Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSillyString525
Stranger
Male

Starting an outdoor grow op in april
    #375847 - 03/01/10 03:30 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hey everyone, I am from the shroomery, and decided that I need the resources of the sister site, so here is my first post.

Alright guys, so here is the deal, I had a friend named Reed come up to me and say that he wanted ME to run an outdoor grow op for him.  Now his reasoning behind picking me is far beyond me, and I am actually a little bit nervous. I guess he figured because I am good at school and love drugs that I would make a good grower. I have never grown anything before in my entire life (that is illegal). All I really want is to produce something that isn't schwag or mid grade. Anything without seeds and maybe some crystals would be fucking clutch, but I have no expectations of growing the dankest herb around.  Now he has a farm that is a deer camp (we already are putting up chicken wire) and wants to do like 30 plants. Our grow is in north/central Mississippi and I need a strain that will do well outdoors and isn't that hard to get good results with in a hot humid climate. In the summers it will sometimes get up to 100 degrees or sometimes up higher, and I am nervous about that shit. Also we have big rain storms and stuff. Another thing I need to learn is about the germination process and which teks work best and how long they will take to grow and shit. Just whatever you guys think would be helpful. Thank you.

I hope this post isn't to vague or frustrating like a "how do I grow pot post", but I really am a complete noob.

Can anyone help me out with advice for doing this grow. Also does anyone know how much 30 outdoor plants could or would yeild? Thanks guys.
SillyString

P.S. I think this could be a great success. Do ya'll? I don't even have to use my property or anywhere where trespassers will be.

--------------------
It's really too bad that so much crumby stuff is a lot of fun sometimes.-The Catcher in the Rye

"Let them know you realize that life goes fast.  It's hard to make the good things last. You realize the sun doesn't go down.  It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Starting an outdoor grow op in april [Re: SillyString525]
    #375888 - 03/01/10 07:22 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

check out this site..you'll be able to find what you're looking for. It's a reliable seedbank..many members will assure you of that.

This thread  should be good for you to follow. It's the suggestion box for the new discussion forum and I believe the next topic up is germination.

Welcome to the growery Sillystring..stick around  :costanza:

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

OfflineSillyString525
Stranger
Male

Re: Starting an outdoor grow op in april [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #376056 - 03/01/10 11:55 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks that thread is great, I plan to bookmark it for sure.  Does anyone have any tips for good strains that holdup well in warm outdoor weather? I don't want any fragile shit for professionals, because I by no means fall under that category. Maybe some sort of Purple or something?

--------------------
It's really too bad that so much crumby stuff is a lot of fun sometimes.-The Catcher in the Rye

"Let them know you realize that life goes fast.  It's hard to make the good things last. You realize the sun doesn't go down.  It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round."

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#376114 - 03/01/10 12:32 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Well I can't give you a specific name but Sativas in general should tolerate higher temps and if I am not totally upside down Louisiana should have a logn enough season to finish them in time. Look online for your laatest freeze date and have the seedlings ready to transplant outside soon after that to maximize your grow time especially if you choose a sativa dominant strain. You might want to start the seeds in the next week even and have them a bit larger.

Also preparing your plot is going to make the process much better on you and the plants. If the spot has never been gardened before you will want to amend it with whatever it needs before planting. Bone meal, blood meal, dolomite lime, moss or bark amendments, perlite and some others are all things you can consider depending on what your soil is like now. some of those are nutritional some will help with drainage or water retention you will have to tailor what you do for the dirt you have but doing so will make a big difference in the final product.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

OfflineSillyString525
Stranger
Male

Re: Starting an outdoor grow op in april [Re: pha3r0]
    #376134 - 03/01/10 12:52 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Thank you. I think I am definitely going to use a tiller and aerate the ground around where I will be planting. I guess I should add potting soil in with the dirt when I plant. So probably a sativa...anyone know of great strains for the southeast us? Thanks for all of yalls help.

--------------------

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #376544 - 03/01/10 10:02 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Check out Swazi its a pure african sativa and very drought resistant and heat tolerant.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

OfflineSillyString525
Stranger
Male

Re: Starting an outdoor grow op in april [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #376684 - 03/02/10 07:35 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Alright I'll check it out for sure. I was thinking about maybe doing early misty also. I dunno, still researching.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals