Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTotodile386
Foreigner, Vegan, Pesticide-Free
Female

Loc: Oregon Flag
Heirloom REGGIE Vision
    #846022 - 07/15/20 03:30 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

It seems like just yesterday, reggie was the "go-to" cannabis for people to just toke and rejoice.

But almost overnight, all the weed dealers came out with this "hot new stock" people called "dro". They had 2-6 "flavors" from which to choose.

Yet today, there are too many "flavors" to count. "Herb #34". "Jenny 555". "Pudding Pop Haze", "Pudding Pop Ghost", just blah!

I wouldn't mind it, but I'm anxious -- it doesn't seem kosher. And who knows how many of these "Domino's-Lemonberry" strains are suffering the ill effects of extensive factory inbreeding by now?

Am I the only one who, inside, can't help but say, "Fuck it, what happened to good old reggie? I just want good reggie!"?

I had a vision of "heirloom" reggie.

In case you didn't know, "heirloom" in gardening refers to a variety of some plant which is as "close" to the unaltered native plant as they can get it, which has its own benefits.

Why old-fashioned reggie over hipster "dro"? Well, this is my reasoning:

Jesus told them another parable: “The Kingdom of Heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.”

There should be some kind of old-fashioned reggie enthusiast group, at which everyone can trade "heirloom" and "kosher" seeds.
("Kosher" roughly means good, clean, healthy, ideal...)

--------------------

יִרְאַת יְהוָה, רֵאשִׁית דָּעַת

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Heirloom REGGIE Vision [Re: Totodile386]
    #846023 - 07/15/20 03:57 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I'd check out Bodhi/Supernatural Selections/Nierika.  He releases heirloom/landrace strains from time to time, as well as some very unique f1 hybrids.  His heirloom/landrace strains sell out within minutes, so you have to be watching for the drop if you want a shot at getting any.

I actually just ordered some Bodhi seeds.  I got;

Clusterfunk (chem 91jb x 88g13hp)
Garfunkle  (Dumpster x 88g13hp)

And Soulmate and Time Bandit freebies.  Packs are currently buy one get one free at $63 each for 11 regular seeds at GLG.

One of the main reason more people don't grow heirloom/landrace cultivars is because they usually have a long flowering period, sometimes up to 8 months.  Another reason is that they don't always do well when cultivated outside their native environment.  Most commercially available strains have been selected to do well in any environment, and have a relatively shorter flowering period.

OfflineTotodile386
Foreigner, Vegan, Pesticide-Free
Female

Loc: Oregon Flag
Re: Heirloom REGGIE Vision [Re: yoosername]
    #846038 - 07/15/20 09:29 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Takeaways:

- There are people who heirloom-type cannabis.
- Heirloom cannabis varies in growing conditions.
- People prefer commercialized strains over more native cannabis due to the fact that more "native" cannabis can take nearly a whole year to flower, whereas commercialized strains have been bred to flower much more quickly.
- Heirloom cannabis can still be inbred, and more commercialized strains aren't always inbred.

--------------------

יִרְאַת יְהוָה, רֵאשִׁית דָּעַת

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals