Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineUsername
Stranger
Re: Shroomery Grower says what's up, time to make the next step? [Re: Bobabouy]
    #817358 - 07/25/16 10:50 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Lately I've been using a hpoo mix for my sub, with lime and gypsum.  Before that I used straw, the poo flushes better.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Re: Shroomery Grower says what's up, time to make the next step? [Re: Username]
    #817360 - 07/25/16 10:56 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

I would do poo but I'm too lazy to go ask some people a few blocks away for their horse shit :lol:

Invisiblem00nshine
HEDONISMBOT
 User Gallery

Loc: INEUPHORIA
Re: Shroomery Grower says what's up, time to make the next step? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #817369 - 07/26/16 08:28 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Nevermind pasteurizing the shit. So much easier to use the bucket tek.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomery Grower says what's up, time to make the next step? [Re: m00nshine]
    #817376 - 07/26/16 01:42 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

That bucket tek is bunk.

Invisiblem00nshine
HEDONISMBOT
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomery Grower says what's up, time to make the next step? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #817379 - 07/26/16 03:01 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Why do you say that? Haven't had much luck with it?

--------------------

Edited by m00nshine (07/26/16 03:30 PM)

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#817594 - 07/31/16 06:46 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
That bucket tek is bunk.

No it's not, every one of my grows was done using that tek. The only thing about it that is kind of wrong is that it says to use 4 qts of water and 2 qts of verm per brick. It's pretty agreed upon that that makes for a slightly under hydrated mix. I do 5 qts of water and 3 qts of verm, and it's on point every time.

People actually even use hot tap water instead of boiled water, and it does fine. Coir is the super-sub. For what it's worth, I can do a lot more with coir than poo, because mixing, pasteurizing, thoroughly cleaning the fruits is not something that I have time for. Coir is superior in my eyes, just my opinion though, man.
:thedude:

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomery Grower says what's up, time to make the next step? [Re: Sloppy]
    #817595 - 07/31/16 10:16 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Its bunk because its not true pasteurizing. Look through that thread and you'll see how many people get green. There's a reason people like Roger rabbit oppose using that method. Try adding coffee grounds as a supplement and "pasteurize" that way. I  guarantee you'll get green.

Also you guys know that the reason you pasteurize at 170° is because any higher (I.e. 212°) and you kill any beneficial organisms?

Edited by Deadkndys420 (07/31/16 10:24 PM)

Invisiblem00nshine
HEDONISMBOT
 User Gallery

#817598 - 08/01/16 05:09 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Although I will agree that pasteurization works better, the bucket tek certainly isn't bunk.

I used it for my last grow and spawned over a hundred jars with no contamination.

I use coco husk, not coir, and completely submerge the sub with boiling water.

I then squeeze out the excess moisture before mixing up a tub.

--------------------

OfflineBobabouy
Strangler
Male

Loc: Shitstainistan
Re: Shroomery Grower says what's up, time to make the next step? [Re: m00nshine]
    #817603 - 08/01/16 07:19 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

There are no beneficial organisms to kill in coir. Coir doesn't need pasteurization, manure does. If people get trich, it's because their spawn isn't clean.

Edited by Bobabouy (08/01/16 07:20 AM)

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

#817604 - 08/01/16 08:38 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

:uhno:
Quote:

Bulk substrates are pasteurized rather than sterilized. Pasteurization allows certain beneficial bacteria to survive in the substrate, which prevents harmful bacteria or mold from growing.

http://mycology.wikia.com/wiki/Growing_with_bulk_substrates

I suggest you do more reading.

OfflineBobabouy
Strangler
Male

#817605 - 08/01/16 08:48 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not gonna read that as I have no need. I've been using coir with no pasteurization for a very long time. And so have many, many other people. I do recommend the bucket tek because the hot water helps break down the cell structure making it easier to digest.

Edited by Bobabouy (08/01/16 08:58 AM)

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#817606 - 08/01/16 09:32 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
:uhno:
Quote:

Bulk substrates are pasteurized rather than sterilized. Pasteurization allows certain beneficial bacteria to survive in the substrate, which prevents harmful bacteria or mold from growing.

http://mycology.wikia.com/wiki/Growing_with_bulk_substrates

I suggest you do more reading.

Sorry man, but you are very wrong. As stated above, you don't need to pasteurize coir. It doesn't contain the beneficial bacteria that poo or other substrates contain. It is standalone. You are going off of outdated info, which is fine cause I'm sure you haven't been around the shroomery for a while or something, but don't come into mush cult spouting this off :lol:

Bad spawn is proven to be the cause of 97% of contamination pre-first or second flush. All of those tubs that went green in bucket tek are not because of the bucket tek. Just a bunch of noobs that needed something to blame that wasn't their piss poor sterile technique.

There is a reason why Roger Rabbit barely ever posts anymore, too. He was wrong a lot of the times, and had such a hot head he couldn't admit when someone knew more than him. Now he stays away and his useful and helpful contributions live on while his outdated logic got left in the dust.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

OfflineBobabouy
Strangler
Male

#817607 - 08/01/16 10:06 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup:

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#819195 - 09/12/16 01:06 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Whats up fellas if any of you are interested I've got a growlog/growop thread in canabis cult, I'd appreciate it a ton if people would give it a look :grin:

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/819194

:customgrow420:

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomery Grower says what's up, time to make the next step? [Re: Sloppy] * 1
    #819224 - 09/12/16 09:10 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sloppy said:
There is a reason why Roger Rabbit barely ever posts anymore, too. He was wrong a lot of the times, and had such a hot head he couldn't admit when someone knew more than him. Now he stays away and his useful and helpful contributions live on while his outdated logic got left in the dust.

RR left shortly after his wife died of cancer. I imagine this had somewhat a larger effect on him than whatever differences of opinion you're referring to.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

Re: Shroomery Grower says what's up, time to make the next step? [Re: SleepAid]
    #819237 - 09/13/16 12:50 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah that could very well be. Some people have had their words with the guy though, he's been known to let difference of opinion reign supreme in his arguements. But, its his own prerogative as to why he doesn't post anymore. If it's due to grieving then I eat my words and I would be a man and own up to that. But :shrug:

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#819249 - 09/13/16 11:29 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

In his own words, it is why he is left. I am not shaming you, just sharing what I understand to be correct. It occurred not quite two years ago.

Quote:

Thanks for the nice comments.  I started to make a thread to say goodbye but saw this one.  People need to realize I'm not moving on because of my new business-I'm moving on because of the abject failure of my most important mission in life.

Those of you who have followed this site for a few years know my wife Vivian has been fighting cancer for over ten years.  She appears in a few of the clips on Let's Grow Mushrooms, which I got out and watched yesterday just to have a chance to see her smiling face again.

My baby, the love of my life and my very reason for living died in my arms over the holidays. 

I suffered through 4 failed marriages before I found her.  I always knew that with Vivian I had true love and that it wasn't conditional on being in a good mood, or having a good financial year, or always saying the right thing, etc.  She was the only person I ever had who loved me no-matter-what and made sure I knew it.  Now she's gone after 15 wonderful years, and I'm all alone up here in the middle of nowhere.

I started growing medicinal mushrooms instead of psychedelic when we met because I was sure I could save her. John Holliday of Aloha Medicinals graciously provided her with products not yet on market but which had shown promise in jump-starting the immune system. She got a medical marijuana card in 2000 and a designated provider certificate for me so I could grow medical pot.  I've developed a high CBD strain that achieves nearly 20% CBD because it's rumored to impeded tumor growth.

Unfortunately, none of it worked and the only person I've ever truly loved in this world is gone.  My heart is broken and I've spent most of the last three weeks curled up in a fetal position on the floor bawling my eyes out.   

How can I continue to answer questions about mushroom growing when the most important reason for growing them in the first place turned out to be a devastating failure? 

Our local newspaper did a front-page story on her.  If anyone can get it, please post it here.  If not, I'll try to scan it and get it posted in a few weeks.  It's on the front page of the Jan 14, 2015 issue of the Ferry County View. It gives information that I've never released before about her life in Russia and the sacrifices her family went through to get to America.

Take care,
RR

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#819262 - 09/13/16 07:58 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for sharing dude, I knew she had passed but I didn't know the wound went that deep for him that he would give up everything he worked for. That's tough.

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#819304 - 09/14/16 07:38 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, something about the way he wrote that really cuts deep even though RR is not someone I know personally. I've become aware of a number of deaths via the shroomery/growery over the past decade, but this really bummed me the fuck out.

Anyway, I don't mean to derail anything- welcome to the Growery. I'm following that growlog of yours waiting to see what happens.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

OfflineSloppy
Be Positive

#819316 - 09/14/16 09:20 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah dude, I hope I can deliver on my first go around. Especially now that I have a single person following.. I was beginning to think that I was gonna be writing updates for myself :lol: :wink:

--------------------
FOLLOW MY GROW!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder