Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
GrowLog: Mags Rainbow * 1
    #827578 - 07/22/17 07:14 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

[07/22/2017] Started six seeds in a wet paper towel between two plates.

The parameters include

Strain: Some crazy shit Magash sent me. Said "Rainbow Fems" on em.

Area: 2x8' area. Closet.

Lights: 1000w LED. Advanced LED DS400, DS400 light board (no lenses/case) and some DS100's off to the side.
Veg lights will probably be the same, but for now they're under a DIY LED with all white diodes (20w)

Nutrients:
Canna Coco A/B
Big Time Enzyme
Earth Juice Cal/Mag (not a fan of it, too much humic acid makes it muddy, finishing the bottle)
Canna P-K
MB Ferts Boost
Silica, Europonics. Not a fan of this either, too basic and doesn't mix well. Harder to use than regular silica. I like Pro-tekt but they were out.

and I need to find some sort of root accelerator. I have some samples of Elete root accelerator I'll probably try. The stuff seemed to really work well on the last plants I used it on.

I'll veg until I feel they are ready to go. I need to get them into flower soon, but I'll probably top them once to help spread out the canopy.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by phychotron (07/25/17 08:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GrowLog: Mags Rainbow [Re: phychotron] * 1
    #827602 - 07/23/17 07:54 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

5/6 popped with 1/4" roots. #6 looks like it started to but not quite popped. About 34 hours from when I got them wet--Fastest germination I've ever seen.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #827639 - 07/25/17 08:02 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Planted them all. The last seed started to crack and a tiny tap root was emerging. I planted it this morning. Its about a day and a half behind the others. I almost tossed it.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #827740 - 07/31/17 10:02 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Some issues with some of the seedlings. Two of them appear to be burned. Either nutrient or light burn. I turned down the intensity of the lights and flushed with plain water and followed up with a little root stimulator. I want to add a little base nutrient to the next feed. One decided to take a nap.

--------------------

InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #827746 - 07/31/17 05:59 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GrowLog: Mags Rainbow [Re: Chemical Addiction] * 1
    #827747 - 07/31/17 06:06 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Was wondering how long it took before someone came lurking... I was gonna move this to the grow log section once things picked up a bit more.

--------------------

InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #827748 - 07/31/17 06:42 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I was just looking under the active journals link, sometimes you find grows, and i'm loving mags seeds after just two grows so I had to click on yours. Good luck :bonghit2:

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GrowLog: Mags Rainbow [Re: Chemical Addiction] * 1
    #827751 - 07/31/17 09:55 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, I've never seen the 'active journals' link before. Maybe I'll leave it here for people to randomly stumble upon.

Update:

Added some Canna A/B to the feed today. about 400ppm, no measurements just eyeballed it right into the gallon from the 5 liter jug. Lazyness is a bitch, I hope it pays out.

I was going to wait a few days to feed but they're a bit too yellow-green for my liking. I never should have used that Burpee's 'organic' seed starting mix. I emailed the company months ago when I bought it and they said it had very little nutrients in it and just enough to get the seeds started. Next time its back to my formula of 50/50 coco and 'seed starting mix'.

Down to 5 and two are not looking that great. Hope they recover, otherwise I'll have to fill the void in the flower room some how.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #827788 - 08/04/17 08:48 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Things are progressing slowly. In a heat wave. The two damaged plants are recovering and moving forward. Other plants are showing an elongated set of first true leaves.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #827821 - 08/08/17 11:54 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

The two that were damaged early on decided to both keel over. Its pretty hot today, around 90F. Gonna prop them up and see how that helps. The oscillating fan I had on them stopped oscillating so I just have it off to the side a little. They're swaying a little but apparently not enough.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #827973 - 08/17/17 04:32 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Been a few days. Watered them a few times, first at 4ml/gal then 9ml/gal. full strength is 15ml/gal and I think I'm going to give it to them next time. They look ready.

Its amazing how they are small for 2 straight weeks and it seems like there's nothing really happening, then all of a sudden one day they're like 3 or 4 times the size. That was the other day. Now they're starting to look like real plants.

One runt. Its one that was damaged/burned early on. The other that was burned at the same time was the one that fell over first, but is since recovering and stands without the stick anymore. The other that needed a stick is now independent.

What helped was compacting the coco a bit around the base. The coco must have been a bit loose, especially from watering.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #828141 - 08/26/17 08:24 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

So I guess day 35? since popping them. Two are not doing so well. Three are doing great but some side stretching. Seems like they might like a good topping.

One runt and one lanky plant not gonna make the cut. I might throw them into the flower room in a space-available capacity.

Finally labeled them:
White #1
Yellow #2
Blue #3

White seems like the best structure, with less stretch from side branches. Its showing some early iron/zinc/sulfur deficiency and I started spraying with foliar chelated iron/zinc.

Been feeding full strength nutrients for the past 2 or 3 times. Pretty much every other day. Gonna transplant them today to 3.6g "5 gallon" Airpots.

The two on the right are obviously different. I fear the tall lanky one might turn out male.

I'm going to let the best three go for a few days and decide which one I'll keep as a mother. I'll trim some lower branches in early flower and see how they take. If they don't root then the plant is not worth my time. I have a bunch of seeds so I'll use it as a standard for comparing potential mothers.

WWMD?

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GrowLog: Mags Rainbow (moved) [Re: phychotron] * 1
    #828142 - 08/26/17 08:25 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

This thread was moved from the user's journal.

Reason:
Going public.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #828244 - 08/30/17 11:42 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Transplanted them the next day after reading canna's guidelines on reusing coco. I pre-wet the coco overnight because its dried since last time.

Got a pineapple express that was a mother plant that I decided to toss in with the three. Gonna probably throw them into flower in about a week.

Realized that the power on the light was down to minimum. So when I transplanted it I bumped it up to about 25% power.

honorary shout out to my bell peppers that just swelling up.

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #828295 - 09/02/17 09:09 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

:bigweed:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: GrowLog: Mags Rainbow (moved) [Re: Data] * 1
    #828334 - 09/04/17 12:20 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Growing well. I almost feel like I should have topped them due to height restraints but I don't really want to wait a few more days to let them recover by doing it now. Flipping into flower right now.

Gonna run the lights 11am to 11pm. Its hotter in the day but I want to be able to turn my fans down at night for noise.

Also decided to use the 4x4 tent instead of the 2x8 closet. The closet is too hot and has accessibility issues.

Haven't check the temperature in the tent yet but its pretty hot. Some heat stress in the form of leaf curl and pointing directly up on the top colas.

I turned the light back down to near the lowest setting while his heat wave endures. It was almost 90 degrees outside today.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #828352 - 09/04/17 12:18 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Woke up in the middle of the night and found my tent glowing from the zipper. Apparently the #2 function was set to turn on at midnight but no off time. Musta accidentally hit the button when I was resetting it. Glad I found out on the first day.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #828353 - 09/04/17 01:19 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Some more bullshit...

The humidity was obviously pretty high when I opened the tent this morning. The fan was off. I was using a 8" booster fan that's pretty old. It was kinda loud so I put it on a speed controller. That controller says "don't use on brushless or DC motors" and might have been the cause of the burn out. I did notice that the thing only turned on when in the last bit of the dial. I thought I'd be good for one night, but nope...

New one on order for $26. I have the full size 8" inline in the closet that I could use but don't want to hook it for noise reasons. Its also harder to mount--drill holes in ceiling and bungee cords. The booster fits right into the tent vent and can have ducting go directly out the window. I normally wouldn't want to use a booster fan as my main fan but since the window is so close it shouldn't be a problem until maybe next summer when its hot again.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #828397 - 09/07/17 09:17 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Set the light up to the maximum height by taking out the rope ratchets. The large plant in the back looks like it will be fine but still at risk of getting a little bleached if it continues to grow.

Got the ozone generator set up inside my exhaust fan. I pulled the big fan out of the other closet for the time being and I've got the hot air finally blowing out of my apartment. Just gotta readjust the cycle stat on the ozone generator to blow about 50% of the time so the ozone is not overbearing.

I also set up a little bit better irrigation system. I'll get some photos of that later.

So far the plants are really healthy looking. I was planning on doing some screen printing and was considering using one of the larger fan leaves as a pattern. They all have a really nice fat healthy main stem. I've been pinching them back to slow the stretch down.

Still trying to decide which one to clone and keep.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #828469 - 09/11/17 09:53 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Some more photos. I guess this is day 8?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order