Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

We did it, boys * 1
    #837551 - 05/08/19 08:42 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/08/us/denver-magic-mushrooms-approved-trnd/index.html

Quote:

Denver has approved a city ordinance to decriminalize hallucinogenic mushrooms, the city's elections division said.

The Initiated Ordinance 301, or the Denver Psilocybin Mushroom Initiative, was approved Tuesday by less than 2,000 votes, according to preliminary results from the elections division.
About 50.5% of voters supported the ordinance, while about 49.4% were against it, election officials said.

The results will not become official until May 16.

The ordinance's text seeks to "deprioritize, to the greatest extent possible" criminal penalties imposed by the City of Denver "for the personal use and personal possession of psilocybin mushrooms."

The city is set to establish a "policy review panel to assess and report on the effects of the ordinance" per the initiative's requirements.

A range of mushroom species naturally contain the compound psilocybin, which has hallucinogenic properties. The US Department of Justice lists psilocybin as a Schedule I controlled substance, meaning official federal policy states the fungi have no medicinal properties.

Although it doesn't legalize the mushrooms, the ordinance would "prohibit the city from spending resources to impose criminal penalties" on those who have them.

The drugs have long been popular for recreational use. But a growing body of medical research shows that psilocybin can treat conditions like anxiety and depression, in cases where drugs currently on the market cannot.

For instance, a 2017 study published in the journal Nature showed that 47% of patients experiencing treatment-resistant depression showed positive responses at five weeks after receiving a psilocybin treatments.

And in 2018, researchers from Johns Hopkins University called for removing psilocybin from the list of Schedule I substances.

Denver has led the nation in changing drug policy
Kevin Matthews, the campaign director of Decriminalize Denver, organized the grassroots effort to d
ecriminalize psilocybin mushrooms.
Matthews told CNN that he credited mushrooms with "really saving my life."

He had been a cadet at the United States Military Academy when he developed major depression and received a medical discharge.
"My life had crumbled beneath my feet," he said.

After years of suffering and not finding a solution, Matthews said friends introduced him to psilocybin mushrooms.

"The positive effects lasted weeks and weeks and weeks," he said. "I had been feeling pretty isolated and alone and until then, couldn't see the love all around me."
On its website, Decriminalize Denver says, "Humans have used these mushrooms for thousands of years for healing, rites of passage, spiritual insight, strengthening community, and raising consciousness,"

The group also argues that "One arrest is too many for something with such low and manageable risks for most people, relative to its potential benefits."

The initiative received endorsements from the Denver Green Party and the Libertarian Party of Colorado.

In January, Decriminalize Denver announced that it collected nearly 9,500 signatures, and turned in paperwork with the Denver Elections Division to get the initiative placed on the ballot.

At the time, Jeff Hunt, vice president of public policy for Colorado Christian University, told CNN affiliate KMGH that he opposed the decriminalizing of magic mushrooms in the city. He said the ordinance might discourage tourists from coming to the city.
"Denver is quickly becoming the illicit drug capital of the world," Hunt said. "The truth is we have no idea what the long-term health effects of these drugs are going to do to the people of Colorado."

The ballot initiative will build on previous efforts regarding drug ordinances. In 2005, the city became the first major city in the United States to legalize the possession of small amounts of marijuana, according to the Marijuana Policy Project.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

Edited by King Koopa (05/09/19 08:06 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLorax anthrax
Stranger with a wang-gerrr

Re: We did it, boys [Re: King Koopa]
    #837555 - 05/09/19 12:44 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

No fucking way, thats just great:thumbup:

:ganja:

--------------------
I am the Lorax, i speak for the trees for they have no voice of their own...

Roundup gives you cancer!

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: We did it, boys [Re: Lorax anthrax]
    #837556 - 05/09/19 01:52 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:dancingshroom:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: We did it, boys [Re: Data]
    #837557 - 05/09/19 05:46 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I had this conversation with my wife...

Now, everyone here, for the most part, knows I'm a mushroom fan. I've grown them dozens of times over the years and have many trips under my belt.

With that being said.. I do not agree with this mushroom movement. I do not agree that mushrooms should be tossed into the light.

People will eat, grow, and hunt mushrooms for many moons to come and nothing will stop that.

But

If you shine the light on this magical little fungus, many people who would have never even played with the idea of taking mushrooms will now dive right in with no care in the world.

Not everyone will, but o am not talking about the smart, well thought individuals. I am talking about the the :braindamage: general pop.

I think this whole thing is a bad idea. Leave the trips to the professionals.

My wife's argument was the idea works in Europe. Well, sweet cheeks. This is not Europe. Shit, this isnt even Canada. America is in it's own league and theres only 1 guy playing.

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: We did it, boys [Re: poor boy] * 1
    #837559 - 05/09/19 08:50 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

poor boy said:
I had this conversation with my wife...

Now, everyone here, for the most part, knows I'm a mushroom fan. I've grown them dozens of times over the years and have many trips under my belt.

With that being said.. I do not agree with this mushroom movement. I do not agree that mushrooms should be tossed into the light.

People will eat, grow, and hunt mushrooms for many moons to come and nothing will stop that.

But

If you shine the light on this magical little fungus, many people who would have never even played with the idea of taking mushrooms will now dive right in with no care in the world.

Not everyone will, but o am not talking about the smart, well thought individuals. I am talking about the the :braindamage: general pop.

I think this whole thing is a bad idea. Leave the trips to the professionals.

My wife's argument was the idea works in Europe. Well, sweet cheeks. This is not Europe. Shit, this isnt even Canada. America is in it's own league and theres only 1 guy playing.

Smoking a joint laughing my ass off.

I love it when people admit to being egotistical, absolutely sure that only they can handle life and drugs and everyone else is fucked. Guess its Republican thing eh.

Funny thing about freedom its the one of those things you have to give in order to get.

Shroom on friends and fiends. :dancer:

OfflineOceanshore
Stranger

Re: We did it, boys [Re: Rider420]
    #837561 - 05/09/19 12:04 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

shrooms make u hallucinate

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#837562 - 05/09/19 12:17 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Riiiight...  clearly you dont read thourely. Go ahead and get upset because someone talked bad about your drugs.

Jabronie.

--------------------
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

OfflineLorax anthrax

#837564 - 05/09/19 12:55 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Basic decriminalization is a desperate need, no body should go to jail over fucking mushrooms.

Light does need to be shown on theyre benifits to the mind an body.

--------------------

Edited by Lorax anthrax (05/09/19 12:58 PM)

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#837569 - 05/09/19 02:05 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I had a friend in my early 20s that sold mushrooms to anyone and everyone. One summer his friends little brother wanted to buy a bunch for some party in the woods. He sold him a 1/2lb and said have fun.

Well, long story short. That whole party went south real fast. A group went to the hospital, 2 got lost and was found days later with all sorts of cuts and bruises. One kid was actually admitted because he was already suffering from mental issues.

My point is... allowing our wonderful public masses to easily obtain mushrooms at any time is a bad idea. It's fine where it's at.

Decriminalization is fine but that's just one step closer. Do I think someone should go to prison for 30 years for growing/ selling? No. I do think it should stop at decriminalization though.

Fucking hippies and their God damn nerdy propaganda.

--------------------

OfflineLorax anthrax

Re: We did it, boys [Re: poor boy]
    #837574 - 05/09/19 04:28 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Thats why we need trip cards, you take a few classes were you trip the right way, learn what not to do ect.

Thatll be for the general public but it shouldnt be hard to get for those seeking them.

Spores are easy enough to buy an easy enough to grow but there should be no penalty for having one of God's critters growing in a tub an practicing free will.

There needs to be a culture of responsible use here, one of the reasons the native Americans were crippled by alcohol is cause they had no drinking culture.
Social pressure is a good tool.

--------------------

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#837575 - 05/09/19 05:32 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

poor boy said:
I had a friend in my early 20s that sold mushrooms to anyone and everyone. One summer his friends little brother wanted to buy a bunch for some party in the woods. He sold him a 1/2lb and said have fun.

Well, long story short. That whole party went south real fast. A group went to the hospital, 2 got lost and was found days later with all sorts of cuts and bruises. One kid was actually admitted because he was already suffering from mental issues.

My point is... allowing our wonderful public masses to easily obtain mushrooms at any time is a bad idea. It's fine where it's at.

Decriminalization is fine but that's just one step closer. Do I think someone should go to prison for 30 years for growing/ selling? No. I do think it should stop at decriminalization though.

Fucking hippies and their God damn nerdy propaganda.

Were you the one who got a scratch? Ah you poor boy you. :laugh2:

Smoking a joint laughing my fucking ass off. What a shock you had a bad trip and therefor hate shrooms.

Another person who would deny others their freedom because of his fears.

I wonder why it is that Narcs don't want to see drugs legalized that are far less harmful then the legal ones.

No one has ever died from an overdose of shrooms or cannabis yet some people fear these illicit drugs more then legal ones.

Quote:

On average, 6 people died every day from alcohol poisoning in the US from 2010 to 2012. Alcohol poisoning is caused by drinking large quantities of alcohol in a short period of time. ... Alcohol poisoning deaths affect people of all ages but are most common among middle-aged adults and men.Jan 6, 2015

I know you firmly believe only you can handle reality and are quite sure that anyone who is different then you is inferior. Go ahead and have another drink buddy and stay away from that evil cannabis shroom and other hippy drugs. :jointcross:

Edited by Rider420 (05/09/19 05:40 PM)

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #837576 - 05/09/19 07:54 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:thefuckisthis:

An opinion of moderation for substances that should be used in moderation is not equivalent to "I hate shrooms and they should be banned". He even said he loves shrooms...the exact opposite of the narrative you've made up.

PB is one of us bruh, take a few more tokes and chill mane...:pipesmoke:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineTexas Honey Badger
No Fucks Given
I'm a teapot

Loc: Spicemaster, Texas Flag
Re: We did it, boys [Re: Data]
    #837579 - 05/09/19 07:57 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

No fucking shit, these new arrivals need to chill the fuck out:derdance:

--------------------

I eat Cobras and Hair Pie

OfflineLorax anthrax

Re: We did it, boys [Re: Texas Honey Badger]
    #837581 - 05/09/19 08:23 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

O'oom boo ba ba o'oom boo ba ba:ganja:

--------------------

OfflineOceanshore
Stranger

#837583 - 05/09/19 11:07 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

harmless drugs are becoming more legit it seems :eek:

OfflineLorax anthrax

Re: We did it, boys [Re: Oceanshore]
    #837584 - 05/09/19 11:37 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Only if used responibly

--------------------

OfflineTexas Honey Badger
No Fucks Given
I'm a teapot

Loc: Spicemaster, Texas Flag
Re: We did it, boys [Re: Lorax anthrax] * 2
    #837585 - 05/10/19 05:12 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Lorax anthrax said:
responibly

:judyfacepalm:

--------------------

I eat Cobras and Hair Pie

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#837587 - 05/10/19 09:16 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

If ya'll don't quit being assholes, they are going to the boomers away; like they did with the whores. Chill

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineLorax anthrax

#837589 - 05/10/19 04:41 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Shrooms? Yea .. u gotta know how to do em an trip.

If you try to get to fucked up or over do it by alot you'll be puking your ass off feeling like shit or someone tripping out.

Its not like drinking if you over do it, that shit sucks my man.

Weed, you can get stoned off your ass an be fine. (If your not allegic)

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#837590 - 05/10/19 06:57 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Im guessing you never witnessed anyone having a bad trip from the buds. Fucky stuff. I dont trust those people

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale