Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: GrowLog: Mags Rainbow (moved) [Re: ashfiken]
    #828888 - 10/07/17 02:08 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ashfiken said:
I'm really interested in this discussion,, my sidewinder/rainbows/mags newest are just weeks from hitting flowering room... if like to know if we can figure the culprit here and hope it was not a selection issue when it comes to the seed we are using.. If those plants were stressed to point of hermie wouldn't the pineapple show some signs of stress? I'd think so even if it were white more stable/resilient... that leads me to think it is genetic... the doom looms
Cheers

The pineapple express is a fairly resilient clone. I've grown it next to questionable seeds that were stressed into hermaphroditing and its been fine. I'll keep an eye on it and might continue with its progress in its new home.

My biggest problem is that I broke the tent down and  chopped the plants so fast when I got home I didn't even have time to examine the situation. I had planned on actually paying attention when I walked into the house, but I found myself just turning on lights and opening the tent. And when I saw the plants tied back I started cutting before I took any photos. I should have checked to see if the tent was open at all but I was so tired I didn't even think about it.

The tent was in my living room and my apartment needed its yearly inspection. I broke the tent down so they wouldn't see it and I can't go back and test anything. It was very old and was just repaired. I checked for leaks but realize now that I added the feed loop right before I left and had to run it through a window. I didn't check again. I left my apartment in a hurry.

The time frame for a light leak fits if sac's develop and open in 10-14 days and I was gone for 12. Seems like they were triggered right as I left, when the plants were still within acceptable range of the light.

The shortest was about 18-24" away when it started to turn. Though its hard to say, as they grew fast enough to be touching the lights in 6 days (3-4" per day)

I also had a rat get in there and eat my bell peppers and all the leaves. I cut his food supply off before I left and set a trap but he took the bait without setting it off and got into my tent. It makes me wonder now if he was helping lollipop the plants while I was gone. The lowest stuff did look a bit oddly undeveloped. Saw it, forgot to get photos before I chopped the plants. He's gone now.

The buds smelled really dank and the thing has a lot of potential. Its wants to be a huge plant with spaced out colas. Its good for light penetration and airflow but hard to grow such a beast in a tent. She needs headroom or a good topping.  Vigorous growth like this is rare. These plants WANTED to grow. I still have the remaining seeds and may give them another shot in the future.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GrowLog: Mags Rainbow (moved) [Re: phychotron]
    #828891 - 10/07/17 04:23 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Hey I haven't heard of the problem but I'm sure as hell am not gonna say it couldn't have happen. When I let these batches go I asked if everybody wanted me to test then first or let them go right now cause the batch I was making at the time was just for here and everybody said now.

I believe that is where Phychotron gets this
Quote:

I believe he said he's never developed a strain so fast and that its relatively new.

I sold about 600 seeds here and non since early in the year but it has been for sale since January so if there is a problem with the seeds it should have shown itself months ago. (I got hit by a drunk driver and had surgeries on my arm and back why I've been gone from here so much lately)

Now I did have time to stress test the parent plants used and they did pass. Outdoor growers also seem to be having no problems. (The problem if there is one could be limited to a specific batch of these seeds which may be why others don't have the problem I do realize this but like I said there have been no other complaints and somebody has had to flower them by now) I'd think if it was genetics I would think a few others would have had the problem by now I did sell about 600 of them here.

Sorry grammar is even worse then usual gotta do the one handed typing thing till early next year.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: GrowLog: Mags Rainbow (moved) [Re: Magash]
    #828893 - 10/07/17 05:49 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

sorry to hear about the accident mag, I hope you get better soon.

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: GrowLog: Mags Rainbow (moved) [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #829004 - 10/13/17 10:33 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Ya thats brutle u got hit by fucken drunk driver...

On another note.. ya mag, not sure why he doesnt think there were severly stresssed from light and or heat lol thats fun part of being a seed producer. Always ur fault i bet :wink:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GrowLog: Mags Rainbow (moved) [Re: Theman]
    #829005 - 10/14/17 01:54 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Theman said:
Ya thats brutle u got hit by fucken drunk driver...

On another note.. ya mag, not sure why he doesnt think there were severly stresssed from light and or heat lol thats fun part of being a seed producer. Always ur fault i bet :wink:

Well I haven't had any other complaints yet but like I said I didn't pretest so who knows it could be my fault. All the seeds were sold the first 3 months of this year so I would have expected to hear something before this.

Chemical Addiction - Thanks for the comment

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

Re: GrowLog: Mags Rainbow (moved) [Re: Magash]
    #829006 - 10/14/17 07:03 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I'm throwing my 3 phenos of this into ffower now under the gavita de.. Will have it running by next week at the latest trying for a sog effect this time or atleast a scrog over my whole area.. Half these sidewinders half sitting bull which I just pulled off impressive buds from on my first ever outdoor harvest,done in living soil. All organic/slow inputs compost/worm casting tea molasses and the like:.
I'll throw some pics up once I get that DE plugged in and running with some greenery under..

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

Re: GrowLog: Mags Rainbow (moved) [Re: ashfiken]
    #829517 - 11/09/17 02:06 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

So I'll edit this with a pic tonight but I second everytihing psychotron mentioned about the growth/vigor of this plant and the way (2 phenos in particular) really like to spread out the branches/colas.. So I've been in flowering so far just mags sidewinder for 2 1/2 weeks or so an I am happy to say that they are healthy beautiful ladies with no tendency yet towards hermaphroditism so let's assume it was simply a stress situation on the part of the ladies in this thread.. These plants I'm keeping smallish as I'm trying to cram my space maybe throw a screen over the canopy of these gals in my new room.. Waiting on lights on for an eAsy pic..

Cheers
Edit for pics

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Edited by ashfiken (11/09/17 11:21 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies