Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineredheadeight
Stranger
 User Gallery
Nutrient burn and recovery - need advice *pics*
    #833740 - 07/18/18 09:07 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I had a couple plants get what I believe is nutrient burn. I was gone for 3 days and they drank more out of their dwc buckets than anticipated. There was most likely nutrient buildup at the bottom and only an inch or two of water remained once I returned. I had switched them to 12/12 a week earlier. They had been vegging for 7 weeks so they are quite large to say the least with a root system that takes up about half the bucket. Strain is Waikiki Queen. I already swapped out the water on them, let them chill for a day or so in plain (ph 5.5-6) water and then gave them the half strength GH nutrients they have been getting. They seem to be doing ok, not drooping or anything. Only the upper fan leaves got burned, most of the ones nearest to the flowers of course. I realize the burned leaves won’t recover, but I’m unsure on what to do next. Should I cut them all off? I don’t wanna stress it out. I’m assuming eventually all the affected leaves will just die fully and fall off. How will this effect the flowers that are just starting to develop? Will these leaves grow back despite being in the flowering stage? Do they need to grow back? I guess I’m not sure what to expect so I’m not sure how to prepare for it. I took some pics.

Please help! Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKenInVic
Tuk U 4:20/24/7/365
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd Rock from the Sun Flag
Re: Nutrient burn and recovery - need advice *pics* [Re: redheadeight]
    #833745 - 07/19/18 10:43 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldn't fuss much over the burnt leaves.  As you said, they will eventually brown out totally and fall off.  You could pluck the ones that are close to that condition just so they don't fall and clutter or get into places you don't want them.

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Nutrient burn and recovery - need advice *pics* [Re: KenInVic]
    #833746 - 07/19/18 11:29 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Unfortunately the roots are even more damaged then the leafs. Expect only new growth and it will be really slow. The plants will use any resources left in the leafs until they will fall off. However dead roots should be trimmed off before they start to rot.  :goodluck:

Offlineredheadeight
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Nutrient burn and recovery - need advice *pics* [Re: Rider420]
    #833747 - 07/19/18 12:58 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the replies guys!

When I changed the water, I physically lifted the plant out of the bucket. The roots looked to be in good shape, all still creamy white. But I didn’t really examine them too methodically.  I will take a better look at them to see if any removal is needed. The flowers are just beginning to develop and at this point seem unphased by the semi crusty leaves around them. Hopefully that continues and they mature normally.

OfflineTits on a bull
Stranger
    #833752 - 07/20/18 09:13 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Ph 5.5? Why? Why stray from 6.5? Below 6ph nothing good can happen.

OfflineTits on a bull
Stranger
    #833753 - 07/20/18 09:18 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

As a general rule never use GH at full ratio unless that is the only thing you use and even then I wouldn't. Enzymes Komplete will help to rinse some of that shit out too. Great cleaner!

Offlineredheadeight
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Nutrient burn and recovery - need advice *pics* [Re: Tits on a bull]
    #833757 - 07/20/18 04:03 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

The nutes always end up balancing/buffering everything out at about 6.0. I’m not really a slave to my ph meter. I have always just used half strength GH (trio) nutrients and been just fine.  I just don’t fully change my water enough cuz it’s a bitch to do with dwc, thinking of changing to ebb and flow, may be easier, but I digress.  Also they are so damn big they need water practically daily.

OfflineTits on a bull
Stranger
    #833760 - 07/21/18 04:57 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I would think GH makes a ph up and down for a reason. .....I would check and adjust ph each day. Plus drop the money for the ebb and flow if your growing that big, and checking ph and ppm will be a sinch! As well as being able to hook to a chiller~°•°~

InvisibleKenInVic
Tuk U 4:20/24/7/365
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd Rock from the Sun Flag
Re: Nutrient burn and recovery - need advice *pics* [Re: Tits on a bull]
    #833766 - 07/21/18 11:06 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Tits on a bull said:
Ph 5.5? Why? Why stray from 6.5? Below 6ph nothing good can happen.

Do you have sources for your conclusion?  I'm doing hydro in coco and always target 5.3 to 5.5 with no issues whatsoever.  From the nutrient uptake charts I have found online, it appears this is where I want to be for that particular medium and method.  Here's a sample of my work.

OfflineTits on a bull
Stranger
Re: Nutrient burn and recovery - need advice *pics* [Re: KenInVic]
    #833780 - 07/21/18 05:32 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Nice work. I shoot for 6.2-6.5. What works for some stuff won't for for other strains.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale