Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCerdic
Male

Loc: Germany Flag
Questions about my Grow Tent / Need Help / Big Article
    #837035 - 04/10/19 08:11 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

So thanks for clicking this Post, i hope that you are the one that knows whats wrong. So first lets start with the "Problem Sheet" to get an overview. INFO : REAL BIG PICTURES BECAUSE IM DUMB!
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? SEED

2. How old are your plants? Not Planted yet

3. How tall are your plants? Not Planted yet

4. What size containers are they planted in? Not Planted yet

5.What is your soil mix? SOIL & MYCORRHIZA or UN-BUFFED COCO COIR & MYCORRHIZA
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering? WILL BE USING DISTILLED WATER bc. OF MUCH LIME IN WATER

7. What is the pH of your water? Usually around 5,8 and 6,2

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? AVAILABLE OPTIONS ARE : SENSI CAL & MAG (4-0-0) / HESI Phosphorus Plus (0-7-5) /HESI Flower Complex (3-3-4) / Hesi TNT Complex (3-2-3) / HESI Flower Boost (Nothing on Bottle) / Anti Lime for water (Basically "softens" the water)(Citric Acid) / Universal Fluid "dung" (7-3-6) /

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? NO

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") 2x 45Watts LED Red+Blue Spectrum 4800 Lumen and 1x 100Watts LED Full Spectrum 10000Lumen

11. How close are your lights to the plants? How close should they be (no info from supplier)

12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 7,750016 (60cm x 120cm)

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? By Default 22-30 C° 38% RH / When with Fan and Wet towel 24-30C° 50-70%RH

14. What is the pH of the soil? Dont Know

15. What is the pH of your run off? With Soil it was around 5,9

16. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? NO

ADDITIONAL THINGS I HAVE : 1 Fan with 3 Setting, PH Thingy, Hygrometer/Thermometer, Active Coal Filters on Big Air holes for Smell, Camping Table with adjustable height, Wet Towel, Some Pots out of Felt with idk 5-10 Gallons

So That we have that done lets get to my Questions and Pictures

1. What am i missing in my Grow Tent ?
2. What should i definitely look for when starting to grow my new seeds in a few days ?
3. Do i have enough light for 2-3 Auto flowering Stress Killer Automatic CBD from Royal Queen Seeds ?
4. What is unnecessary or even bad that I've considered using / doing
5. Do i directly put the seeds into the largest Pot or do i transplant them step by step ??? (Except germination kit to full size pot)

Okay, these where some questions that I've got. I bought a starter Soil kit with Bacto in it, 5 Stress Killer Automatic CBD, 1 Royal Dwarf, 3 Surprise Seeds (Free)
How many of them should i try to germinate in my "Kit" ? How many plants can i fit in to my tent, i wanted to do 2 or 3.

????????  HOW DO I BUFF MY COCO COIR CORRECTLY ????

Thanks for reading all my Stuff, I really hope to get some advice here. Thx

Now here come the additional Pics to all I've said now.

--------------------
:heart:Hello my dear Friends!:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
Re: Questions about my Grow Tent / Need Help / Big Article [Re: Cerdic]
    #837048 - 04/11/19 12:38 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Cedric, hello! 

I would go with the soil and mycorrhiza over the coir for no other reason than personal preference.  Sometimes coir can be cheaper though.

Instead of having to keep buying distilled water; municipal water can be used safely if you aerate and, or oxygenate it with air stones and, or a water pump inside of a plastic tote for 24 hours before applying to plants.  Most of the dissolved solids and heavy metals that can come in municipal water will be mostly evaporated out of the water with in that 24 hour period, as well.  What is the LIME for?

You are going to need better balanced nutrients than those.  Find fertilizers that are mostly equal in NPK with a slight emphasis on nitrogen, or phosphorus depending on which stage of growth you are in:

The lights should be as close to the canopy of the plants without fluctuating the temperature at the canopy to dangerous levels.  Too high of a temperature at the plants canopy will cause heat stress.  The temperature range I like to utilize at the plants' canopy is 72-78F. 

50-70% RH is fine for veg.  For flowering, though, you are going to want to bring that RH down to at least 40%.  I would forget the wet towel altoghether.  A wet towel in an enclosed, warm area is a potential breeding ground for unwanted molds and bacteria.  The 38% RH you are achieving with the running of the oscillating fan is good.

Tent looks good.  Germination of seed is something you are definitely going to want to see before proceeding to the next step.  Yea, you have enough light, however, as always; the more light - the merrier.

It would be fine to transplant them for each stage of growth.  The less you transplant, though, the less stress the plants experience, so it is my preference to figure what size plants I want to end up with before planting, and begin them in the container they will live in for the duration of their lives. 

Humic acids and clay minerals have good buffering qualities.  If you'd like for PH and nutrient burn to be a non-issue go the 'living soil' route.  Hope this helps.  Good luck!

OfflineCerdic
Male

Re: Questions about my Grow Tent / Need Help / Big Article [Re: hamloaf]
    #837049 - 04/11/19 02:22 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Hey there, thanks for answering. Ive been doing some research after my post to find out that coco coir is probably not overwaterable, and im really prone to overwatering my plants. Wouldnt i be able to balance my nutrients ? google translate spat out the word "lime" (im german) so i mean calcareous water, my bad ^^
And with living soil you mean these Bacto packs ? If i use them, am i able to use nutrients too or is that a no no ?

--------------------

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

#837055 - 04/11/19 07:47 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Cedric, hello again, my friend!  Indeed on the coir.  If that is what you believe, and makes you feel comfortable; I say go for it.  I would consider cutting the coir up a little bit with about 30% perlite, or something of the sort to heighten aeration of the soil.  Especially; if high humidity is causing your growing medium to stay too wet for too long.  Cannabis roots do like to soak and dry, and your nutrients will definitely be balanceable in coir as in pretty much every other growing medium.  Even "hydroponics". 

As far as living soil; no, it's not a "nono" to feed living soil nutrients.  However, the nutrient requirements change when dealing with living soil as opposed to a soil, or soilless mix.  With 'living soil' you are no longer directly feeding the plants, rather, you are feeding the vast majorities of mycelial networks that run through the soil, and the aforementioned mycelial networks in turn feed the plants; no PH'ing needed.

OfflineCerdic
Male

#837057 - 04/11/19 07:59 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Than you very much for your answer again, ive started my 5 CBD Autos and 4 Autos in their germination kit (some kinda soil and a bacto mix). I will be then (if they germinate and start growing) plant them into my big fleece Pots with some coco coir and 30 of clay granules (dont have perlite available atm). Since i dont have more bacto i will be using nutes then :smile: Current Temperature is 75,2°F and an RH of 60%

OfflineIcetech
Stranger
Male

Loc: Detroit
    #837058 - 04/11/19 08:04 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

You shouldn't need to add anything to coir for aeration.. I believe even saturated coir has 30% oxygenation.. which means it's literally impossible to overwater..

P.S. i don't know where you live, but here in detroit i use tap water without issue.. i keep a 5 gallon bucket that i top up and let sit for a day or 2.. no air stones or anything.. zero issues..

OfflineCerdic
Male

Re: Questions about my Grow Tent / Need Help / Big Article [Re: Icetech]
    #837059 - 04/11/19 08:13 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

HEy Icetech, i live in hesse germany. The water is drinkable but theres so much calc in it, it literally comes out of the drain with a really white tint. And youre right with the 30% Oxygen

--------------------

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

#837060 - 04/11/19 08:17 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Icetech, Forgive me; the addition of aeration to the municipal water source is not to avoid any issues.  The addition of aeration to the water source is to oxygenate the water.  Plants roots like oxygen.

As far as whether, or not perlite "should" be needed to add aeration to the coir is going to be grower's personal preference as opposed to a kind of hard and fast rule.

OfflineIcetech
Stranger
Male

#837065 - 04/11/19 08:43 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cerdic said:
HEy Icetech, i live in hesse germany. The water is drinkable but theres so much calc in it, it literally comes out of the drain with a really white tint. And youre right with the 30% Oxygen

Ah that sucks.. I never realized how lucky we are to have decent tap water where i am, even in the rest of the country most places have bad water it seems :frown:

OfflineIcetech
Stranger
Male

#837066 - 04/11/19 08:44 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
Icetech, Forgive me; the addition of aeration to the municipal water source is not to avoid any issues.  The addition of aeration to the water source is to oxygenate the water.  Plants roots like oxygen.

As far as whether, or not perlite "should" be needed to add aeration to the coir is going to be grower's personal preference as opposed to a kind of hard and fast rule.

I know ham, i was just pointing out that adding perl to the coir seems pointless when coir itself will still be 30% oxygenated even if fully soaked. But of course adding o2 to the water beforehand doesn't hurt at all :smile: more air the better of course..

I am starting 2 coir plants this week.. cna't wait to see how fast i kill them off :smile:

OfflineCerdic
Male

#837067 - 04/11/19 08:47 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

"I am starting 2 coir plants this week.. cna't wait to see how fast i kill them off :smile:"
Thats a fucking mood and im not here for it :grin:

--------------------

OfflineIcetech
Stranger
Male

#837068 - 04/11/19 08:55 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cerdic said:
"I am starting 2 coir plants this week.. cna't wait to see how fast i kill them off :smile:"
Thats a fucking mood and im not here for it :grin:

hahah i was joking.. believe me, i'm going to do my best to make them the healthiest plants ever :smile: I am always just preparing for the worst.

OfflineCerdic
Male

#837071 - 04/11/19 09:31 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

i was sure about that :wink:  So, i just read that the seeds will likely "only" germinate when in complete darkness. Is that right ?

--------------------

OfflineIcetech
Stranger
Male

#837075 - 04/11/19 10:08 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cerdic said:
i was sure about that :wink:  So, i just read that the seeds will likely "only" germinate when in complete darkness. Is that right ?

I don't think so, i can't see where seeds would care about light.. i have seen them germ on car carpet back in high school...

I just use a moist paper towel in a zip lock (keeps them moist) and set it on top of my computer which stays warmish.. took less than 2 days and i move them to soil.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds