Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

Introduction
    #860379 - 07/10/23 12:14 PM (9 months, 13 days ago)

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself.  Long time lurker of this site and the Shroomery.  It’s finally legal for me to grow a few cannabis plants so no more living through your grow logs being too paranoid to try it myself :lol: Still have quite a bit of research to do before I start investing in this, so I’ll try to avoid asking too many annoying newbie questions

I have a sun room full of windows in my house where I might put the plant in a nice south facing window and I’m a light smoker so I’m not too concerned with getting massive yields.  Feel free to share any favorite teks that might fit this situation!  Until the day comes to plant those seeds, I still have my medical card so no rush to get started.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSolid Log
Hollywood
Loc: Seattle
Re: Introduction [Re: Androcell]
    #860382 - 07/11/23 12:21 PM (9 months, 12 days ago)

I like to fertilize soil with black rock phosphorous and greensand and kelp.
Add microbes with every watering.  I used to like Soil Alive! from Gardens Alive!
Get some earthworms from Walmart and add them to your soil.

--------------------
Mammoth Exercise and Robust Administration
-Dr. Subhash Cock

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

Re: Introduction [Re: Solid Log]
    #860385 - 07/11/23 07:10 PM (9 months, 12 days ago)

Thanks, looking into these!  I am building a worm bed for my garden too, maybe can throw some in from the worm bed.  Or do you think using the fresh soil and worm castings produced by the worm bed would have the same effect as adding worms directly?

OfflineSolid Log
Hollywood
Loc: Seattle
    #860386 - 07/11/23 09:08 PM (9 months, 12 days ago)

As long as the worms aerate the soil you are happening.  If you want organic, make sure your potting soil doesn't have Miracle Grow or some other chemo death nutrients.
I like growing in soil.  That tek I described generally doubles or triples the potency of the Ganja, compared to the Ganja you got the seed from.
Some people know how to grow super resinous hydro.  I don't know how to do that.
I got wiped out by spider mites once.  Insects can make indoor a real tragedy.

--------------------
Mammoth Exercise and Robust Administration
-Dr. Subhash Cock

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

Re: Introduction [Re: Solid Log]
    #860387 - 07/11/23 09:58 PM (9 months, 12 days ago)

Spider mites suck.  My girlfriend has a houseplant hobby and had a spider mite infestation.  Had mealy bug and thrip problems at some point too.  Treating 50+ houseplants for infestation is not a fun project :lol:

Starting my first grow from a few seeds collected from bud at the dispensary.  If I can get a female plant out of it see if I can grow it out.  Once I have a better idea of what I’m doing might get some feminized seed packs online.

Edited by Androcell (07/19/23 08:25 AM)

OfflineHamHead
H.A.M.
Male

#860391 - 07/13/23 05:26 PM (9 months, 10 days ago)

Bugs are gross!

I manage a cure room which sees around 4,000 plants dried a month. Summertime brings the bugs! They're difficult to manage organically without using any chemicals.

I'm sweeping up piles off the floor this week. I slipped on some yesterday and about busted my ass! I didn't see them on the floor and was moving some stuff around and slipped! It's fuckin' nasty!

--------------------
"Until an infectious disease crisis is very real, present, and at an emergency threshold, it is often largely ignored. To sustain the funding base beyond the crisis, he said, we need to increase public understanding of the need for MCMs [medical countermeasures] such as a pan-influenza or pan-coronavirus vaccine. A key driver is the media, and the economics follow the hype. We need to use that hype to our advantage to get to the real issues. Investors will respond if they see profit at the end of process." - Peter Daszak

OfflineAndrocell
Stranger
Male

Re: Introduction [Re: HamHead]
    #860426 - 07/19/23 08:25 AM (9 months, 4 days ago)

Nasty.  How do you manage them?  4,000 plants sounds like a lot to handle!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies