Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNiffla
Stranger

Loc: Texas
What is the oldest age (so far in your life) you grew away/apart from really close friends?
    #849137 - 08/30/21 07:50 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Friends come & go when you're growing up, but when you get into your 30's/40's (and beyond) do you feel like the close friends you have then will mostly be friends until the end? Or can you grow apart from those friends just as easily as you did when you were much younger?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: What is the oldest age (so far in your life) you grew away/apart from really close friends? [Re: Niffla]
    #849139 - 08/30/21 08:10 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

If it's really close friends then it is until the end. Probably 20 or 21 was latest I parted ways with some "friends" :shrug:

Edit: and it wasn't bad scenario like theft or cheating or anything like that. Shit just happened. I took a lot of heat for my best friend there and after all that bullshit we all just kinda drifted apart(his friend group) and him and I deleted our social media and have not heard or seen each other since. I miss him and I'd like to think he misses me....he was my only true friend there. I could not care less about all the others in his friend group.

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Edited by spirit_shadow (08/31/21 07:49 AM)

OfflineNiffla
Stranger

Re: What is the oldest age (so far in your life) you grew away/apart from really close friends? [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #849162 - 09/01/21 04:34 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I've drifted (far) away from a former best friend. Long story...

Reason I made this thread -- and "grow apart" was probably the wrong way to put it, but I have a coworker who I'm cool with who told me the other day that he may lose several good friends in the blink of an eye. I asked him how and he said they (him and some childhood friends) had a group vacation planned a while back, but he had to cancel about two weeks before it. The group refused him to pay his part of the money back to him (he paid in advance). They basically said there was a "no refund" policy (lol @ no refund policy btw, these people act like they're running a business or something).

One can argue the technical part of something like that as much as they want, but at the end of the day, IMO if you're a halfway decent friend and human being, you pay the guy back without even thinking about it. It's not like any of the "friends" are paying him back out of their own pocket or something. They're just paying him back the money he already paid to the group (they all paid in advance to one friend in the group who put the trip accommodations on his credit card).

The inconvenience is, everyone in the group now has to pay a little bit more individually. Okay that's an inconvenience, but are you really going to keep your friend's $400 when he's not going on the trip at all? To me that's absurd. If it were me I'd pay back a friend in the same situation without even hesitating. But yeah he was talking about it a lot that day. Like asking what I would do if I were him. It got me thinking about how truly fleeting these friendships can be...he's like 39 and grew up with these people. And just like that, over a little bit of money has potentially altered lifelong friendships.

--------------------

Edited by Niffla (09/01/21 04:54 PM)

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: What is the oldest age (so far in your life) you grew away/apart from really close friends? [Re: Niffla] * 1
    #849165 - 09/01/21 05:18 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Kinda of fucked up things are when it comes to money. I've seen friendships and even relations destroyed over a few dollars. This is why I won't loan money to a friend or girlfriend that I may need or expect to be repaid. That way if they do repay great and if not nothing lost.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: What is the oldest age (so far in your life) you grew away/apart from really close friends? [Re: Stoneth] * 1
    #849169 - 09/01/21 05:47 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah fuck that petty shit :/

I only loan/borrow money with people I would die for :shrug:

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

OfflineNiffla
Stranger

Re: What is the oldest age (so far in your life) you grew away/apart from really close friends? [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #849185 - 09/01/21 08:45 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
Kinda of fucked up things are when it comes to money. I've seen friendships and even relations destroyed over a few dollars. This is why I won't loan money to a friend or girlfriend that I may need or expect to be repaid. That way if they do repay great and if not nothing lost.

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
Yeah fuck that petty shit :/

I only loan/borrow money with people I would die for :shrug:

:nodofunderstanding:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag