Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

grow tent wiht co2 generator and carbon filter and heat question
    #651896 - 12/18/12 09:16 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

ok I tried googleing this and have not found much at all.  I been reading that by using co2 it will help increase the growth of the plants by supplying the needed c02 that is not avaible in the air that we breath. now I know that I need to keep the co2 around 1300-1500 ppm range.  now my question is I know we have to vent the tents to help keep heat under control but if im using a carbon filter to filter out the smell out of the grow tent how can I use a co2 tank or generator to keep stable levels if the carbon filter is running all the time to keep fresh air and heat down?

Would I have to set it up so that the carbon filter runs for so many mins once every 2-3 hour or something to get the extra heat(and i would use a air cooled light) out with a timer then have a sensor and a timer for co2 turn on after the air has been filtered to bring the co2 levels back up?  Would this work? would it keep the heat under control?  or would I have to do it another way?

i tried youtube and found a lot of videos on the subject but they were all deleted..

Edited by Mrshroom (12/18/12 09:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: grow tent wiht co2 generator and carbon filter and heat question [Re: Mrshroom]
    #651902 - 12/18/12 09:35 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

There are a few ways to go about doing this.  You could just make sure that you have enough air flow moving through your tent that you don't need to worry about supplementing co2.  That would be 3-4 times the amount of cubic feet of air in your tent.  This would be my recommendation.

You can just run the carbon filter inside your tent, recirculating the air itself.  And have a separate fan that is cooling the hood that is separate from your tent environment.  And then have an exhaust fan as well.  Would not recommend this for someone just getting started.

You may want to read through this article on how to use google.  It really helped me learn how to use it more efficiently and get better results.

http://mashable.com/2011/11/24/google-search-infographic/

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: grow tent wiht co2 generator and carbon filter and heat question [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #651917 - 12/18/12 10:39 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
There are a few ways to go about doing this.  You could just make sure that you have enough air flow moving through your tent that you don't need to worry about supplementing co2.  That would be 3-4 times the amount of cubic feet of air in your tent.  This would be my recommendation.

You can just run the carbon filter inside your tent, recirculating the air itself.  And have a separate fan that is cooling the hood that is separate from your tent environment.  And then have an exhaust fan as well.  Would not recommend this for someone just getting started.

You may want to read through this article on how to use google.  It really helped me learn how to use it more efficiently and get better results.

http://mashable.com/2011/11/24/google-search-infographic/

so if i used a 4x8x8 grow tent for flowering for 8 plants. that has 256 cubic feet of air.. so i would need a min of 750 cubic feet to 1000cubic feet for a carbon filter and fan to move a enoff air.

now if i go this root how would that come pair to if i used a co2 tank to keep the co2 levels around 1300ppm. now if it wont be a huge diff then yah i would rather go the simple way but if there is still a big diff in growth by going with the co2?

oh and thanks for that link to help out with better google search

Edited by Mrshroom (12/18/12 10:48 PM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: grow tent wiht co2 generator and carbon filter and heat question [Re: Mrshroom]
    #651924 - 12/18/12 11:11 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

When you start adding co2, it's not as simple as just injecting co2.  You have to get controllers that monitor your co2 levels, your temperature levels, humidity levels.  And wire all your shit into them.  It's expensive.  Moving enough air "compares" just fine with adding co2. 

Just get started man.  Stop making things overly complicated

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: grow tent wiht co2 generator and carbon filter and heat question [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #651926 - 12/18/12 11:18 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
When you start adding co2, it's not as simple as just injecting co2.  You have to get controllers that monitor your co2 levels, your temperature levels, humidity levels.  And wire all your shit into them.  It's expensive.  Moving enough air "compares" just fine with adding co2. 

Just get started man.  Stop making things overly complicated

lol sorry its just how i am. i over analyze everything to find the best way to do everything and to make sure i have everything  figured out.
But i will just go with the bigger fan and carbon filter to move the air.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #651932 - 12/18/12 11:42 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Get some dirt, a tent, light, fans, and nutrients and start growing first off dude.  You'll learn a lot along the way.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

#651936 - 12/18/12 11:56 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Get some dirt, a tent, light, fans, and nutrients and start growing first off dude.  You'll learn a lot along the way.

ok will do.. for the grow tent would a 4x4 be good enough for 8 vegging plants that would be in there for a max of 8-10 weeks.. and for a flowering tent would 5x5 be big enough  for a max of 8-10 weeks?

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #651939 - 12/19/12 12:38 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

4x8 is what I would go for in flowering.  I believe this is what I have told you before.

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds