Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRanOutOfWeed2
Stranger

Desperate..Seedlings Keep DYING! WTF HELP PLEASE!
    #812049 - 04/29/16 01:20 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, so I have gone through 5 seed now. 2 Never sprouted, the one that did died, and the other 2 that are growing are not only not getting bigger, but the bigger of the 2 is dying. Bottom leaves curling down and turning yellow

I used miracle grow organics brand and have them under a mars hydro 300 with a small fan on them and plenty of ventilation in my tent

18/6 cycle through veg

What the heck is going on? Is the soil killing them or is it something I'm doing wrong?

I water every other day just enough for a small plant. Maybe 50 ML

I just planted 4 more auto dwarfs in some different organic  soil and hope this shit doesn't happen again, cuz so far I've wasted about 40$ worth of seeds

http://imgur.com/cJanwpT

Edited by RanOutOfWeed2 (04/29/16 01:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
Re: Desperate..Seedlings Keep DYING! WTF HELP PLEASE! [Re: RanOutOfWeed2]
    #812067 - 04/29/16 04:13 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I haven't used any of those but I have had those issues one thing was seed quality next is temp and humidity if those are golden then check the ph of your run off if that is good then look for nutrient deficiency or toxicity there is a nifty little trouble shooting guide stickied in this forum it is really good but that's how trouble shoot issues temp humidity light distance ph nutes... hope that helps

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Desperate..Seedlings Keep DYING! WTF HELP PLEASE! [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #812069 - 04/29/16 05:15 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Miracle grow is probably your problem. Worst soil to use for cannabis because of the time release nutes.  Next time use seed starting soil.

Offlinenotyuravragepothed
Stranger

Loc: Likeyouneedtoknow!
Re: Desperate..Seedlings Keep DYING! WTF HELP PLEASE! [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #812075 - 04/29/16 06:17 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I have a mars hydro also and I believe the soil I'm using is miracle grow also. Doesn't seem to be a good combo. I'd be surprised If it doesn't kill it, it turns the the leaves a deep purple and roasts the plant from my experience. I just had to start more seeds because i killed my most recent try at growing. Good luck dude

Edited by notyuravragepothed (04/29/16 06:19 PM)

OfflineRanOutOfWeed2
Stranger

Re: Desperate..Seedlings Keep DYING! WTF HELP PLEASE! [Re: notyuravragepothed]
    #812124 - 04/30/16 09:52 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

notyuravragepothed said:
I have a mars hydro also and I believe the soil I'm using is miracle grow also. Doesn't seem to be a good combo. I'd be surprised If it doesn't kill it, it turns the the leaves a deep purple and roasts the plant from my experience. I just had to start more seeds because i killed my most recent try at growing. Good luck dude

Yeah, this seems to be a pattern. Seedlings start fine, then stop growing, leaves turn yellow and death follows shortly after

Fucking miracle grow...Sigh....

I went to multiple stores it's all they fucking carry. Had to go to Walmart of all places to find a bag of true organic soil

OfflineRanOutOfWeed2
Stranger

#812125 - 04/30/16 09:53 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Miracle grow is probably your problem. Worst soil to use for cannabis because of the time release nutes.  Next time use seed starting soil.

Yeah, I will avoid MG like the plague from now on. 50$ worth of seeds down the drain

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Desperate..Seedlings Keep DYING! WTF HELP PLEASE! [Re: RanOutOfWeed2]
    #812137 - 04/30/16 10:58 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

It happens. I couldn't tell you the number of plants I killed before my first real harvest.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #812141 - 04/30/16 11:26 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Watch out on those "seed starting" mixes. I had some that was like powdered soil/dust, wet the top of the pot and it was still pooled up at the top the next day, bone dry underneath. I add at least half coco coir to fluff it up. It works amazing when you mix it.

They call it Miracle Grow because its a miracle if you can get anything to grow in it :wink:. Those household potting mixes are for house plants that don't get watered every week. Your looking for a high performance, aerated medium so the roots can rip right in, otherwise the stuff is like concrete and the roots struggle to grow.  You could probably "fix" the stuff by amending it with a lot of perlite but its best to get a better brand in the future.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Desperate..Seedlings Keep DYING! WTF HELP PLEASE! [Re: phychotron]
    #812201 - 05/01/16 02:14 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Start the seeds in a cup of plain soil. No organic mixes, chemicals, nothing but plain soil. Water the seedling when it needs it that doesn't mean every other day that means when it needs it. Then for the next 3 weeks other than watering it leave it the fuck alone. After a few weeks then put it in a mix.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Desperate..Seedlings Keep DYING! WTF HELP PLEASE! [Re: Magash]
    #812239 - 05/01/16 01:30 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah thats why im trying to learn everything before my first real grow, I learned not to use miracle grow from an outside source, ud think it would work cuz it works great with any other plant, but idk, just not bud.

Cool strat magash, time consuming, but Ill give that a try sometime myself.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag