Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male

Loc: America Flag
Burger King's new vegan burger -- a testosterone killer
    #840852 - 12/25/19 10:47 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

So much for trying their vegan foods. EVER.

Quote:

Estrogen may stimulate breast tissue growth. Men with too much estrogen may develop gynecomastia, a condition which leads to larger breasts. Erectile dysfunction (ED). Men with high levels of estrogen may have difficulty getting or maintaining an erection.
https://www.healthline.com/www.healthline.com

Edited by XUL (12/26/19 02:03 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Burger King's new vegan burger -- a testosterone killer [Re: XUL]
    #840857 - 12/25/19 05:08 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Phytoestrogens and estradiol are completely different, and there is, at best, conflicting evidence about phytoestrogens' effects on the human endocrine system, and absolutely no data to support the logical leap you are attempting to make here.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineMidnitetoker
Stranger

#840862 - 12/25/19 07:12 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

My dumb ass tried one when they first came out. Made me sick as a dog

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male

Re: Burger King's new vegan burger -- a testosterone killer [Re: Midnitetoker]
    #840870 - 12/26/19 02:01 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

They sell us garbage like this and then restrict us from selling goat cheese, milk, or meat to our neighbors.

Population control.

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male

Re: Burger King's new vegan burger -- a testosterone killer [Re: Data]
    #840871 - 12/26/19 02:03 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

It's not a stretch at all.

Quote:

Estrogen may stimulate breast tissue growth. Men with too much estrogen may develop gynecomastia, a condition which leads to larger breasts. Erectile dysfunction (ED). Men with high levels of estrogen may have difficulty getting or maintaining an erection.

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male

#840872 - 12/26/19 02:06 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

XUL said:

Quote:

I kind of feel bad for all those vegans. They are probably all getting big tits and erectile dysfunction.

InvisibleAmanita86
Head Manager

Loc: Just south of down.
    #840875 - 12/26/19 03:39 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Something is happening.

--------------------
It's not easy being green..:bouncysmoke:

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male

Re: Burger King's new vegan burger -- a testosterone killer [Re: Amanita86]
    #840877 - 12/26/19 05:15 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Ain't no snow comin' out around here.

Edited by XUL (12/26/19 05:15 AM)

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#840880 - 12/26/19 05:33 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Let's talk about "vegans"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/4344556/mount-everest-death-climbing-vegan/%3famp=true

:haha:

Just couldn't make it.. shoulda ate a steak and wore some thick leather coated coats.

:facepalm:

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male

Re: Burger King's new vegan burger -- a testosterone killer [Re: poor boy]
    #840881 - 12/26/19 06:09 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

I think her husband actually murdered her.

It seems fishy.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#840884 - 12/26/19 06:16 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

XUL said:
Quote:

XUL said:

Quote:

I kind of feel bad for all those vegans. They are probably all getting big tits and erectile dysfunction.

Once again, the idea that estrogen is a single compound is false. Estrogen is a class of compounds. Even within the human body, there are four main compounds that get lumped into the term "endogenous estrogen", along with other minor endogenous estrogen compounds.

The estrogen compounds you are trying to refer to in soy-based foods are called phytoestrogens. These are compounds that are structurally similar to endogenous estrogen, and have the ability to bind to by the alpha and beta estrogen receptors(ERs) in the human body.

However, the binding energy to said receptors and the actions on said receptors are not equivalent to their endogenous counterparts. The binding energy to ERs by phytoestrogens is orders of magnitude lower, and generally favors agonism (activation of) the beta receptor or antagonism of the alpha receptor.

The alpha ER receptor is the receptor responsible for growth of mammary tissue and maturation of reproductive tissues. The beta ER receptor is tied to primarily to immune function and to counteract the actions of alpha ER's activation.

The conflicting data I was referring to involved studies showing a weak correlation between abnormally large, daily supplementation of phytoestrogens and hypothyroidism in thyroid-compromised patients. The same study found no effect on a test group being given the equivalent of 50g of soy protein 3 times a week, and also found that higher intake of phytoestrogens had a strong correlation with improved heart health metrics. Similar studies have found similar conflicting information, or a lack of correlation at all in phytoestrogen's effects on the body. Some phytoestrogens have even shown promise as potent anti-cancer agents, especially in the prostate (where beta ERs are expressed in high numbers).

The historical data overwhelmingly refutes your claims as well. Years of data are available on the long-term effects of soy-based baby formula, which show no correlation on increased risks of reproductive problems, early onset puberty, or any adverse health effects as compared to non-soy formulas. The USDA database for isoflavone content in food (isoflavones are a subset of phytoestrogens that make up the bulk of phytoestrogen content in foods), the average content for soy-based formulas is right around 25-30 mg per 100g.

Conversely, the only documented case of gynecomastia due to naturally occuring phytoestrogens was an elderly man (ie. reduced testosterone male) drinking 3/4 of a gallon of soy milk a day (equivalent to 71,000mg of isoflavones per day). This diet would equate to eating 1600+ impossible whoppers per day, that is:
  • 1 million calories per day
  • 42 lbs of sugar per day
  • 4 lbs of salt per day
  • 39 lbs of saturated fat (or about 5.7 gallons of coconut oil equivalent) per day

Unless you are drinking an ungodly amount of concentrated soy as your primary source of calories, you should be more worried about your daily calorie count and the various macronutrients that make up those calories than about soy products magically turning you into a robosexual woman.

It should also be mentioned that there is a documented correlation in human subjects and a direct causal link in test animals between gynecomastia in males and delta-9-THC exposure. So if you want to make the types of logical leaps that you are making on the data available, you also need to be willing to accept that by your logic, there is a much more likely chance that consuming the devil's lettuce has already turned you into a sissy man-girl. :shrug:

I'm no proponent of a vegan or even vegetarian lifestyle. But this info is freely available and peer-reviewed, and your conclusions are not based on solid evidence. You are comparing apples to oranges, and its obvious that Jeffrey Epstein killed that vegan lady on Everest, before he died a horrible death not killing himself.

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male

#840885 - 12/26/19 06:26 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

What pisses me off is that they sell this trash and then regulate the poor man from selling goat cheese to his neighbor.

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#840887 - 12/26/19 06:42 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

XUL said:
I think her husband actually murdered her.

It seems fishy.

Her husband did not murder her. He wanted to. God did he want to. He spent countless nights laying in bed thinking, plotting, fantasizing about her death. There's even history of Reddit threads he frequented covering said fantasies.

Thing is, he didn't have the killer instinct deep within. He was a kind man. The police saw this. The judge saw this. The jury saw this.

There is a reason he wasn't ever charged.

Fact is, her vegan ass wasn't healthy enough to withstand such extreme temps.

Next time, feed a bitch a hot dog and a steak.

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male

Re: Burger King's new vegan burger -- a testosterone killer [Re: poor boy]
    #840888 - 12/26/19 07:18 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Steak and eggs. Mmmmm

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#840890 - 12/26/19 07:49 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

XUL said:
What pisses me off is that they sell this trash and then regulate the poor man from selling goat cheese to his neighbor.

The key thing there is the word sell. The US has elected to oversee the food supply, because that oversight in general reduces the rate of people being exposed to compounds or food quality that the society agrees are harmful and should not be ingested. The society as a whole has decided that a monetary exchange for food should come with quality traceability and accountability to the produce and distributor who produces the food, and that this task should not fall on the shoulders of the consumer. This is pretty much the case in varying degrees in any developed country. The majority of people do not want to bother trying to figure out if their food is contaminated with heavy metals, pesticides, or some god-awful pathogen.

There are some problems with the system, including the apparent inability to tell the difference between small exchanges between neighbors and large scale food production for the masses. I'm sure there are also some good kickbacks to certain industries and higher-ups for this system. Its definitely not perfect, but for the most part it works. :shrug:

Still sucks that you can't sell goat cheese to your neighbor. Would bartering work? You could always use money to buy the goods that the person with goat cheese needs and exhange that way.

Or just buy impossible whoppers with bitcoin. :highfive:

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male

#840892 - 12/26/19 07:55 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

There are loop holes for meat and raw milk -- but I haven't seen any for cheese.

With milk, you can sell it raw, but not for human consumption. It's sold for animal consumption, but most people add in the advertisement that their families drink it.

A lot of people drink raw milk around here, but we aren't allowed to sell it legally, which is bullshit. This is not freedom. And we can't opt out.

With meat, you have to sell the entire animal to the person, deliver it to the butcher yourself, and have it butchered under that person's name. This instead of butchering it yourself.

Again, this is not freedom. And we cannot opt out, which is crap.

The dumbest part about it is that our ancestors came to this country, sold each other their food, made a lot of money, gained power, then regulated the rest of us so we can't do the same thing.

Total bullshit.

OPT OUT

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#840893 - 12/26/19 08:33 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

XUL said:
There are loop holes for meat and raw milk -- but I haven't seen any for cheese.

With milk, you can sell it raw, but not for human consumption. It's sold for animal consumption, but most people add in the advertisement that their families drink it.

A lot of people drink raw milk around here, but we aren't allowed to sell it legally, which is bullshit. This is not freedom. And we can't opt out.

With meat, you have to sell the entire animal to the person, deliver it to the butcher yourself, and have it butchered under that person's name. This instead of butchering it yourself.

Again, this is not freedom. And we cannot opt out, which is crap.

The dumbest part about it is that our ancestors came to this country, sold each other their food, made a lot of money, gained power, then regulated the rest of us so we can't do the same thing.

Total bullshit.

OPT OUT

Your logic is again not compatible with a society in modern times.

YOU are free to do whatever you want to do with YOUR food products produced by YOU.

But not everyone has the land, time, or other resources to produce everything they need. The difference in soil fertility, climate, and population density across the country require that we have mass production of food and/or mass transport of food products across large distances. This is possible due to recent technological advances, and actually improves the lives of the majority of americans through the increase food availability and variety, but also introduces a gaping vector for small deviations in food quality or pathogens to affect vast populations very quickly. Those people that don't have the resources to produce their own food certainly don't have the resources to properly test and vet every single food source they recruit to live at the American standard of life.

This is why injection of food products into the economy is tightly controlled. It minimizes the risk associated with the logistics required to sustain the high quality of life for several hundred million people spread across millions of square miles. The majority of citizens want this, and pay for the oversight and accountability structure that goes on behind the scenes.

Offloading this responsibility (like offloading the production of food to a portion of the population in the past), allows more people to focus on other aspects of society, and has historically led to faster technological and societal progression.

The same regulatory logic applies to other potentially dangerous resource supplies, like explosives. My father was able to stock the family general store with small sticks of TNT for general purpose use (like blowing up stumps or breaking apart large boulders on property). Anyone could go in and buy as much TNT as the store stocked. These days TNT is tightly regulated, and certain fertilizer purchases will get you flagged as a potential explosives manufacturer. Through your logic, you may view this as the man trying to limit our freedom to clear stumps from our land, in reality, its because there is a history of abuse that directly leads to societal harm. Additionally, you are still free to remove your stumps using other methods. Just like you are allowed to make and eat literal shit if you want, as long as you aren't selling that shit to other people as a safe food product. :elmo:

I'm not saying that you're wrong in feeling miffed about how the regulation of food in a developed country is impeding your efforts. It happens to people all the time, and a legal system is never going to be 100% fair to 100% of its population. Your claim that we are not free unless we are able to opt out of anything we don't agree with is why we are having a resurgence of measles at a time when we should have hoverboards and time-traveling deloreans, why we have people actively opposed to the development of alternative energy sources, or the concept that the most gravitationally-stable shape for a planet is a spheroid. Your idea of freedom is not compatible with a society that requires cooperation, and the human population cannot maintain a modern quality of life for any population without tight cooperation. The mere logistics require it.

Welcome to America, dawg. Sorry that one of the main logistical systems that makes american life awesome is causing you a very specific inconvenience :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male

#840894 - 12/26/19 08:37 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Freedom should be having the option to opt out.

Like a consent form.

"I understand that I am drinking raw milk."

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male

#840895 - 12/26/19 08:38 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

XUL said:
Freedom should be having the option to opt out.

Like a consent form.

"I understand that I am drinking raw milk."

My body, my choice!

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#840896 - 12/26/19 08:50 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

:doublefacepalm:

So you recognize the validity of the system in place, but want another system to track who opts in and who opts out.

You do realize that the most susceptible populations for food-related illnesses are children and the elderly, right? Do the children have any choice over what you, the adult, is choosing to feed them?

Are you ok with people refusing to provide any education to their children in America? They would simply be opting out of the educational requirement, effectively signing a form stating that "I understand that my child has no choice but to pay for my shitty decisions".

Are you ok with people refusing to vaccinate their children? Would you be ok with them going to public school and risking the health and safety of everyone else's children? Would you allow unvaccinated kids to play with your kids? How would you know if they are or aren't vaccinated, and would you want to take on the burden of vetting every single family or kid that your children come into contact with because anybody could just opt out of common vaccines?

You have to be careful with blanket statements in the name of freedom...not everyone lives in butt-fuck nowhere, and thus have to deal with the fallout from implementing blanket statements like yours.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds