Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: general hydroponics sold out to Monsanto's front company scotts ..maricle grow [Re: dmtcorey]
    #806763 - 02/26/16 10:23 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

well dont know about ya,ll but i picked up mine today

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: general hydroponics sold out to Monsanto's front company scotts ..maricle grow [Re: dmtcorey]
    #806764 - 02/26/16 10:23 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dmtcorey said:
..cool ! i guess i never been drawn to the powder seeing mostly bottles all the time . :thumbup:

Hey I hear ya cause I use to use nothing but bottles also. I usually get the 50 lb bucket of Maxi from these guys.

http://www.discount-hydro.com/general-hydroponics-maxigro-50-lbs/

and the store they ship from is 30 miles from me so I can just go there and have it in a hour.

I use to use the 3 part Flora series which is probably the best hydro nutrient there is (once you know how to use it) but just to much of a pain to mix all the time. Then I used flora Nova but had to always get smaller bottles cause that stuff stores like shit. Powders just make life way easier.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineMof
Male

Re: general hydroponics sold out to Monsanto's front company scotts ..maricle grow [Re: Magash]
    #806859 - 02/27/16 11:21 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

there's radioactive shit in their fertilizer that gets into ciggerettes and kills people years after they've stopped smoking

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
Re: general hydroponics sold out to Monsanto's front company scotts ..maricle grow [Re: Mof]
    #806884 - 02/28/16 11:38 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.aapfco.org/

http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/ProductDatabase.aspx

Click the second link, search by company name...

Find ur favorite nutrient line... it shows the heavy metal analysis of ALL products.

Print them out, add them up... see what u get...

I'm gonna post the cutting edge solutions analysis... the whole line all added up....

Then I'll compare that to general organics..

General organics is full of zinc and Cobalt and Molybdenum and that's their organic line..... :/

The rest is up to u guys :rockon:

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (02/28/16 11:49 AM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#806885 - 02/28/16 11:46 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dmtcorey said:
yo mag whats up with only using powdered nutrients ?

NPK Industries has a powder line btw!

Yeah there powder is probably the best powder nutrient out. I put up a post in the cult forum that is a complete breakdown of nutrients and it's done by NPK's head scientist guy. The problem with their powder is that Pablo Escobar would have made more money selling that stuff. They price it threw the roof.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: general hydroponics sold out to Monsanto's front company scotts ..maricle grow [Re: Nevar44]
    #806887 - 02/28/16 11:48 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

General orgaincs:

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS

Total N: 9.7

Available phosphoric acid: 51.1

Soluble potash : 7.3

Ca: 5

Mg: 2

Sulpher: 0.0

Boron: .02

Copper: .02

Iron: .20

Manganese: .06

REPORTED METALS

arsenic: 8.4

Cadmium: 1

Cobalt: 51.8

Molybdenum: 73.7

Nickle: 5.969

Lead: 6.9

Zinc: 1422.8

Now for the cutting edge line...

Cutting edge:

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS

Total N: 6

Available phosphoric acid: 6

Soluble potash: 11

Ca: 6

Mg: 2

Sulpher: 3

Boron: 0.0

Copper: 0.0

Manganese: 0.0

Iron: .100

REPORTED METALS

arsenic: 1.76

Cadmium: <0.5000

Cobalt: 2

Molybdenum: <0.5000

nickle: <1.000

Lead: <5.000

Zinc: 280.9

Ok , these are ppm measurements.... u should now be able to find the line u use on the link I posted... and compare the total heavy metals in the entire line u use...

Cutting edge is looking pretty clean, although I've only compared it to general organics so far.

As u can see, zinc Cobalt, Molybdenum, arsenic, nickle, lead, phosphoric acid levels are all MUCH lower in the cutting edge nutes.

Ty guru once again for saving me from smoking that shit...

Here is the link again...

search ur favorite nutrient line. Add up the reported heavy metal content in all the products u use and compare...

And the other link again.. it's the "association of American plant food control officials" website.

Click on "trace metals content analysis information". Then click your state... I live in WA so...

http://www.aapfco.org/heavy_metals.html

(There may be some mistakes in the typing, it's a pain to put this all up via smart phone...)

Edited by Nevar44 (02/28/16 12:27 PM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: general hydroponics sold out to Monsanto's front company scotts ..maricle grow [Re: Nevar44]
    #806900 - 02/28/16 12:58 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I peeked at "npk industries" real fast, checked arsenic levels...

Arsenic is fairly high is all i can say atm...

Also "Remo" nutes look good but lots of zinc in the grow and bloom. 600 ppm in the bloom 500 ppm in the grow

Me personally, I love the idea of powders. Shelf life bugs me, and u have more control.

However, I don't care if it's powdered or bottled when it comes down to how much heavy metals are in a product.

For now, I'm happy w cutting edge for the cleanliness of the products heavy metal analysis.

However, if I can find a good clean testing powder I may try it out in time. I'll have to start looking now...

Also, I wouldn't buy anythung from GH before or after the switch. I would imagine their stuff still tested w lots of arsenic and zinc before the switch....

It kinda seems like it's pick your poison with most nute lines if u check out the analysis of em all through the link I posted:blazed:

Well I looked a little deeper. It seems general organics line is no better than GH. The maxibloom from GH looks decent I guess but I'm no expert lol...

Dmtcorey I'm not saying Remo is bad either just noticed high zinc levels off the bat. Higher zinc than GH by far if I'm not mistaken... anyways...

The aapfco would be my go to guide.

I discovered aapfco by purchasing a bag of "pro soil mix" "aaa mix". The bag had the website address on it... proudly stating check out our analysis online...

It's a company out of Oregon... I might pick some up again. I returned it because it didn't say it had lime or wetting agent... so I assumed it had no lime or wetting agent..

I emailed the company they told me they aren't allowed to state Wether or not it has lime or wetting agent and it does in fact have ph stabilizers and wetting agent in it...

I'll put up the email and quote it if anyone would like...

I'd love to see ur guy's nute lines reported heavy metal analysis added up :smile:

It seems that more than one brands organic line actually contains more heavy metals than the non organic of the same brand... botnicare and gh in specific

Time to do some homework...

Edited by Nevar44 (02/29/16 12:22 AM)

OfflineGrit
    #806939 - 02/29/16 05:05 AM (8 years, 30 days ago)

Yeah, I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, but I'm going to continue using GH flora series. The stuff works great. I'm just curious though, how harmful are those heavy metals in the end? I flush my plants for 2 sometimes 3 weeks anyways, wouldn't everything be flushed out by then?

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: general hydroponics sold out to Monsanto's front company scotts ..maricle grow [Re: Grit]
    #806941 - 02/29/16 08:01 AM (8 years, 30 days ago)

No worries bro to each their own.

Flora Nova isn't too bad...

Floralicious is soooo full of zinc it's worse than miracle grow itself

About the heavy metals being flushed out.... this question is hard to answer for myself.

It comes down to the CEC aka the "cation exchange capacity". So it depends on ur soil mediums cec.

Zinc is a cation, so it's gonna be held in the soil to a certain degree.

If it was an anion it wouldn't be a worry... at least that's my best guess..

Since it is a cation, it is a worry. Not all stuff can be flushed out so easily. Especially if the soil is holding a lot of it...

I'd puff ur flora Nova flowers.., but not consistently cause it'd be like supporting Monsanto in my book...

I would not puff ur floralicious flowers tho wayyy to much zinc in there....

6000 ppm of zinc in floralicious :eek:

Edited by Nevar44 (02/29/16 08:32 AM)

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
    #806943 - 02/29/16 09:07 AM (8 years, 30 days ago)

Which  floralicious product are you referring to?

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineGrit
    #806945 - 02/29/16 09:08 AM (8 years, 30 days ago)

I've never used floranova, so I can't speak on if it's good or bad. I use the micro grow and bloom with almost all of the supplements especially floralicious.

Now when you say floralicious has all this zinc, which one are you talking about? Because there is floralicious grow, bloom and plus. I use the plus from start to finish. Even a couple ml in the ez cloner. Also GH make a florakleen, I don't use this, but I understand it's for leeching all the salts and build-up from the substrate. Would the florakleen take all leftovers of heavy metals from the substrate?

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: general hydroponics sold out to Monsanto's front company scotts ..maricle grow [Re: Grit]
    #806949 - 02/29/16 09:19 AM (8 years, 30 days ago)

The bloom in specific has the High zinc levels...

the grow doesn't have nearly as much zinc, neither does the plus...

http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/suppinfo.aspx?pname=1029

The first link is all of gh products... click which one u want the analysis of...

http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.aspx?pname=3726

The second link is a link to the analysis of the floralicious bloom in specific... highest zinc levels I've noticed yet

I'm serious when I say miracles grow itself has less zinc... :/

I just noticed this today...

Ty guru for getting me on the rights tracks :smile:

It seems the flora bloom is the main one w hellllla zinc... I'd not use the bloom for sure...

The micro and grow seem ok, I'm no pro here ima newb...

As far as ur question about the flora leeching stuff... it's not on the list. I assume it's hlc tho which does flush stuff out better cause it's a heavy anion... I think that's how it works lmao not sure don't quote me read this and find out urself.... it should help yes

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/cation-exchange-capacity-of-mediums-and-affects-on-fertigation.63913/

Sry for the off site link, its good info tho and I didn't Wana copy paste the entire statement and clog the thread lol..

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (02/29/16 09:30 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#807321 - 03/05/16 01:33 PM (8 years, 25 days ago)

:eek:

These guys have an add on Craigslist in my area if u look for used grow equipment u will see it...

Checked them out, they top the list w the shitty shit out there I know of yet lol...

http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.aspx?pname=6185

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#807450 - 03/07/16 08:46 AM (8 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

dmtcorey said:
yo mag whats up with only using powdered nutrients ?

NPK Industries has a powder line btw!

Yeah there powder is probably the best powder nutrient out. I put up a post in the cult forum that is a complete breakdown of nutrients and it's done by NPK's head scientist guy. The problem with their powder is that Pablo Escobar would have made more money selling that stuff. They price it threw the roof.

lol cool man ,i just learned about there raw line here as i was looking around for my switch up nuts .
Quote:

Nevar44 said:
http://www.aapfco.org/

Click the second link, search by company name...

Find ur favorite nutrient line... it shows the heavy metal analysis of ALL products.

Print them out, add them up... see what u get...

I'm gonna post the cutting edge solutions analysis... the whole line all added up....

Then I'll compare that to general organics..

General organics is full of zinc and Cobalt and Molybdenum and that's their organic line..... :/

The rest is up to u guys :rockon:

great post 44 ,heavy medals was the reason i stopped using the Alaskan fish fertilizer ,going go though some of your info here soon bro thanks for sharing

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#807456 - 03/07/16 10:32 AM (8 years, 23 days ago)

For those organic guys...

Lots of guano is high in zinc and arsenic...

Here is a link to some roots organics guano that not so great looking...

http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.aspx?pname=6122. Nitro guano

http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.aspx?pname=6123 phos guano (Lotta arsenic)

http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.aspx?pname=6129 seabird guano (bet it has radiation in also Thays not tested for... from the seabird..

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (03/07/16 10:39 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds