Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
Blue knight * Lavendar kush * Jilly Bean* Agent Orange
    #804820 - 01/29/16 11:21 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Recently aquired these on trade from a chico friend.

I know little about them

Blue Knight herms easily indoors if conditions aren't right I've read. And im told it's difficult to grow.

Jilly bean I'm told doesn't look great but makes a great flavored  concentrate.

Lavendar kush is sm and bushy.

This is all I know

I'd like to know more from some of u conosouirs who have had the pleasure of growing these strains already please

The blue knight is blue berry kryptonightn cross I'm told if I remember right

I have one LK going now just popped and the rest I'm gonna wait a month to pop.

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (03/01/16 01:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelingzhi
Stranger
Re: Blue knight * Lavendar kush * Jilly Bean [Re: Nevar44]
    #804877 - 01/30/16 12:58 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

i have been wanting to try some jilly bean lately. The flavor profile sound amazing.

i was gifted a few hundred seeds from chico, there is six strains but none of them are labeled. i got them from an old school grower who has been growing them out for atleast a decade. when i have the extra time and space i would be interested to see how they turn out.

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Blue knight * Lavendar kush * Jilly Bean [Re: lingzhi]
    #804880 - 01/30/16 01:09 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

The jilly bean I got like 7 seeds of. They look real nice and all have a unique chocolate color.

Blue knight is cool cause it's rare also. Can't go wrong w some lavender and a little added kush why thank u lol

I'm told the JB strain isn't good by some. I laugh at that. Sounds yummy to me, maybe it's just a bit more difficult to get a great pheno I dunno.

If ud like to trade seeds, I love to. I like the sounds of your story. If he has been growing them forever it might be a really stable strain/strains.

I'm on the hunt for known good male pollen also. :smile: I'll be saving all my males if poss from now on and in time saving all the best ones for pollen

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (01/30/16 02:22 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #804884 - 01/30/16 01:44 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Haven't grown the Blue Knight.

Jilly Bean is ok. Not that bad looking but it can get like a airy sativa if you don't give it the light it needs. Stretches like a bitch during flowering but that is easy enough to deal with. I liked it but it just wasn't a keeper. I think the strain that makes the killer concentrates is Tangie from DNA. (then again that is only my opinion we all have our tastes. :wink:)

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Blue knight * Lavendar kush * Jilly Bean [Re: Magash]
    #804890 - 01/30/16 02:24 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Nice, I'm looking forward to the possible challenge the blue night may pose.

If I got a male JB, what do ya think it'd go nicely w magash? Just for fun

Also what about the lavendar kush mag? I have a seedling of this going now. The JB and the BK I'm waiting on

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (01/30/16 02:33 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #804952 - 01/31/16 07:20 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

You know I haven't grown the lavender kush but I've tried a friends and found it like purple kush. Strong high with a almost sour grape taste.

You know some of that pollen from the male JB would go pretty well with the lavender kush. (The JB has a somewhat citrus taste to it and I've always liked crossing berry tasting strains with citrus ones.)

The JB would also go nicely with a Grape Romulan or a Blue Dream. (Those are just crosses I'd like I'm sure you already have a few in mind :wink:)

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#804954 - 01/31/16 08:16 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting, I was hoping for a very lavendar tasting strain. Still am lol, love that floral skunk today's lavandar has. But also the older lav that was pure purple in color... man I'd like that pure purple strain.  The purps strain is very nice  also nice tho. Kinda like the lavendar w out the skunk to it. Haven't seen the purps around much anymore..

I'm quite familiar w many diff strains and can tell them apart w out labels, but I'm new to cannabis genetics. Always been a cannabis conosouir but my recent comprehension of mushroom genetics leads me to cannabis genetics. So i honestly couldn't have a very good opinion atm on what kind of crosses I like. I need some male pollen to start. I've got lots of yrs to go tho so maybe by time I'm 50 I'll have some cool unique stuff

First male I get, he is getting kept lol. Can u buy pollen anywhere that u think is worth a few bucks??

I like skunky, floral, fruity herbs most for the flavors they bring.

Citrus I'm not attracted to a lot. I have  tried JB flowers, haven't tried LK, I've tried BK but only once and she could have been grown much better...

I love pineapple trainwreck flavor, lavendar, skunk #1,fruity pebbles,peanut butter jelly aka purple blow hole was interesting lol, OG GG GDP is nice n funky, purple jolly Rancher is tasty...

I'm most attracted to terp profiles, as far as effect I like strains that u do not build tolerance to mostly and something w some sativa jazz to keep me going

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (01/31/16 11:34 AM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #805036 - 02/01/16 09:33 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

But also the older lav that was pure purple in color... man I'd like that pure purple strain.

I'm a fan of Lavender also but the older version is the only one I've actually grown. Still have a mother of it but haven't grown it out lately.

Quote:

Can u buy pollen anywhere that u think is worth a few bucks??

Not that I know of. I stopped using males as much to make seeds a few years ago. The demand for feminized is to high.

--------------------

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#805088 - 02/01/16 05:32 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

! ...yummmm. it's been seven yrs or so since I've seen that strain. Only seen it come from CA too.i mention it quite often tho. That lavendar has an awesome fragrance... :smile:

I kinda figured, bumer. I'll get me some males soon hopefully some good ones.

How many lumens per Sq ft does a male require? ? I think I got an og male now and have some chem 99 makes being given to me. Can u flower males of diff varietys in sane room? Just collect pollen so it's not getting mixed together??

This og male is an F1 hybrid and I don't have access to the pollen that produced it. Im unsure if this male would preform as well as a stable male...

I've also heard og is herm tendant so wouldn't wanna use that..

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (02/01/16 09:58 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #805154 - 02/02/16 03:53 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

How many lumens per Sq ft does a male require?

You know I'm not sure if they need different light requirements I just use the same for the females since that is the way it has to be outside and they do fine. It is a interesting question though.

Quote:

Can u flower males of diff varietys in sane room?

You answered the question yourself
Quote:

Just collect pollen so it's not getting mixed together

Quote:

This og male is an F1 hybrid and I don't have access to the pollen that produced it. Im unsure if this male would preform as well as a stable male..

Hard call. I've had it go both ways. I've had F1s that made killer seeds that grew killer plants. I've also had a trusted female that had been many times produce shit seeds(called shit seeds cause they produced shit plants) and the only difference was the male used and it was a F1.

Finding a stable male you're most likely gonna have to find yourself from seeds that come from a stable strain.

--------------------

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#805155 - 02/02/16 04:11 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

MAGASH SAID:
"Finding a stable male you're most likely gonna have to find yourself from seeds that come from a stable strain."

I figured this much..., but only reason I'm asking is cause this unstable F1 male is my first male. The f1s havent been crossed back into themselves. Not sure if it's worth keeping.. I guess w ur answer it could be but also might be a terrible investment of time as I imagined. So I'll prob play it safe and just see if my buddy wants it who made the seed.

Im gonna prob have to flower some males indoors so im wonderimg if I can get by w less lumens. I'd guess having more would make selection easier cause quality of male flowers would be better maybe.. and if I need to build a box for em inside to keep lumens up or if just a light over the top is good to flower a male. Now I wonder if growing out males.indoors for breeding is even a good idea?? Maybe not, might influence phenotypic expression in weird ways or not at all???

Edited by Nevar44 (02/02/16 04:28 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #805164 - 02/02/16 06:15 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Now I wonder if growing out males.indoors for breeding is even a good idea?

I don't think there is anything wrong with it considering every major seed breeder has been doing it for years. I don't think you'd have any problem if that is what you are considering doing.

--------------------

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#805168 - 02/02/16 06:33 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I hear ya, I'm just thinking outdoor breeding you would have better success as far as seeing phenotypic expressions.

I suppose if u get ur lighting down indoors u will be pretty n good to go. And u could select plants that respond well to indoor environments...

Just me over thinking things lol

On another note, these f1s come from known good females and known good males that stood out next to ten other males of the same variety

He smells very good and has for awhile now..
Here he is next to his sister

He is the picture on the right. His sis had a few dry spells I'm learning a lot. They also got root bound before transplanting but oh well I'm learning lots. Female got several.leaves chopped since they dried out. Since day one the male has been looking better than the female tho just a lil shorter. Has very nice branching but the braces seem to stretch some. This is all a total rookies observations tho I haven't done but one sog grow that i finished lmao. I'll catch on tho

Edited by Nevar44 (02/02/16 11:57 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #805183 - 02/03/16 12:40 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I'm just thinking outdoor breeding you would have better success as far as seeing phenotypic expressions

You know this makes complete sense but I've been under the lights since 1985 (yeah yeah get the old man jokes out of the way :tongue:) but haven't found it to be the case. I do believe that outdoor light is better but really haven't notice much of a difference in growth other then the overall size of the plants.

Quote:

On another note, these f1s come from known good females and known good males that stood out next to ten other males of the same variety

Like I said before as long as You trust the source then use the male and I'm sure you'll make killer seeds.

I bred a strain called Man Eater and these are some of the results people here have had with it.

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/721313

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/750913

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/683676/page/1

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/478336

Results with some of my other gear

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/677420

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/422318

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/803449

What I do to make the seeds
Lets take Man Eater. In Man Eater I used a female Green Crack from the Amsterdam Collage in Oakland, CA. The Sour Diesel was a male from Reservoir Seeds.

1. Cross the Green Crack(P1) with the Sour Diesel(P1)

2. Take the seeds from the first cross (these will be F1s and are what you buy from seed dealers in Amsterdam) and get a good male and a good female from them.

3. Cross that male and the female to get seeds from them. These seeds will be F2s.

4. Take the best female you can find from the F2s and cross it to the original father plant(P1).

5. Now you have F3s. Take the best male plant you can find and cross it to the original mother plant(P1)

6. Now these seeds are stable. To test females and males from these seeds are crossed with each other to check for uniformity.

I use a male and a female from these seeds to make the seeds you get. This is why I can tell you exactly what the plants are going to do and they do it. This is also why I can very safely say if you cross any two of my seeds they will produce seeds exactly like the ones you bought. The plants from them will be exactly like the ones you just grew.

The process is done exactly the same way for the feminized seeds but time has to be taken to draw pollen from female plants.

I wish I could take credit for this method of stabilizing but I can't. Credit has to go to one of the best breeders on this planet Shantibaba from Mr. Nice Seeds.

:awetongue::happyweed::awetongue:

--------------------

OfflineGrit
    #805185 - 02/03/16 03:57 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Hey, could you share any tips on how to select a good male for breeding? Can you just keep a male same way you keep a mother alive, and just take cuts from the male to use to breed with? Or do you flower the male out and keep the pollen?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Blue knight * Lavendar kush * Jilly Bean [Re: Grit]
    #805194 - 02/03/16 07:13 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Grit said:
Hey, could you share any tips on how to select a good male for breeding? Can you just keep a male same way you keep a mother alive, and just take cuts from the male to use to breed with? Or do you flower the male out and keep the pollen?

It's hard to pick a good male but it's done the same way as with a female. Smell, taste, speed of growth, flowering time(done by flowering a cutting off of the males to test em), and so on.

Yes you can keep a male alive and take cuttings from it to us when you want to flower for pollen. You could also do it the other way you mentioned and grow out the male and save the pollen. For making seeds though the fresher the pollen the better. They say pollen can be stored for years but myself I've never gone for more then 6 months.

--------------------

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#805198 - 02/03/16 08:45 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

No old man joke here mag, just respect. I could already tell ur an old head from reading posts..

Thank u for explaining that method of stabilization. It seems shorter than what I had in mind. I've barely touched on can cannabis genetics yet. Need to read a lot more.

The reason I'm asking mainly is cause I can't get a female from this strain! :frown:

I only had one seed from that particular strain. So since I can't get any f2s I'm sitting here wondering if it's worth breeding w this unstable F1 male that hasn't been crossed back at all and can't be...

The closest I could come is the male plants sister. She is a diff strain but may have been pollenated w the same pollen. There is a chance diff pollen was used tho. Since the breeder was working w three diff pollens at the time..

I wondered if seed banks sold their unstable seeds. That's part of why I don't like going through them. I don't trust that it will be stable genes I'm buying. And shouldn't they be stable?? I guess unstable seeds give u more variation which is cool to a breeder tho...

So I've heard few diff things on fem seeds just haven't looked into cause I'm not so into it. I want males.

But u saying that fem seeds r made the same way just w female pollen?? Really? So no spray on hormone or funny stuff? Just back crossing w female pollen and such? ?

Btw the flavor sounds interesting on the maneater. I'm familiar w the GC and SD. I'd love to trade when I get my strain going lol give me some yrs tho don't go anywhere lol :smile:

Did u select for/ end up with the sour d funky diesel flavors or GC fruity Ness or??
I'm very curious here about much hopefully don't mind

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (02/03/16 09:24 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Blue knight * Lavendar kush * Jilly Bean [Re: Grit]
    #805199 - 02/03/16 08:51 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Grit said:

http://www.cannabisculture.com/content/2003/3/7/2788

I think what u r asking is if u need male pollen to breed crosses w or if u can graft male tissue to a female plant and get a cross correct? ?

Im not aware of grafting methods, and might imagine that one needs pollen to stabilize properly even if grating is doable. My best guess at least..

If u ever get a male plant that tends to shoot female flowers I'd love a cut tho lol :smile:

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (02/03/16 08:51 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#805213 - 02/03/16 10:39 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

So say I got a lavender Kush female,
crossed my male F1 og cross to the lavender female. So that would make my male F1 og cross actually my p1, and my lavendar kush female my p1.

Then took those seeds and find a mom and pop and Cross these two to get my f2s.

Then get the best mom from those seeds.. and cross that back to my original F1(in this case p1..) male...

Then u take these seeds get the best male and cross it back to the original p1 lav mom?

Would that be a three way cross? And make the seeds stable.

Then take the stable seeds get a mom and pop and Cross them into each other to test for uniformity. Then those seeds as long as they r uniform would be what u would sell as a stable strain as u described?

And make good use of the male?

Is that how u would normally do a three way cross? Start w F1 seeds then add another female or male as I described?

And also since I'm using an F1 male. Would this be diff than if I started with an F1 female?? As far as stabilizing goes? Imagine it wouldn't matter, just influences which genes are passed on right?

Edited by Nevar44 (02/03/16 07:36 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #805234 - 02/03/16 06:42 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

So say I got a lavender Kush female,
crossed my male F1 og cross to the lavender female. So that would make my male F1 og cross actually my p1, and my lavendar kush female my p1.

Then took those seeds and find a mom and pop and Cross these two to get my f2s.

Then get the best mom from those seeds.. and cross that back to my original F1(in this case p1..) male...

Then u take these seeds get the best male and cross it back to the original p1 lav mom?

Would that be a three way cross? And make the seeds stable.

Then take the stable seeds get a mom and pop and Cross them into each other to test for uniformity. Then those seeds as long as they r uniform would be what u would five as a stable strain as u described?

Pretty much.

Quote:

So that would make my male F1 og cross actually my p1, and my lavendar kush female my p1.

Yup

Quote:

Is that how u would normally do a three way cross? Start w F1 seeds then add another female or male as I described?

Usually you cross 2 strains and get it stable then ad the 3rd strain.

Not as easy as it sounds sometimes. I have a strain named Sweet 16 that I bred for SOG grows that has little branching and a large main cola.

Took damn near 8 years to finish her.

Quote:

Imagine it wouldn't matter, just influences which genes are passed on right?

You got it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract