Home | Community | Message Board


World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Smoke Lounge

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds   Amazon HPS

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCitizen X

Registered: 11/03/17
Posts: 7
Loc: Hiding
Last seen: 6 days, 10 hours
Let’s talk auto’s
    #829554 - 11/13/17 01:12 PM (8 days, 21 hours ago)

Hey folks!

I just want to ask y’all about auto’s ruderalis - I hear the yields may be smaller but does anyone have any they’d like to add good or bad about auto strains?

I’m a noobie obviously so anything at all would be helpful.

Peace


--------------------
~Stay Classy


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Registered: 08/28/12
Posts: 8,236
Loc: █████
Re: Let’s talk auto’s [Re: Citizen X]
    #829555 - 11/13/17 03:29 PM (8 days, 18 hours ago)

Autos have come a looong way since the original Lowryder was released, almost 2 decades ago.

Autos flourish under the right circumstances. I grew these in DWC setup with two 150w HPS. This strain ws made by our mod Magash.



Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRider420
Stranger

Registered: 06/21/17
Posts: 68
Last seen: 1 day, 22 hours
Re: Let’s talk auto’s [Re: Citizen X]
    #829558 - 11/13/17 04:58 PM (8 days, 17 hours ago)

Quote:

Citizen X said:
Hey folks!

I just want to ask y’all about auto’s ruderalis - I hear the yields may be smaller but does anyone have any they’d like to add good or bad about auto strains?

I’m a noobie obviously so anything at all would be helpful.

Peace



Indoors Autos are less potent then their normal namesakes. You can't keep a clone of an auto strain.

Out doors Autos can yield way more and be more potent in northern climates where normal cannabis does not finish before the first frosts. And if you start them in your house very early you can have outdoor bud finished by early summer.

I prefer clones or normal plants for indoors, for out doors sativa auto's and normal indicas rule.

Good luck buddy.:blazed:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRider420
Stranger

Registered: 06/21/17
Posts: 68
Last seen: 1 day, 22 hours
Re: Let’s talk auto’s [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #829559 - 11/13/17 05:00 PM (8 days, 17 hours ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Autos have come a looong way since the original Lowryder was released, almost 2 decades ago.

Autos flourish under the right circumstances. I grew these in DWC setup with two 150w HPS. This strain ws made by our mod Magash.







Nice! :bigblunt:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Registered: 08/28/12
Posts: 8,236
Loc: █████
Re: Let’s talk auto’s [Re: Rider420]
    #829560 - 11/13/17 05:08 PM (8 days, 17 hours ago)

Thanks. PS you can 'clone' autos, but not in the traditional sense. You would have to use tissue culture to get viable clones.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRider420
Stranger

Registered: 06/21/17
Posts: 68
Last seen: 1 day, 22 hours
Re: Let’s talk auto’s [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #829563 - 11/13/17 07:06 PM (8 days, 15 hours ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Thanks. PS you can 'clone' autos, but not in the traditional sense. You would have to use tissue culture to get viable clones.




Yes you can clone an auto but what I said was you can't keep a auto clone. Even tissue culture clones are subject to aging so a clone over four months old from seed would flower before it got to a useable size.

Normal or photoperiodism plants stay in a veg state as long as they get 18 hours of light a day, meaning you can keep a mother plant and even re clone her for years. Auto plants clones will flower by age regardless of the amount of light they get.

In short, the presence of PFR due to long hours of light and short hours of darkness keep the plants in the vegetative phase. If the plant experiences enough hours of darkness, most of the PFR turns to PR  ; and the low level of PFR signals the plant hormones to begin flowering.

With ruderalis its the age of the clone or how many times cells have divided that triggers the flowering cycle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_ruderalis

Quote:

Unlike other species of cannabis, Cannabis ruderalis enters the flowering stage based on the maturity of the plant, rather than its light cycle.[5] With C. sativa and C. indica varities, it is possible to keep the plant in the vegetative state indefinitely by maintaining a long daylight cycle. C. ruderalis however, will enter the flowering stage regardless of daily light duration. Cannabis geneticists today refer to this feature as "auto-flowering". [6]
It has less THC in its resin compared to other Cannabis species.[4] However, it is often high in cannabidiol (CBD).[7]




Edited by Rider420 (11/13/17 07:13 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Registered: 06/09/17
Posts: 32
Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Last seen: 13 hours, 40 minutes
Re: Let’s talk auto’s [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #829564 - 11/13/17 07:12 PM (8 days, 15 hours ago)

TC looks very promising for artificial seeds, seems easy enough with a FH.  You can get auto cuttings to root if you do it right, though you have a very short window and the yield isn't that much greater, so it's generally not worth the effort. 

Autos are great for northern climates, I germinate the seeds indoors then move them to beds  once I see a taproot.  You really gotta let those roots run if you want a nice bush, the quicker varieties can be shock sensitive. 

You'll have to be on point with your IPM if you plan on both photoperiod and autos in the same garden, usually I can harvest my first batch before I even need to spray, but that depends on a lot of factors.

If you plan on doing autos long term or in quantity, get regular seeds so you can make your own.  A little pollen on the lower branches goes a long way.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCitizen X

Registered: 11/03/17
Posts: 7
Loc: Hiding
Last seen: 6 days, 10 hours
Re: Let’s talk auto’s [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #829568 - 11/13/17 11:46 PM (8 days, 10 hours ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Autos have come a looong way since the original Lowryder was released, almost 2 decades ago.

Autos flourish under the right circumstances. I grew these in DWC setup with two 150w HPS. This strain ws made by our mod Magash.






I know Magash from the other side. Blue Rhino and Cali snow are looking real good from Gorilla. The area of a small grow tent with a 450w led sounds like it’d work
scrog,1 plant 1 clone
Sounds like SWIM could get a decent yield?

But yeah that’s a righteous bud.. I don’t know how else to put it?
Quote:

Rider420 said:
Quote:

Citizen X said:
Hey folks!

I just want to ask y’all about auto’s ruderalis - I hear the yields may be smaller but does anyone have any they’d like to add good or bad about auto strains?

I’m a noobie obviously so anything at all would be helpful.

Peace



Indoors Autos are less potent then their normal namesakes. You can't keep a clone of an auto strain.

Out doors Autos can yield way more and be more potent in northern climates where normal cannabis does not finish before the first frosts. And if you start them in your house very early you can have outdoor bud finished by early summer.

I prefer clones or normal plants for indoors, for out doors sativa auto's and normal indicas rule.

Good luck buddy.:blazed:



Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Thanks. PS you can 'clone' autos, but not in the traditional sense. You would have to use tissue culture to get viable clones.




Can’t clone? This is the first time hearing that

@Rider, that makes perfect sense really


--------------------
~Stay Classy


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCitizen X

Registered: 11/03/17
Posts: 7
Loc: Hiding
Last seen: 6 days, 10 hours
Re: Let’s talk auto’s [Re: yoosername]
    #829569 - 11/13/17 11:53 PM (8 days, 10 hours ago)

Quote:

yoosername said:
TC looks very promising for artificial seeds, seems easy enough with a FH.  You can get auto cuttings to root if you do it right, though you have a very short window and the yield isn't that much greater, so it's generally not worth the effort. 

Autos are great for northern climates, I germinate the seeds indoors then move them to beds  once I see a taproot.  You really gotta let those roots run if you want a nice bush, the quicker varieties can be shock sensitive. 

You'll have to be on point with your IPM if you plan on both photoperiod and autos in the same garden, usually I can harvest my first batch before I even need to spray, but that depends on a lot of factors.

If you plan on doing autos long term or in quantity, get regular seeds so you can make your own.  A little pollen on the lower branches goes a long way.




Yuh after just that little bit of info a namesake would be better, or better yet the only way to keep clones going... interesting


--------------------
~Stay Classy


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds   Amazon HPS

Community >> The Smoke Lounge

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ruderalis Questions and a little griping chucklehead 1,545 5 11/23/11 06:33 PM
by FRACTALife
* Autoflowering sub forum? IMO +Speed/NL Auto Herbisaplant 1,363 8 04/14/13 08:04 AM
by Herbisaplant
* So I hear a lot of talk about Trainwreck....
( 1 2 all )
Johnny420 3,010 22 06/07/08 10:50 AM
by blueberry D
* Growery: Lets have an honest talk about Marijuana
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Weed 28,946 61 12/26/12 12:22 PM
by sloantbone
* 2015 Tokyo Auto Show poor boy 261 1 11/01/15 02:17 PM
by P-O
* Grand Theft Auto IV
( 1 2 all )
roby000
4,092 29 04/30/08 08:11 PM
by roby000
* Mmm Northern Lights. Slave of Cthulhu 1,559 8 04/24/08 02:05 PM
by slackophage
* Northern lights Eclipse 1,031 8 02/26/09 10:32 AM
by kayabear

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: FurrowedBrow, Harry_Ba11sach, Magash, Data, Stoneth, Dr. Siekadellyk
83 topic views. 2 members, 29 guests and 53 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2017 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.016 seconds spending 0.002 seconds on 16 queries.