Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: GrowLog: Mags Rainbow (moved) [Re: phychotron]
    #828602 - 09/16/17 01:56 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

There's a point where the plants just exploded in new growth. It was right after I watered them. They got much larger. Its strange how that works, they always need fresh nutrients even though the pots still have a lot of water. They need the fresh stuff to keep things in full production.

The last photo shows my thumb behind the main stalk. They're all pretty fat. One in the back left grew so much so fast that when I went to pinch it back to stop it it was already split open.

Very open structure to the plant so far. Should be nice not having to worry about PM too much.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

#828736 - 09/25/17 01:58 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Looks good man. Is that strain supposed to have colorful buds or something?

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: GrowLog: Mags Rainbow (moved) [Re: funky]
    #828742 - 09/25/17 03:24 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Like casey rainbow i think so has gdp so get some purple and maybe lavender blues??

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GrowLog: Mags Rainbow (moved) [Re: Theman]
    #828788 - 09/29/17 07:57 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Actually it's (GDP x Casey Jones) then that was crossed to a (Grape Romulan x Tahoe OG Kush) There will be no males.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

Re: GrowLog: Mags Rainbow (moved) [Re: Magash]
    #828792 - 09/30/17 04:25 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Now that sounds interesting!  I've alway thought the colorful strains looked cool. I'm growing my first purple strain now, it's nice to see something other than green in the tent.
Thanks for the info magash.
Good luck on the grow phychotron .

Edited by funky (09/30/17 04:27 AM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #828822 - 10/02/17 12:49 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Went away for 2 weeks, plants are all overgrown. Pics to follow. I shoulda topped them when I thought about it.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #828831 - 10/02/17 06:38 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Two are full blown hermaphrodite. One pod already blew all over my pineapple express and a few more are about to pop. I've never had a plant go full hermaphrodite on me. Usually its a stress-response naners within the buds, this one has actual pollen sacs.

I might just pull those two today and focus on the one and hope I don't see anything develop.

A little bit of damage on the main colas but they were tied over about week ago while I was gone.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #828832 - 10/02/17 07:43 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Found a nanner on the third. gonna pull em and focus on the pineapple express. I have some autoflowers that I'll run in order to get up and running again.

--------------------

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#828850 - 10/04/17 11:31 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Ooo snap shots fired... lol  more then likely it was severly stressed and imagine the omes that look super stressed are the ones that are more intersex.. ?? Oor just poor selection without finding true solid female to make fem seeds.

Why its named rainbow because spectrum of sexuality :wink:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #828863 - 10/06/17 12:04 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

No way it was severely stressed. Mildly from the intensity of the light but the overall temperature and humidity have been good. It would have only been close to the light for 3-5 days before it got tied down and out of the way.

How long does it take for sacs to develop and pop open?

--------------------

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

#828864 - 10/06/17 12:34 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I wouldn't think the light did it . I let plants get within a couple inches from my leds they will bleach and get burnt without going hermie. Maybe I'm just lucky. Probably just genetic tho

InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #828865 - 10/06/17 05:59 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I've never heard of too much light causing a hermie, light leaks on the other hand... Do you have your light run in the dayu with the dark period at night? I do just the opposite because my AC uses so much juice. I had a problem with hermies until I properly light proofed my room.

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GrowLog: Mags Rainbow (moved) [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #828866 - 10/06/17 07:30 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Lights are on in the daytime to avoid any light leaks in the dark period. The tent was pitch black inside.

--------------------

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#828871 - 10/06/17 01:13 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.growweedeasy.com/male-plants-bananas-hermies

Just cauwe obv dont believe people who know more here is quoted text
"Heat - When temps get too high hermies and nanner often appear.

Too-Bright Light - Like too much heat, light that is too bright can stress your plants and trigger hermies. This is most often caused by growers keeping their lights to close to their plants. You can light-burn your plants even when temperature is under control."

1 problem with the site people are trusted cultivators and have no idea how hermi happen lol  its like all the master growers these days.

Edited by Theman (10/06/17 01:27 PM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #828872 - 10/06/17 06:44 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Please stop with the condescending attitude.  Yes, I understand that it is a stress source, I do not believe it was so stressed from it that it was the main culprit. It very well could be but I'd like to think about it more before I draw any conclusions.

Right now we are 'discussing' not shit talking. Please edit your post to eliminate that ninny attitude and stop trolling me. If you cannot further the discussion please do not bother to respond.

Asking again...
How long does it take for sacs to develop and pop open?

--------------------

InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #828873 - 10/06/17 07:04 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

In my experience they can show up and pop open within a week, I've only ever dealt with hermies, don't know if all male flowers do that. Also my weren't banana shaped, they looked like normal male flowers but were mixed in with the female flowers

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#828874 - 10/06/17 07:12 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Remember its not only liggt but HEAT that burnt ur leaves to say tgat isnt a severe stress i think ur only fooling yourself. Its killing it lol. In veg sure will be ok but just as they are starting to flower to burn them ohysically

Oops in dif window this was an earlier post.

As for sacs form as fast as a new calyx/pistil and open 2 weeks to days as depends on its development. If fully formed male flower 1 day to a week to open and drop. And as far as stress induced hermi to be seen week week and a half is my best guess from stressor time to see male flower. If spray with silver it takes at least 10 days or so to see bananas but again varies on strain and growth enviro...  if see bananas out of bud usually couple days before they open up and polinate.

If magash hasnt heard of the problem as if just the strain everyone would have hermies like all of yours. If thats the case then was not stress induced. But because were heat and light burnt just as initiated flower that def is a culprit. Not sure how could be any question to that as well documented to cause male flowers as per starter grow guide i posted.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #828875 - 10/06/17 09:28 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

"If magash hasnt heard of the problem as if just the strain everyone would have hermies like all of yours."

I believe he said he's never developed a strain so fast and that its relatively new.

"Not sure how could be any question to that as well documented to cause male flowers as per starter grow guide i posted."

I'm questioning the exact variables that caused it. In gardening its rarely just one thing. Timing plays a role in all of this and they were tied back by amateurs as they approached the light. I'm investigating so that I can eliminate ALL possible stressors in the future. YES, LIGHT-HEAT STRESSED IT, but was it the ONLY thing? At what point were they 'too close'? Were they herming before they were tied back or after?

I've had plants grow into the light before but they didn't have that problem.  I've burned much more leaves without that problem. I've had plants closer for longer without that problem. Most plants don't get stressed from the light THAT easily.  The one with the most sacs and open was the shortest of them all when I left and the plant that was tallest and closest to the light was rather difficult to find signs of sacs.

Could it have been the crushing and snapping of the main stalks to keep them from stretching? It could have contributed!

I'm sorry if you don't see the value in questioning everything that could possibly have contributed to the problem.

From that same link.

"Hermaphrodite Plants

Although growers will refer to all plants with gender problems as “hermies,” there are technically two different kinds, hermaphrodite cannabis plants, and mixed gender buds like buds with nanners. The only reason I bother to differentiate between the two is because true hermaphrodite plants are more predictable.

With a "true" hermaphrodite plant, the male and female parts will grow on different parts of the plant. They won't grow together in the same spot such as when nanners appear in the middle of buds.

What causes it? Stress can trigger this type of hermaphroditism, but unlike bananas, this particular type of mixed gender plant seems to be a little bit more based on the plant’s genetics. A clone of a true hermaphrodite plant will often also turn into a hermaphrodite, and offspring will often show the same traits. It does not take much stress for these plants to hermie."

Will you please stop being a _ _ _ _ about it? I'm done conversing with you.

--------------------

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

#828881 - 10/07/17 10:09 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I'm really interested in this discussion,, my sidewinder/rainbows/mags newest are just weeks from hitting flowering room... if like to know if we can figure the culprit here and hope it was not a selection issue when it comes to the seed we are using.. If those plants were stressed to point of hermie wouldn't the pineapple show some signs of stress? I'd think so even if it were white more stable/resilient... that leads me to think it is genetic... the doom looms
Cheers

I've had plants grow into the light before but they didn't have that problem.  I've burned much more leaves without that problem. I've had plants closer for longer without that problem. Most plants don't get stressed from the light THAT easily.  The one with the most sacs and open was the shortest of them all when I left and the plant that was tallest and closest to the light was rather difficult to find signs of sacs. This quote of yours is what  leads me to that belief.. this isn't your first rodeo and ime it takes quite a length of stress to fuck with a plants sexual structure.  In other words I don't think these plants were in the stress hermie zone of dire straits

Edited by ashfiken (10/07/17 10:13 AM)

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: GrowLog: Mags Rainbow (moved) [Re: ashfiken]
    #828883 - 10/07/17 11:24 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Again there is a big difference between growing into light while in veg and another while they are just starting to flower.  Its like a light leak in veg vs a light leak in flower :smile: otherwise heat and to much light would not be a known cause of hermie. It burnt its the most extreme possible so to think anything else just seems silly to me.  Its like saying ive had light leaks before in veg but never had a hermie so therefore this time the light leak didnt do it. Its funny how ones ego hazes the truth.

Like i said in first post it could be genetics but i think magash woulda said something if he had heard of it.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom