Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: Scribbler]
    #824381 - 03/03/17 06:30 PM (7 years, 26 days ago)

Got a water filter for the feed line. There's a bunch of stuff that starts to build up in the tank that could potentially clog, like slime that gets so thick it breaks a big chunk off.

The filter was like $10 and the adapter and riser was like $4-5. The filter came with either male/male or male/female, and the riser (black) adapted the 3/4" threads to the 1/2"threads that screw right into the pump. The white piece is a garden hose adapter that just goes to the T I already built. The riser is cut-to length which really helped a lot. I got a few other cut to length 1/2" PVC pieces for other projects, and they were cheaper than the set sizes. Cheaper feeling plastic, but no biggie for this sort of application.

The plants are essentially stalled but ever so slowly creeping back. The hairs on a few of the buds are starting to push out white again.

Going away for the weekend, hopefully it won't get too hot in my apartment in the day time when the lights are on. Its cool outside so I just open the door a little bit then close it at night when it starts to get chilly. The humidity goes up when that happens and I fear the dehumidifier will fill up overnight the first night cause its running a lot right now with the rain. Last week it took a few days to fill the tank 3/4 full, now its that much every day. I'll leave a window cracked open and hope that it will balance out alright.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: phychotron]
    #824388 - 03/03/17 10:00 PM (7 years, 26 days ago)

Going to toss out bananas any day keep an eye out!

Also that dehumidifer is what is causing that early browning if havent figured that out yet.

Cheers

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: Theman]
    #824488 - 03/07/17 11:01 AM (7 years, 23 days ago)

How do you figure its the dehumidifier? Its a few feet from the closet set to 60%. The lower rH meter at the base of the plants reads a minimum of 40. If I don't run it my house is a sauna and my toilet sweats and leaks water all over the floor, all my windows do it, and I wake up in the middle of the night sweating. Plus the veg plants that got water from the nutrient tank showed similar signs.

Things are starting to recover with the nutrients set to basic. Just base nutrients and enzyme at about 1/3rd strength. Feeding it around 300-700 ppm till things pick back up. I checked the runoff and it was about 2-300ppm less than the nutrient tank. pH was back around 7-8 which means I should probably get an RO filter for this city water source. I've noticed inconsistent ppm readings from 125-200 from one week to another. It taste like shit and I wanted to get one for my own personal drinking water. I don't need to combat the tap water of the week.

Got white hairs shooting out on more buds and they are starting to slowly pick up growth. They seem a darker shade of green like they were fed too much nitrogen.

I picked up some hardware to raise the rod up and be able to move my lights up. Some of the buds are starting to show signs of light burn with some white tips starting to form. I moved the light to max and need another 2-6".

gotta defog my camera lens for photos.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: phychotron]
    #824517 - 03/08/17 04:25 PM (7 years, 21 days ago)

Pistils brown quickly when its very dry. Proximity to dehumidifier has nothing to do with it remember near subatrate surface will be higher humidity as water evaporates from soil. If pistils are browning fast they are either polinated or too dry for whatever reason.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: Theman]
    #824521 - 03/08/17 05:31 PM (7 years, 21 days ago)

Its not very dry though, its ridiculously moist all the time in this entire apartment, 50-70% around the house except for a few times when it naturally went below that. This garden was too warm and in the 40% humidity range for only a short period, not long enough to show the effect that we see. Plus it was getting worse before it got better despite having temp/humidity in range.  I've grown in lower humidity for longer without having such a severe reaction.

They've responded to changing the feed solution and getting the pH correct. It shriveled and killed my onion overnight when I poured some left over from the tank on the roots. Normal nutrient solutions don't do that to a vigorous plant that's starting to grow and come back to life.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #824527 - 03/08/17 07:12 PM (7 years, 21 days ago)

Got the data on the dehumidifier, uses about 3-3.25 kw-h per day on average. Gonna set it to 3.5 when I do the calculations

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #824533 - 03/08/17 10:01 PM (7 years, 21 days ago)

Light intensity is starting to bleach the tops on more and more. The leaves are pointed upward quite a bit, which is usually a sign they're trying to avoid light.  I'm going to try raising the light tomorrow.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #824583 - 03/10/17 08:00 PM (7 years, 19 days ago)

My electricity bill went up $19. February is a short month though. I need to do some calculations now to see how much I'm actually using. I also just plugged my XML650 in for a veg light. Its 660w on full but I have it somewhere around 1/3rd.

--------------------

Offlinetvbfe
Male

Loc: Flag
    #824608 - 03/11/17 10:23 AM (7 years, 19 days ago)

Looks like they are coming back nicely.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: tvbfe]
    #824627 - 03/11/17 08:17 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: Data]
    #824633 - 03/12/17 08:43 AM (7 years, 18 days ago)

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #824636 - 03/12/17 09:49 AM (7 years, 18 days ago)

:awecid::bobmarley:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: Data]
    #824637 - 03/12/17 10:37 AM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Finally moved the light up. Thought I was going to have to rehang the clothes-rod to hang them higher then I realized I had already solved the problem just not implemented it. Basically I had those rafters I put in to hold the lights but forgot to rehang the light. So I tapped a hole and put in an eye hook and lifted the lights up about 8 inches.

If they don't start looking good in the next two weeks I'm just going to pull them and throw it all to oil or something. You can tell some have a bit of light bleaching. Some buds are recovering nicely but others still have their hairs singed off.

For the time frame they're really behind schedule by about 2-3 weeks. Now that they've had light feedings for the past little bit I'm going to boost it up to full strength and see what happens.

Had my C.A.P VSC-DNe fan speed control break. I was using it to control the speed between night and day, it automatically increases the speed based on temperature. So I just cut it out of the loop and will adjust manually for now on. Until I get my light sensor anyway. I'm going to build a day/night independent speed control. More on that later though. That's the second piece of equipment failure so far.

My air filter at the top of the closet wasn't doing shit for the cat hair. I have cat hair on all my buds. This has got to stop, so I'm going to get another fan to put the filter on and have it input air so the closet has positive pressure enough to push out through the cracks but still mainly go through the exhaust.  Its vinyl flooring and the cat hair just gets sucked right up under the closet doors.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #824638 - 03/12/17 10:43 AM (7 years, 18 days ago)

To control the feed pump I just have a digital timer come on for 1 minute intervals twice a day. Once at lights on and one 6 hours later. Its about equal to what I had it on with the Sentinel BRT-1aHR that just broke but not as convenient to adjust when needed. It seems like I'll just need to go in every once in awhile and plug the pump in manually for a minute or two just to get it run off.

--------------------

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#824639 - 03/12/17 10:49 AM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Lol did u delete my post???

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #824641 - 03/12/17 02:32 PM (7 years, 17 days ago)

no, what post?

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #824647 - 03/12/17 06:59 PM (7 years, 17 days ago)

Flushing again before I bump the feed up. So far the plants look like they like the light a bit higher. Some have started leveling their leaves out a little.

--------------------

Offlinetvbfe
Male

Loc: Flag
    #824671 - 03/13/17 02:36 PM (7 years, 16 days ago)

So I learned something. I always thought that when they reach like that they wanted more light.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: tvbfe]
    #824798 - 03/15/17 10:36 PM (7 years, 14 days ago)

More learning on my end. My onion is falling apart. It started with just the one onion but now the one next to it is dying back. I flushed it a little after I fed it with the acid  but didn't do that good of a job at it cause its just the house plant container. The roots are pretty much burned off.

So that leads me to my new water system. I put in the two 1/4" feed hose but have moved it around slightly over time. I think that when I flushed I did just an alright job and it took a bit longer for the root zone to recover because its only spot flushing and the roots got burned off everywhere. The second flush seems to helped a lot.  I wanted to get a water-wand on a pump to manually flush the coco from the entire top down but never got around to it. I thought maybe I could do a good enough job with just the two small hoses but its not working.

I prefer the shower rings I custom made. They have around 9 holes of about the same size and tend to water nice and evenly. Whereas these feed lines just leave hoses everywhere and you need too many of them. I wanted to get some T's on the ends to spread the load out to 4 ports instead of two but all these little costs add up and will sneak up on you. $2-5 here and there adds up quick.

Some poor looking buds but they're starting to show some new, proper growth. The new growth doesn't look so brittle or dark green. I take it as a sign that the roots are growing back. 

Day 42, after being stalled for about 3 weeks.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #824805 - 03/15/17 11:54 PM (7 years, 14 days ago)

why are you calling it an onion?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder