.  When dealing with young plants that are growing in a small pot showing problems, it's best to transplant to a bigger pot and wait a bit.  My first grow suffered from the same malady, i lost almost all of my seedlings until i realized all they needed was a transplant rather then high doses of N.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineMungo
Free as a Bird
Male User Gallery

#118509 - 09/05/08 01:59 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sirius said:
We were wondering that as well about that burning, Yrat. Mungo, what kind of micro-nutrients are in the super tea? Since you started watering with rain water instead of tap, it is possible that they aren't getting enough magnesium, which could explain the burning and the yellowing. We'd really need a close-up of that lower leaf to see how the color has been leaving the leaf though.

OfflineMungo
Free as a Bird
Male User Gallery

#118518 - 09/05/08 02:22 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe it's because the plants were watered with nutrients too early and the peat moss I used for the plants contains small amounts of nutrients in it as well. I'm such a noob at botany.

I just heard someone say you can see the plants move 2 inches a day.. I am nowhere near that are my plants stunted in growth?

OfflineMungo
Free as a Bird
Male User Gallery

Re: how do my plants look? [Re: coda]
    #118961 - 09/05/08 10:33 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm watering at a ph of 6.5 can I drop it to 6 or 5.5 to see if it accepts certain micro-nutrients better or will sudden changes in ph be bad for my plants?

Invisiblewowitch420
whippits n ribs
 User Gallery

Loc: 512 TX
    #119040 - 09/06/08 02:20 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

they look dead

--------------------

heady nugz

OfflineMungo
Free as a Bird
Male User Gallery

Re: how do my plants look? [Re: wowitch420]
    #119045 - 09/06/08 03:52 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm pretty sure they're still alive... for how long I don't know.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #119263 - 09/07/08 07:23 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mungo said:
I just heard someone say you can see the plants move 2 inches a day.. I am nowhere near that are my plants stunted in growth?

No, I really wouldn't expect that rate of growth, especially at this stage. That's a pretty fast rate of growth as it is, and I'd expect something like that is referring to the stretch before bud production starts, probably with a more sativa strain.

Quote:

I'm watering at a ph of 6.5 can I drop it to 6 or 5.5 to see if it accepts certain micro-nutrients better or will sudden changes in ph be bad for my plants?

You're really not going to see any increased intake of nutrients below 6.5 in soil, and you're going to start limiting intake of certain ones if you go lower. 5.5-6.0 is more for soilless mediums and hydro. Here's an invaluable visual for this kind of stuff:

Quote:

Mungo said:
I'm pretty sure they're still alive... for how long I don't know.

Yeah, they still look healthy, but the problems on the lower leaves are definitely suggesting that you've missed a change you've needed to make, and that not taking care of it right away will make things get more and more worse. There are a couple deficiencies that it kind of looks like, but I really agree with coda on the transplanting suggestion, especially after seeing how small those trays are compared to the size of your plants. The best course of action you could take is transplanting up to pots that are at least a gallon in volume. Also, if your nutrients contain other elements, it doesn't make any mention of it, so I'd recommend using tap water, or perhaps at least half tap water. Let it sit for awhile to give it some time for some of the chlorine to evaporate.

Other than the small problem with the lower leaves, your plants really do look healthy. You should definitely be proud of the really short amount of space you have between internodes, a sign that you're giving them enough of the right kind of light (this will really pay off later). Transplanting should really set you up for the next stage of growth - they are going to take off, exponentially. :yesnod:

--------------------

OfflineMungo
Free as a Bird
Male User Gallery

#119332 - 09/07/08 02:12 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks man transplanted last night and flushed the soil just to be sure I'm not overfeeding.. appreciate the help. :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds