Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTotodile386
Foreigner, Vegan, Pesticide-Free
Female

Loc: Oregon Flag
Heirloom REGGIE Vision
    #846022 - 07/15/20 05:30 PM (18 days, 20 hours ago)

It seems like just yesterday, reggie was the "go-to" cannabis for people to just toke and rejoice.

But almost overnight, all the weed dealers came out with this "hot new stock" people called "dro". They had 2-6 "flavors" from which to choose.

Yet today, there are too many "flavors" to count. "Herb #34". "Jenny 555". "Pudding Pop Haze", "Pudding Pop Ghost", just blah!

I wouldn't mind it, but I'm anxious -- it doesn't seem kosher. And who knows how many of these "Domino's-Lemonberry" strains are suffering the ill effects of extensive factory inbreeding by now?

Am I the only one who, inside, can't help but say, "Fuck it, what happened to good old reggie? I just want good reggie!"?

I had a vision of "heirloom" reggie.

In case you didn't know, "heirloom" in gardening refers to a variety of some plant which is as "close" to the unaltered native plant as they can get it, which has its own benefits.

Why old-fashioned reggie over hipster "dro"? Well, this is my reasoning:

Jesus told them another parable: “The Kingdom of Heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.”

There should be some kind of old-fashioned reggie enthusiast group, at which everyone can trade "heirloom" and "kosher" seeds.
("Kosher" roughly means good, clean, healthy, ideal...)

--------------------

יִרְאַת יְהוָה, רֵאשִׁית דָּעַת

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Heirloom REGGIE Vision [Re: Totodile386]
    #846023 - 07/15/20 05:57 PM (18 days, 20 hours ago)

I'd check out Bodhi/Supernatural Selections/Nierika.  He releases heirloom/landrace strains from time to time, as well as some very unique f1 hybrids.  His heirloom/landrace strains sell out within minutes, so you have to be watching for the drop if you want a shot at getting any.

I actually just ordered some Bodhi seeds.  I got;

Clusterfunk (chem 91jb x 88g13hp)
Garfunkle  (Dumpster x 88g13hp)

And Soulmate and Time Bandit freebies.  Packs are currently buy one get one free at $63 each for 11 regular seeds at GLG.

One of the main reason more people don't grow heirloom/landrace cultivars is because they usually have a long flowering period, sometimes up to 8 months.  Another reason is that they don't always do well when cultivated outside their native environment.  Most commercially available strains have been selected to do well in any environment, and have a relatively shorter flowering period.

OfflineTotodile386
Foreigner, Vegan, Pesticide-Free
Female

Loc: Oregon Flag
Re: Heirloom REGGIE Vision [Re: yoosername]
    #846038 - 07/15/20 11:29 PM (18 days, 14 hours ago)

Takeaways:

- There are people who heirloom-type cannabis.
- Heirloom cannabis varies in growing conditions.
- People prefer commercialized strains over more native cannabis due to the fact that more "native" cannabis can take nearly a whole year to flower, whereas commercialized strains have been bred to flower much more quickly.
- Heirloom cannabis can still be inbred, and more commercialized strains aren't always inbred.

--------------------

יִרְאַת יְהוָה, רֵאשִׁית דָּעַת

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation