Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: Burger King's new vegan burger -- a testosterone killer [Re: Data]
    #840899 - 12/26/19 08:59 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Will y'all bang already. The sexual tension between you two is becoming quite obnoxious.

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male

Loc: America Flag
    #840900 - 12/26/19 09:00 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

You said it yourself -- a family can eat their own livestock and it is legal. The children will eat safely. Cook it through and you will be fine.

Opting out is one thing, but just dropping the regulations altogether would be much better.

We can't sell cheese, but people can buy cigarettes.

Think about that.

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male

Re: Burger King's new vegan burger -- a testosterone killer [Re: poor boy]
    #840902 - 12/26/19 09:02 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

poor boy said:
Will y'all bang already. The sexual tension between you two is becoming quite obnoxious.

Never!

:snub:

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Burger King's new vegan burger -- a testosterone killer [Re: XUL]
    #840904 - 12/26/19 09:18 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

XUL said:
You said it yourself -- a family can eat their own livestock and it is legal. The children will eat safely. Cook it through and you will be fine.

Opting out is one thing, but just dropping the regulations altogether would be much better.

Think about that.

Heavy metals and pesticide/herbicides do not cook out bruh, and if you can't even tell the difference between benign phytoestrogens and endogenous estradiol...how can you possibly expect anyone in modern society to believe you when you say you know what which animal meat is free from contaminants? Are you going to personally track down and ask for documented soil evaluations for each vegetable or cut of meat you buy from joe blow down the street?

We've already discussed why quoted discussion point #2 is dumb. I won't bother commenting on that.

That logic is not based in improvement. You are essentially arguing that because we have fucked up regulatory issues regarding tobacco, we should just throw out all regulatory legislation for things that sorta look like tobacco farming....like the entirety of the food supply. I mean by that logic, there is law in NC against engaging in any sexual act that isn't missionary, so we might as well throw out any regulation against incest or rape, because that's not fair for all the rapists who want to rape but can't while everyone else gets to 69 and not go to prison for it.  :cryaboutit:

Again, just because you are miffed about your current inconveniences doesn't mean the whole system is garbage.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#840905 - 12/26/19 09:21 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

poor boy said:

Damn dude, jealousy doesn't look good on you. First it was Amanita and now XUL...

I'm not gonna robo-bang you, no matter how many times you :pm: me about it.

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male

#840908 - 12/26/19 10:09 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Data said:
Quote:

XUL said:

Think about that.

That logic is not based in improvement.

It's based in freedom over regulation -- as many things are in the United States. For instance, it is better to accept hate speech than to ban speech at all. It is better to own guns and accept a small amount of deaths every year. It's about something more than putting communities and people under government microscopes.

I am not saying we should kill all regulations, but some.

Open the markets.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#840910 - 12/26/19 10:34 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

XUL said:
It's based in freedom over regulation -- as many things are in the United States. For instance, it is better to accept hate speech than to ban speech at all. It is better to own guns and accept a small amount of deaths every year. It's about something more than putting communities and people under government microscopes.

Right, but you and I both agree that some regulation is necessary, otherwise why would we need a government in the first place? We give the government the power to impose certain regulations on all its citizens in order to make the society run the way we want it to run. In this case, the risks outweigh the benefits that you can freely inject shitty food into the market without any sort of regulation over the quality of said food. Its based in facts and common sense. To do otherwise is blatantly irresponsible. Do you think that any old dipshit should be able to build his own power plant and try to sync that into the grid, even though minor shifts in the quality of power generation can cause significant damage to infrastructure and the people that use it, all in the name of "freedom"?

Freedom of speech has limitations already established by the supreme court. Furthermore, you cannot and should not be able to go out and purchase high explosives and GE miniguns without proper vetting/licensing and a paper-trail that can hold you accountable to your harmful actions. Nobody is banning you from going out and getting the licensure necessary, but you will have to do it and you will have an accountability model set up around the use of resources that have the ability to cause harm. Nobody is banning you from going out to a peaceful klan demonstration or dribbling your nonsense on stormfront, but there are societal limitations on the application of your right to free speech and your access to firearms, just like there is a limitation on your ability to sell whatever you want with no oversight or accountability.

Your opinion is in the minority, the vast majority of people do not want food with unregulated quantities of heavy metals, feces, bacteria, human fingernails, etc. in it. Just because you want to do something and you feel fairly confident that you know how to do it is just your opinion, one that doesn't hold up to living in a modern society.

Quote:

XUL said:
I am not saying we should kill all regulations, but some.

It is starting to look like that "some" are just the ones that bug you in particular, in your situation at the time, with no apparent thought to other people in other situations. :shrug:

Quote:

XUL said:
Open the markets.

I see you love being fucked over by billionaires :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male

#840912 - 12/26/19 11:03 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

You go too far.

Your logic is fallible.

You know for a fact that individual families can and do eat the animals they raise without following any regulation. With that said, it doesn't cause any epidemics.

Allowing two families to sell each other cheese and meat is not so crazy. It would not cause an epidemic. In fact, people already sell each other raw goods on the black markets -- which just makes us criminals. Your regulations make criminals out of people who are trying to eat and make some money.

Bravo.

Edited by XUL (12/26/19 11:08 AM)

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#840914 - 12/26/19 12:00 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Data said:
Quote:

poor boy said:

Damn dude, jealousy doesn't look good on you. First it was Amanita and now XUL...

I'm not gonna robo-bang you, no matter how many times you :pm: me about it.

I call it like I see it.

:shrug:

--------------------
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#840921 - 12/26/19 12:38 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

XUL said:
You go too far.

Your logic is fallible.

You know for a fact that individual families can and do eat the animals they raise without following any regulation. With that said, it doesn't cause any epidemics.

Allowing two families to sell each other cheese and meat is not so crazy. It would not cause an epidemic. In fact, people already sell each other raw goods on the black markets -- which just makes us criminals. Your regulations make criminals out of people who are trying to eat and make some money.

Bravo.

Right, families can and do eat the animals THEY raise. THEY can make that decision because it is THEIR right to consume THEIR personal production. They and they alone are taking on the entire accountability chain, including quality control and the risk of consumption. It doesn't cause epidemics because a single family isn't trying to supply an entire state's population with their product, so the occasional case of food poisoning or heavy metal accumulation is limited to small families in rural areas where it is easily contained. Hence my analogy about eating literal shit, you can be as reckless as you want, but don't inject your stupidity into the general infrastructure.

You oversimplify a complex food web, the level of risk involved in a modern food web, and the purpose of regulations pertaining to that food web. When you open up the market for individual sales of unregulated food products, the desire for profit and lack of "skin in the game" for having to consume what you produce goes away. For the end consumer, the knowledge of source and quality control is either gone, or now falls to the individual consumer to vet and gather.

Furthermore, when you take away all regulation of the sort, the situation can now arise where food products with unknown ingredients, date of manufacture, traceability, etc. can exchange hands multiple times and possibly cross contaminate other food products on their way, further complicating the burden of the end consumer to vet their products.

Finally, yes there are some laws in place that serve the greater good rather than the conveniences of the individual. That being said, there is nothing there to prevent you from "pulling yourself up by your bootstraps" and applying for the necessary inspections and paperwork to sell your goat cheese to your neighbors. Going back to my example of the "crimes against nature" legislation in NC, that law is ancient and obsolete but now exists to slap additional sentencing on criminal sex offenders to keep them off the streets. Yes, the vast majority of the population in NC are technically criminals, but nobody is going to arrest you for bone-zoning your partner in a consensual way, in the privacy of your home.

Similarly, nobody is going to say shit if you and your neighbor decide to do some private sales of something as casual as goat cheese. However, if your neighbor then gets sick, or sells your goat cheese to a bunch of other people and the whole area gets sick from your cheese, then that law can and probably should be applied to you.

For something so petty and minor, you sure are playing the victim card a lot, blaming the government for all of your problems. Just admit that you don't like soy and you're unreasonably pissed off that you can't sell people unregulated food without any responsibility for its quality...that's just as valid an opinion as some of the other opinions you have, and you certainly have a right to have illogical opinions. :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: Burger King's new vegan burger -- a testosterone killer [Re: Data] * 1
    #840965 - 12/26/19 07:05 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

This is a great troll topic.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: Burger King's new vegan burger -- a testosterone killer [Re: Stoneth]
    #840967 - 12/26/19 07:21 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
This is a great troll topic.

Indeed...but it's such a good troll topic. :pipesmoke:

--------------------

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#840979 - 12/27/19 05:12 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

But is it though...

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#840982 - 12/27/19 06:36 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

:70swhoa:

--------------------

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#840985 - 12/27/19 07:28 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for clearing that up. Oh, what would we do without you...

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male

#840990 - 12/27/19 08:40 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

You ain't shit!

:snub:

:mushroom2:

OfflineJenny
Female User Gallery

#841071 - 12/28/19 01:09 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

i could really use a burger king right now :awepixletrippin:

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: Burger King's new vegan burger -- a testosterone killer [Re: Jenny]
    #841072 - 12/28/19 01:42 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Jenny said:
i could really use a burger king right now :awepixletrippin:

Om nom nom nom  :baconator:

--------------------

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#841078 - 12/28/19 05:37 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Burger King is known for using a paste in the form of a pattie.

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#841080 - 12/28/19 05:46 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I'm more of a McDonalds/Wendys kinda person :shrug:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom