

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
namaste
Stranger


Registered: 11/25/21
Posts: 125
Last seen: 14 hours, 34 minutes
|
Attn: Mystikal
#877510 - 10/07/26 09:08 PM (15 hours, 18 minutes ago) |
|
|
You didn't get kicked out of OTD, the settings were changed and now you have to opt in for adult content. Ythan did this so new members didn't stumble in there and it wont show up in recent posts but it's still on the main page. I'll PM you a link, it's just a toggle button. Don't do a permabant.
|
ThreeLittleBirds
JonBongGroovy


Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 762
|
Re: Attn: Mystikal [Re: namaste] 1
#877512 - 10/07/26 09:17 PM (15 hours, 9 minutes ago) |
|
|
I was hoping he would see his mistake here and comeback.
-------------------- "Rise up this mornin,
Smiled with the risin sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true........"
|
namaste
Stranger


Registered: 11/25/21
Posts: 125
Last seen: 14 hours, 34 minutes
|
Re: Attn: Mystikal [Re: namaste]
#877515 - 10/07/26 09:48 PM (14 hours, 38 minutes ago) |
|
|
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29688934#29688934
Ythan said:
feevers said: Yeah pretty much any person that anyone would actually want to be around just turns around and leaves the room when its occupants are circle jerking each other while yelling "nigger" over and over
That's what new (and some old) members here are likely doing all the time when they see OTD shit in the active topics, turning around and leaving.
I did exactly the same when I joined a local gun website to sell a couple things and realized it had a whole subforum filled with threads about how dumb blacks and jews and women are. I'm sure much like OTD there was all sorts of heady nuance and decades of deep culture that my small brain couldn't grasp, but most people just don't want to be around that shit because honestly it's cringey and just fucking stupid
I guess that's a fair point, I kind of forget about all the different places that threads can surface without being explicitly sought out. How about this as a compromise, because I know there's a lot of passion and energy in the cultivation forum, and people should be able to feel proud of that community without needing to address or disavow an unrelated part of the site targeting a different audience. I've updated the option in display preferences to "View forums, avatars, and signatures containing adult content?" and when it's off (which is the default for new users), OTD is disabled. That means no trace in the forum interface, and if a user somehow follows a link to an OTD thread, they'll get an "access denied" error.
It seems like a reasonable solution to me, and more importantly it was really quick to code. Note that staff members always see OTD regardless of the setting.
|
Mystikal
Arranger



Registered: 10/27/24
Posts: 22
Loc: Canada
Last seen: 1 hour, 20 minutes
|
Re: Attn: Mystikal [Re: namaste]
#877516 - 10/07/26 10:46 PM (13 hours, 40 minutes ago) |
|
|
Hey guys! Thanks for thinking of me,.I thought paw banned me and rage quit..I have accepted my one month self ban. I preformed another shake and break on my mycelium. It's looking good, lots of white inside. Will have pics of flush hopefully in a month. I'm finding the color scheme here really tricky to see what I'm typing on mobile but will try to change that and keep in touch on here.
Edited by Mystikal (10/07/26 10:55 PM)
|
Mystikal
Arranger



Registered: 10/27/24
Posts: 22
Loc: Canada
Last seen: 1 hour, 20 minutes
|
Re: Attn: Mystikal [Re: Mystikal]
#877517 - 10/07/26 10:52 PM (13 hours, 34 minutes ago) |
|
|
I fixed the format issue.
|
ThreeLittleBirds
JonBongGroovy


Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 762
|
Re: Attn: Mystikal [Re: Mystikal]
#877518 - 10/07/26 11:58 PM (12 hours, 28 minutes ago) |
|
|
Good you found out.
-------------------- "Rise up this mornin,
Smiled with the risin sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true........"
|
Mystikal
Arranger



Registered: 10/27/24
Posts: 22
Loc: Canada
Last seen: 1 hour, 20 minutes
|
|
I've been lurking the shroomery a bit and saw right away that I made a hasty decision and wasn't banned. The fuss fighting was getting tiring so maybe it will be refreshing to take a break. Just sipping some Peruvian coffee and smoking some fine chronic.
I bought an orchid recently and have been trying my best with watering it only every few weeks. Looks like it's set to bloom but not sure. Seems there is a lot to learn with them. Maybe I can find an orchid forum.
All is well, sorry if I worried people and thanks for checking on me here.
| |
|
|
|
|