Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineolskoolgrower
Stranger

Auto Blackberry and Animal Cookies (LED)
    #822204 - 12/29/16 08:28 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Home made Pro Mix in 4 liter pots
2 x 300w mars hydro LED's
2 x Blackberry Kush Auto
2 x Animal Cookies (Self pollinated from the clone only strain)
Jungle Juice Nutes (Im using up the rest of this garbage for this grow)

My setup;

Auto Blackberry #1 day 17

Auto Blackberry #2 day 4

Animal Cookie #1

Animal Cookie #2

Twisted beast growing all fuct up 

Please dont ask why everything was planted at different times I dont want to talk about it.

Questions, comments or suggestions are welcome.
:ganja:  :bongload:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Auto Blackberry and Animal Cookies (LED) [Re: olskoolgrower]
    #822213 - 12/30/16 08:39 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Sup man? Nice grow . I might get me a few of those leds and try them out never used before

:tuffshuff:

Offlineolskoolgrower
Stranger

Re: Auto Blackberry and Animal Cookies (LED) [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #822224 - 12/30/16 12:40 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks man I personally love them.  These mars hydro ones im using are cheap on ebay and work well they arent the upgraded model with ir and uv but the grow pic in my signature is 8 ball kush grown with these lights.  It was killer bud.  Im super space limited on this grow since i moved I think 600w led is a little over kill for a less than 2x2 space but hopefully the plants will love all the light.  I would have loved to put the auto's in bigger pots.  I just dont have the space for it.  I might have been able to upgrade one of the pots to 5 liters but dont know for sure yet.  This is my first indoor auto grow so im looking forward to seeing what I can do.

Im using 20/4 light cycle.  Once the auto's are done I will SCROG the cookies and then flip into bud.  Hopefully fill the space with bud.  My last grow was 8 8 ball kush plants with a 150g yield.  Not the greatest I hope to beat that this time.

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#822225 - 12/30/16 02:42 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Hell yes man sounds good. Good luck on this grow I'll be watching

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Auto Blackberry and Animal Cookies (LED) [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #822400 - 01/06/17 09:57 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I'm always curious to see what people can do with the Mars lights. I'm against them for the most part, but can be useful in some people's situations.

They lights are half the wattage they claim to start with, so your really only getting around 150w total. 37.5w per square meter, which is the start of where you want to be for an led grow but still decent.

The cheap fixtures don't give you as fast of growth rate and seem to never fatten the buds up. Adding more of them can help but is not really the solution.

The economics of cheap fixtures ends up costing you more in the long run than it would had you invested in a good light.  Cheaper to get started, but inferior results and greater long-term cost. I only recommend low end/generic to people who are desperate. Don't just keep buying them when they break and reconsider before you make more purchases to cover a larger area.

Autos' don't like to be transplanted, they have ONE shot at producing bud and if you transplant it the thing will want to change directions and start growing roots, slowing production overall. If your going to do it make sure its early on so you can avoid any transplant shock.

Good luck on the everything.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlineolskoolgrower
Stranger

Re: Auto Blackberry and Animal Cookies (LED) [Re: phychotron]
    #822655 - 01/15/17 01:37 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:

They lights are half the wattage they claim to start with, so your really only getting around 150w total. 37.5w per square meter, which is the start of where you want to be for an led grow but still decent.

Autos' don't like to be transplanted, they have ONE shot at producing bud and if you transplant it the thing will want to change directions and start growing roots, slowing production overall. If your going to do it make sure its early on so you can avoid any transplant shock.

Good luck on the everything.

I got 2 300w mars lights in there.  Its 264 actual watts for a 20 inch by 20 inch growing space.  These lights grew me 6+ oz last grow of some killer bud.

I wasnt going to transplant.  The auto's are in there final containers.

Update:

:happydance:

Day 34 She started showing hairs at day 30

Day 21
I dont know if you can see but she started putting out hairs a couple days ago.

Animal Cookies #2

Animal Cookies #1

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #822667 - 01/15/17 09:54 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

The second and third look like they have a deficiency of some sort. Sometimes you just need to feed the larger plants more food to keep up with the growth. Although the third picture makes it look like a mild deficiency and the start of burn on the tips.
Start with this

This suggest sulfur or iron

but this suggest maybe mangnese,zinc or sulfur.

The key to solving a deficiency is by where its occurring: depending on if its mobile or immobile nutrients.

If your over feeding you might have the start of a lock-out situation.  Or maybe your nutrients are getting too old and solidifying in the bottle with select nutrients.

Are you watching your pH or ppm?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by phychotron (01/15/17 10:00 PM)

Offlineolskoolgrower
Stranger

#822685 - 01/16/17 07:28 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

PH 6.3
TDS 291 (For the auto's im using 1/4 bottle strength as full strength.  For the regulars I havent checked the TDS yet as I havent given any of the two a full strength feeding yet(which is 1/2 bottle strength))

I was thinking about the fert's drying out and getting stronger.  Its been less than a year since I bought them.  I have 1/3 of the bottles I want to use this up before buying any more nutes.  Im a broke ass student so buying stuff for this grow is really on a desperate need basis.

Thanks for those pics though that helps alot.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #822704 - 01/16/17 02:54 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like you need to bump the feed up a tiny bit.  I would give them a good flush (5x water volume) then start feeding a bit more and see if that helps. Watch those tips for any signs of burn.

Check the pH and strength of the runoff and see if you have a huge swing. Peat based mixes can get acidic if you don't buffer them correctly.

--------------------

Offlineolskoolgrower
Stranger

#822774 - 01/18/17 10:55 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I think I might have over buffered for the PH.  My run off runs like 4.5.  If i bump the feed up anymore I get burns on the auto's

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #822776 - 01/18/17 11:05 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

man, that is a TON of watts for an LED!

:popcorn:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Auto Blackberry and Animal Cookies (LED) [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #822812 - 01/18/17 08:24 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Or under-buffered. The point of the buffer is to prevent swings in the pH. If its dropping down that low there is nothing left of the buffer. Ca/Mg might help stabilize the pH.

--------------------

Offlineolskoolgrower
Stranger

#822852 - 01/20/17 07:24 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Or under-buffered. The point of the buffer is to prevent swings in the pH. If its dropping down that low there is nothing left of the buffer. Ca/Mg might help stabilize the pH.

I might not have added enough dolomite to it. I was told that a tablespoon of dolomitic lime for a gallon peat/perlite was more than enough.

As a ghetto fix could i just mix some into the top of the soil?

Ive done like 8 or 9 grows now.  Never the same way twice.  I should just pick a way and stick to it for a bit.

--------------------

Edited by olskoolgrower (01/20/17 07:26 AM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #822855 - 01/20/17 10:48 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not too sure I've never had to deal with issues like that. I started with soil and soil-less mixes but then I switched to coco and haven't looked back since.

Stop adjusting your pH down at all and let the soil do it locally. Its suppose to swing somewhat so that it can get all the nutrients to the plant.

--------------------

Offlineolskoolgrower
Stranger

#822861 - 01/20/17 11:16 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Really everything looks beautiful as of now.  :shrug:

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #822863 - 01/20/17 01:08 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I think your starting to get deficient in some stuff, caused by the pH being off. Its the start but they tend to only get worse with age. The plant slows down and will under perform or grow strange over time.

This one shows the most

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #822987 - 01/25/17 06:06 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
I'm not too sure I've never had to deal with issues like that. I started with soil and soil-less mixes but then I switched to coco and haven't looked back since.

Stop adjusting your pH down at all and let the soil do it locally. Its suppose to swing somewhat so that it can get all the nutrients to the plant.

Can coco be used in replacement of soil? Or is it hydroponic growing only?

Offlineolskoolgrower
Stranger

Re: Auto Blackberry and Animal Cookies (LED) [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #823012 - 01/26/17 12:51 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

N MG or P deficiency?

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #823019 - 01/26/17 06:20 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Hard to say specifically. Probably multiple deficiencies. Nitrogen doesn't seem like its an issue.

I've never tried Revive by Advanced Nutrients but some people swear by it. It seems you might benefit from something like that. Suppose to correct nutrient imbalances.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Auto Blackberry and Animal Cookies (LED) [Re: TrueHerbCrystal] * 1
    #823020 - 01/26/17 06:29 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
Can coco be used in replacement of soil? Or is it hydroponic growing only?

I've heard of organic coco growers but not sure exactly what they do to benefit from using coco specifically. I think they might end up using more liquid organic/teas than additives that break down in the coco/root zone. Your not breaking down the coco to feed to the plants like you would with the constituents of soil.

The benefits from hydroponic growing in coco has a lot to do with how the Ca/Mg interact with the pores of the coco to transfer nutrients to the plant more efficiently.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals