Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Day 60 Flower * 1
    #819194 - 09/12/16 12:54 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

After accumulating mass amounts of equipment off craigslist and help from a partner, I've got myself a setup in a second bedroom I've dedicated to grow space. The setup is self-titled.

1x XL Tent 4.5'x9' with 1x backup 4x8
2x 8" 1k hoods
  -MH for veg, HPS for flower
2x propped box fans circulating and cooling the air above, while the lights are low. Repositioning as the lights get raised higher. 1 oscillates freely
1x 6" fan
1x 8" fan
1x 6" carbon filter

Ventilation system is powered by a 6" moderately sized carbon filter, and being pulled through and out by a powerful 8" can fan. Now I fitted my more powerful 8" can fan onto the small carbon filter. Pulls so much air through and out that I create extreme negative pressure in my tent! Nothing gets out, smell is controlled for now still in veg though.

It maintains at around 85 F at night, and if it starts to push 90, I turn the ballasts down to either 600, or 400W. I'm thinking of using an AC unit on the timer to help cool the room outside the tent to maybe get it to maintain closer to 80. Power is an issue in this small space though. And an AC unit requires 5 Amps that I'm not sure if I have to spare. Would require rearrangement and/or more electrical than I've already wired, which forces me to break my lease :X

Irrigation comes from a retrofitted hose attachment made from 90 cents worth of PVC fittings and a 5$ 5/8" garden hose from walmart. That runs from the kitchen sink across the hall into a dechlorinating filter and into my 28 gallon dedicated rez, where it is constantly being aerated via airstone. I am hoping to build a device to create compost tea for late stage veg and flower

The soil is a mix of high quality compost, minerals, and organic fertilizer.
7 strains, 12 plants (originally 13 but 1 didn't make it. Pre transplant mold issues have put these through some stress and it shows on some of these plants)

3x Sour Flo
2x Banana Kush -1 :sad:
2x Jesus OG
2x Candy Kush
1x Headband
1x Denver Kush
2x ???? (possibly DK)

They are on an 18/6 schedule, watered every 2-3 days, and are currently on a regiment of neem oil for pesticide. I also am thinking on possibly using left over square footage to grow other things along the edges in trowels; celery, lettuce, scallions, and bach choi which are all clonable from grocery store produce. Just a side experiment I'd like to do since I have some space.

It's gonna be a crazy ride. Feel free to post your thought or follow up for some updates, I'll treat this as an occasional growlog. Gonna hopefully have some sick flower by the end of this  :douchewink:

Time lapse:

Edited by Sloppy (12/04/16 12:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: Sloppy]
    #819225 - 09/12/16 09:20 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

That's a pretty hefty mix of strains you got going on there- Denver Kush I don't recognize though, where is that available? (Just flower, not clones)

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: SleepAid]
    #819236 - 09/13/16 12:43 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Only time I've ever heard of it was here, I'm the great state of Colorado.
Here's a picture of a hunter in the nursery. On a pot labeled DICK or dk or Denver Kush

Those 2 ?s and the labeled DK are some of my healthiest plants. I have the highest hopes for them, and the sour flo. Like I mentioned in the OP, they had a stressful adolescence because of mold. So they are going to need special attention and some good conditions which I'm trying to give them all of.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#819331 - 09/15/16 07:31 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Ventilation in a small room in an apartment is a constant challenge. Ever changing and adapting to the needs of the room temperature, especially now that weather is changing. Been reorganizing the ducting plan since the start. I'm getting close to that sweetspot though! The heat coming off these MH though are giving me issues maintaining anything lower than 85 in the tent. But, I fixed a major noise issue today, and I created better airflow through and out of my carbon filter, which will help a lot during flower.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

Offlinegrowups
Legal grower
Male

#819359 - 09/16/16 06:59 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I would run both hps and mh at 600. You get
more lumens per watt and much better spectrum.
I too had a apartment in Colo 2nd floor hard to
ventilate lol. I never bothered with ducting. I
just opened the door and turned a fan on. I also
spent nearly 24 hours with my plants though. I do
miss that life. I look forward to watching you
progress.

OfflineBobabouy
Strangler
Male

Loc: Shitstainistan
Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: growups]
    #819366 - 09/17/16 08:22 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Personally, I would lose the tent.

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: Bobabouy]
    #819372 - 09/17/16 02:38 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

growups said:
I would run both hps and mh at 600. You get
more lumens per watt and much better spectrum.
I too had a apartment in Colo 2nd floor hard to
ventilate lol. I never bothered with ducting. I
just opened the door and turned a fan on. I also
spent nearly 24 hours with my plants though. I do
miss that life. I look forward to watching you
progress.

I've been running my MH at 600 pretty consistently. They get very hot and it's hard to control temperatures. When it's cool at night though I will sometimes toss them up to 1000, which gives them the heat of the day in the middle of the night because my cycle turns on 6PM off 12 AM.
I was probably going to run my HPS at 1000 throughout though. Because the light gives off less heat than the MH.

Quote:

Bobabouy said:
Personally, I would lose the tent.

And build around the room? I would love to dedicate the whole room to this and make a construction process, be able to run 4 lights and make a dedicated veg space for mothers and clones, but I'm under lease. I can take this setup down in 45 minutes and it wouldn't have left a mark except the hole in the wall I had to make for electrical.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

OfflineBobabouy
Strangler
Male

#819376 - 09/17/16 03:30 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, renting is a bitch. When you get your own place a lot of options will open up for you.

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#819385 - 09/18/16 12:50 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah man, this is just a starting point. It does make it a little difficult to ventilate. Don't bash the tent though, it's a good size and for 100 bucks on craigslist you can't beat it :smile: Would have cost double that and 5x the time and effort to build something that might not even be as good

But I'm dialing it in day by day. Plants seem to be responding well despite a few temp spikes and light mishaps.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

OfflineBobabouy
Strangler
Male

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: Sloppy] * 1
    #819390 - 09/18/16 02:35 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

If I had to use a tent, I would definitely want one like you are using. Couldn't stand using one of those tiny tents.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #819412 - 09/18/16 10:17 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Your plants look like they have nutrient burn.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #819414 - 09/19/16 11:04 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Is that the discoloration/color fade going on in the fan leaves?

They could be a little bit burned, but if they are its just because they were so traumatized from cloning that the transplant just shocked them

This is brand new soil, all fresh on the organics and minerals. So it might be a little over supplied then. Once they start using them up hopefully it will equalize. It should be all good from this point on

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

Edited by Sloppy (09/19/16 11:23 AM)

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #819429 - 09/19/16 06:43 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

What soil are you using?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #819458 - 09/21/16 12:47 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

All purpose tomato fertilizer
-Seashells, crabshells, neem, fishbone, blood
Kelp meal
Organic compost
Peat
Azomite
dolomite
Perlite

It's not my recipe, but at the end I replenish and reuse. I'm watering with dechlo molasses water now, establishing microbial life in the soil. Later will eventually incorporate a compost tea. Other than those organic additive options I won't need to add anything, not using any chemicals or ferts. Meant to not have to worry about N or K levels, this is just about how alive the dirt is. Again, not my works. But it really makes a lot of sense to me.

Neem oil pesticide regimen. Adding organic rosemary and thyme soak to tomorrows spray for added protection.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #819464 - 09/21/16 10:03 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

What brand are you using?
I ask because many all purpose ferts have time released nutes that aren't timed for mj, and may cause you problems down the road.

You may also want to start using a b vitamin additive the watering before and after transplanting.  This will reduce/help the plant deal with the stress that comes from the transplanting process.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineBobabouy
Strangler
Male

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: Stoneth]
    #819467 - 09/21/16 10:56 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
Quote:

I ask because many all purpose ferts have time released nutes that aren't timed for mj, and may cause you problems down the road.

You may also want to start using a b vitamin additive the watering before and after transplanting.  This will reduce/help the plant deal with the stress that comes from the transplanting process.

Is the problem with time released nutes too much nitrogen for flowering or is that just one of many?

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #819468 - 09/21/16 12:06 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Honestly it could be just one of many.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleChiefFluffyNugs
Stranger

#819481 - 09/21/16 06:20 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Sloppy, my dude.  Nice fucking setup.  If you don't mind, how much did all that run you?  Also, I'm guessing you're in CO? 

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: 2kW 5'x10' Organic Bedroom Grow-Op: Setup/Veg [Re: ChiefFluffyNugs]
    #819494 - 09/21/16 08:01 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
Quote:

It's made up of the ingredients listed below it. Not sure the brand, but I won't use it if it's not organic period. I'm not sure if organics can have time release nutrients but I'm pretty sure this one doesn't!

Quote:

ChiefFluffyNugs said:
Sloppy, my dude.  Nice fucking setup.  If you don't mind, how much did all that run you?  Also, I'm guessing you're in CO? 

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Thanks dude :super: appreciate the compliment.

I have about 800-900 in it, plus 1000$ worth of equipment loaned to me. I'd say the value of my setup to be well over 2000$ including the plants, I did well on Craigslist saved a lot of money on the tent and the carbon filter.

Greatest state in all the land.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#819641 - 09/27/16 12:06 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

14 days since OP

Top From left to right:
Sour Flo x 3, Candy Kush, JOG, Candy Kush
Bottom From left to right:
weak Headband, Denver Kush, Mystery x 2, J OG, Banana Kush

These 2 were looking rough a week ago, but really perked up. The new growth looked like it was gonna wither, but now as you can see it all looks relatively good.

These 2 mystery plants are killing it. The only ones that are doing better is one of the CK and the DK. I'm thinking these 2 are gonna turn out to be denver kush.

3 sour flos, 1 on the left is second weakest plant

And the headband. These genetics are so special but this plant is having some problems. The color is so different from the rest, but the stature is short. It doesn't seem to be responding that well. But it's alive and that's really all that I can ask for.
Anyone know what's up just by looking maybe?

We're debating on whether i am going to need to ditch plants, or if I'm going to let them fight for space. The answer seems obvious, but in reality giving up plants is not going to be easy, they are all beautiful. I was thinking maybe using natural sunlight to flower the weakest ones. even keep them outside for a bit. Try and keep them happy the best I can. Just thoughts though, experienced opinions always welcome.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom