Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineYoungBlood42
Friendly Alien
Yellow tipped leaves. FIRST TIME GROWER! PLZ HELP
    #829533 - 11/11/17 11:03 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I've just started growing for the first time. It's been 5 days since I planted the seeds. They are showing sings of yellowish tips. I looked into this and I concluded it may be 'Nute Burn'. I am using 'Yates Potting Mix with Dynamic lifter' and 'Perlite' for my soil. Is this a problem that I should fix or would it fix on its own over time? Any help is awesome. Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

Re: Yellow tipped leaves. FIRST TIME GROWER! PLZ HELP [Re: YoungBlood42]
    #829534 - 11/12/17 05:02 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think that's nute burn, the tips usually get crispy with nute burn. What are the temps/humidity? The soil looks really wet how fast are they drying out? As long as your Temps are in the 70's they will be fine without a heater growth will be slow the cooler it is.

OfflineYoungBlood42
Friendly Alien
Re: Yellow tipped leaves. FIRST TIME GROWER! PLZ HELP [Re: funky]
    #829535 - 11/12/17 05:39 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Temperature is around 78 whilst the humidity is around 45%. I just Watered it before I took the photo. But takes 3 days for the top soil to dry up before I re water. If you think it isn't nuts burn. What could it be? I checked back on my plants, the yellow is getting more

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

Re: Yellow tipped leaves. FIRST TIME GROWER! PLZ HELP [Re: YoungBlood42]
    #829536 - 11/12/17 06:25 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I'm leaning towards a deficiency of some sorts Temps seem fine humidity could be higher but it should be fine.  I'm not familiar with the brand of soil is it organic or fertilizer base?. How much run off per watering are you giving them? Seedlings that size don't really need nutrients, maybe next time try a seed starter mix or just mix up some coir with a little peat, and perlite . I use a coir perlite mix from seed to flower .

Edited by funky (11/12/17 06:27 AM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Yellow tipped leaves. FIRST TIME GROWER! PLZ HELP [Re: funky]
    #829538 - 11/12/17 12:41 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I've found the soil with tiny sticks like that tend to suck. Its probably a pH issue and might be best to find a higher quality soil when you transplant them. You also probably have a time-release fertilizer in that mix that you have to consider.

Potting soils are often made for house plants that are meant to be watered less frequently, thus the need for the extra perlite to allow for proper drainage and speed up times between watering. Its still not an ideal medium most the time.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineYoungBlood42
Friendly Alien
Re: Yellow tipped leaves. FIRST TIME GROWER! PLZ HELP [Re: phychotron]
    #829551 - 11/13/17 05:22 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks all! It's still yellow but I'll try all those methods you suggested. Hope i don't kill them lol

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag