Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleZombi3
Greenhouse Technician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bat Country Flag
Re: hydroponic marijuana "hydro" [Re: poor boy]
    #759255 - 11/26/14 01:49 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Why the face palm? I dont know everything about every strain :tongue:

White widow is excellent.

--------------------
* Die For Your Government *

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: hydroponic marijuana "hydro" [Re: Zombi3]
    #759268 - 11/26/14 02:00 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Zombi3 said:
Whats your thoughts on blue dream? I can get clones right now from a great grower who says it has been one of his favorite strains to work with so far. i considered get clones for my next rip.

It's a killer strain. Hard hitter that leans toward a sativa high.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: hydroponic marijuana "hydro" [Re: Magash]
    #759271 - 11/26/14 02:02 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

never had blue dream but i always hear good things if its the actual strain.

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

InvisibleZombi3
Greenhouse Technician
Male User Gallery

#759277 - 11/26/14 02:06 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

Zombi3 said:
Whats your thoughts on blue dream? I can get clones right now from a great grower who says it has been one of his favorite strains to work with so far. i considered get clones for my next rip.

It's a killer strain. Hard hitter that leans toward a sativa high.

Ill put more consideration into getting clones then. Thanks:thumbup:

--------------------

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #759333 - 11/26/14 04:48 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

The first hydroponic bud I ever encountered was "bc" hydro from Canada.
Every "strain" or visual variance at least, was similar to the others and was distinctly scentless and overly moist. Hard as hell though.

In the earliest days of "indoor" around here it was fluffier, crystal coated floro grown buds.
I think the earliest signs I noticed stash wise, was denser buds with "hydro" although not likely from a hydroponic system , but coincidentally from the use of more intense lighting. 

Still, nothings ever knocked me out in 1 hit like some of the well grown outdoor "purple" around here.
So...even then, the term "dro" never impressed me. It was my clue to its mass production guise.

InvisibleZombi3
Greenhouse Technician
Male User Gallery

Re: hydroponic marijuana "hydro" [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #759336 - 11/26/14 04:56 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I absolutely love indoor / greenhouse growing so much that I pursued a college diploma to do so.

Quote:

oeric mckenna said:
Still, nothings ever knocked me out in 1 hit like some of the well grown outdoor "purple" around here.

And yet still, some of my favourite homegrown nugs were outdoor. And most of the growers who I admire/consider experts will say exactly what you said right there oeric.

As fun as it is to grow indoor...
Outdoor is highly under rated.

--------------------

Invisiblevinsue
GRAND OLD FART
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #759346 - 11/26/14 05:22 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Zombi3 said:
Just got here so I dont knwo magesh yet but reading through posts he seems like a boss, hes got a lot in the cultivation sub forum so I see his posts often :thumbup:
Definitely looks like a skilled grower :awesomenod:

When I joined the Shroomery in 2004, Magash was posting mouth watering pics of his grows back then.
He had already been around for a few years.
You lived in Hawaii back then, right Mag. ?  I was so jealous.

He was the inspiration for me to start growing again in '05 after so many years of abstinence.
I got a couple good grows in, but my work schedule changed all that.

Now that I'm semi-retired and semi-disabled, I have time to start making medicine again.
And Magash is here still here providing inspiration...

He is indeed, the Man.:yesnod:

end/asskissing:blush:
:smilingpuppy:. . :peace:

--------------------
" One toke over the line...

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: hydroponic marijuana "hydro" [Re: vinsue]
    #759348 - 11/26/14 05:32 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Shiiiit your memory is better then mine. I don't know where I was half the time. You are right though at that time I was on the big island.

Thank you for the comments I appreticate it. I'm no better grower then the next guy just after 30 years (actually 29) under the lights and even longer outdoors I better have learned something. :wink:

This pic of me is older then most of you

:crazy2:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#759349 - 11/26/14 05:41 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Zombi3 said:

I'd ask for a seed instead but that's just me... haha...  you say they're talented tho so maybe that's a different story.  I'll never forget the time I took a clone from someone and it "trojan horsed" me and ruined my life.

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#759350 - 11/26/14 05:44 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Shiiiit your memory is better then mine. I don't know where I was half the time. You are right though at that time I was on the big island.

Thank you for the comments I appreticate it. I'm no better grower then the next guy just after 30 years (actually 29) under the lights and even longer outdoors I better have learned something. :wink:

Nice. sweet plant too!

InvisibleZombi3
Greenhouse Technician
Male User Gallery

#759351 - 11/26/14 05:53 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I dont want to sound cocky but Im excited to start posting some grows here, this is my passion and I like to think I know a thing or two :wink:
I love to share with growers and collaborate on ideas thats why I was drawn to this site! :laugh:

Quote:

oeric mckenna said:
Quote:

Zombi3 said:

I'd ask for a seed instead but that's just me... haha...  you say they're talented tho so maybe that's a different story.  I'll never forget the time I took a clone from someone and it "trojan horsed" me and ruined my life.

He doesnt have seed. Just a mother and no males. Blue dream is blueberry x haze though if Im not mistaken and I know someone with blueberry seeds so I was thinking if the blue dream impressed me enough I may cross it with a male blueberry and try to breed back to blue dream :lol:
But I really dont have the space to do that right now.

--------------------

Invisiblevinsue
GRAND OLD FART
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #759352 - 11/26/14 06:17 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I hid my grow among my tomatoes and the Japanese Knotweed that had invaded the Catskills.

:ass::growingweed: . . . :peace:

--------------------
" One toke over the line...

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: hydroponic marijuana "hydro" [Re: vinsue]
    #759359 - 11/26/14 07:39 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for hiding that.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: hydroponic marijuana "hydro" [Re: KaptKid]
    #759363 - 11/26/14 08:02 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

If I had a backyard I would grow random plants and then sqqueeze a bud plant in.

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#759548 - 11/28/14 12:19 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

oeric mckenna said:
Quote:

Magash said:

Nice. sweet plant too!

Yeah it was back in the day when you could go off

Rats were hitting me hard so I had traps around the plants

--------------------

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#759588 - 11/28/14 11:19 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Wow man. That's one stellar patch! Biggest buds I've ever grown were outdoor. Made my head look small.
  Rats eh?? that's wild. Haha as long as you don't catch a toe in your own trap...
I've had deer issues.
I remember picking up big half chewed buds off the ground. They were brown from sun and storms. Dead. So when I went to smoke this hard, brown, animal chewed, weather beaten weirdness... it was so harsh all I could do was cough my ass off after one rip. It was as I recall, the second strongest weed I've ever smoked in my life. I never did figure out why.  Sun?

InvisibleZombi3
Greenhouse Technician
Male User Gallery

Re: hydroponic marijuana [Re: oeric mckenna] * 1
    #759609 - 11/28/14 04:19 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

oeric mckenna said:
So when I went to smoke this hard, brown, animal chewed, weather beaten weirdness... it was so harsh all I could do was cough my ass off after one rip. It was as I recall, the second strongest weed I've ever smoked in my life. I never did figure out why.  Sun?

Wasnt the sun, most probably Placebo lol

Invisibledrawde
    #759611 - 11/28/14 04:25 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Zombi3 said:
I absolutely love indoor / greenhouse growing so much that I pursued a college diploma to do so.

Quote:

oeric mckenna said:

And yet still, some of my favourite homegrown nugs were outdoor. And most of the growers who I admire/consider experts will say exactly what you said right there oeric.

As fun as it is to grow indoor...
Outdoor is highly under rated.

I'm all about dat outdoor.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#759616 - 11/28/14 04:52 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

oeric mckenna said:
Wow man. That's one stellar patch! Biggest buds I've ever grown were outdoor. Made my head look small.
  Rats eh?? that's wild. Haha as long as you don't catch a toe in your own trap...
I've had deer issues.
I remember picking up big half chewed buds off the ground. They were brown from sun and storms. Dead. So when I went to smoke this hard, brown, animal chewed, weather beaten weirdness... it was so harsh all I could do was cough my ass off after one rip. It was as I recall, the second strongest weed I've ever smoked in my life. I never did figure out why.  Sun?

lol.....I had the deer issues also. Then I started using synthetic lions piss and spraying that around the area. I didn't even see birds after that. The damn rats would chew the branches off and drag them someplace and I'd come back to a stick in the ground with no branches. I started trapping the rats and made a friend out of a red fox that lived in the area and was into the easy eating that the traps provided him. That fox was my grow partner for the next few grow seasons.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: hydroponic marijuana "hydro" [Re: poor boy]
    #759624 - 11/28/14 05:28 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I'm responding without reading this thread. I know that makes me an asshole but I am anyway.

IMO in the 90's hydro became a buzz word, because it was still a relatively new way of cultivation...and anyone growing in a hydroponic setup knew what they were doing. It wasn't the actual manner of growing that was any better, it was just that hydro is so much easier to fuck up. Therefore, people with successful harvests of hydroponic buds were more likely to know about what they were doing than some jerk off who shoveled some dirt out of his lawn and grew bag seed in a closet under a handful of fluorescent, ya know?

Nowdays hydro doesn't mean fuck all, since there are so many ways of growing that are considered "hydro" by people. Soiless is easy enough to do. IMO it's all a huge waste of time. Yeah you can flush hydro a bit better and faster, but you only REALLY need that control if you're fucking up anyway.

Good soil shouldn't need any nutrients other than maybe a root booster for the first 30 days at least. After that most people aren't gonna veg TOO much longer, but I give 'em a good flush when moving to flowering. 4 weeks into flower they get a solid flush, and then 2 weeks before harvest I give them a really thorough flush every 4 days. I'd put my best harvests up next to anyones fully hydro setup and I don't think they taste any worse and certainly get you just as faded.

Soil is better IMO, but I'm speaking from my own experience and for my personal requirements. I guess if I were in a really huge continuous op I wouldn't wanna be fucking with bags of dirt all the time, but in a less than 10 plant situation it's best.

Edit: Or whatever Magash said. I don't question his judgement anymore.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom