Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr. Alien
Stranger

Noob here!
    #802764 - 01/06/16 01:19 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Hi, I'm a noob i don't know anything about weed cultivation, i do know all about mushroom cultivation.

I want to build something like this. I want like a stealth cabinet. I would like to know what are all the items that i should buy, i live in Mexico so i will have to go to the US and buy everything there. So I want to buy all the things that I will need all together.

So my questions are...

Can I really do everything in that cabinet? Like all the processes of the marihuana? like from germinating all the way to harvest? Or i will need more space than that cabinet?

Can somebody make me a quick list of all the things i'm going to need in order to build a cabinet like the one in the link?

I learn fast, i just need guidance. I was thinking in learning hydro from the beginning, not soil.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKronickrip
Chief Master
Male

Re: Noob here! [Re: Mr. Alien]
    #802765 - 01/06/16 02:53 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not a cabinet grower but the looks of the ones you show in the link, look pretty official. You could easily make one of those for less I'm sure. It all depends on what you are looking for. I'm not trying to give you a short answer but from what I gather, you can find very cheap plans for a grow box like this that WILL DO EVERYTHING you need for the whole process. Hydro is probably the way to go to control Nutrients and stuff like that. Or you could buy pre-mixed soil like Fox farms brand. Hope you get better info than from me. I'm just finishing my closet on the cheap if you want to check it out.

--------------------

“Marijuana is quite possibly the finest of intoxicants. It has been scientifically proven, for decades, to be much less harmful to the body than alcohol when used on a regular basis (Google “Science”).”―Nick Offerman

“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."―Carl Sagan

OfflineMr. Alien
Stranger

Re: Noob here! [Re: Kronickrip]
    #802769 - 01/06/16 05:41 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah dude show me! That's what i need, a closet that can do everything. Do you think those Cabinets specifically the hydro cabinet in that website that is 1749$... you think i'm paying what it is or they are stealing me money? I mean for how much $ you can make a home made cabinet like that?

OfflineTeonanacatl
Stranger

#802810 - 01/07/16 10:45 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

$1749 sounds like a ripoff.

I know deep within your mushroomy heart you think that too

OfflineMr. Alien
Stranger

Re: Noob here! [Re: Teonanacatl]
    #802811 - 01/07/16 11:31 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Teonanacatl said:
$1749 sounds like a ripoff.

I know deep within your mushroomy heart you think that too

Of course I think that too! lol. I'm good building things I just need the materials and what special devices like the carbon filter or the lights that I would need to make one. Like I said I will have to travel to the US and buy all there at once. Can anyone guide me? I'm also looking to buy this book to learn or is there other better book than this one?

I'm just tired of buying weed and the weed here is horrible and expensive. Is time for me to grow it myself.

Thanks.

Edited by Mr. Alien (01/07/16 11:47 AM)

OfflineDannyFolks
OG
Male User Gallery
    #802842 - 01/07/16 07:42 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Have u considered at least a closet grow??
And do u wanna go all out, or do u want the bare minimum.. Cuz when i first started i jus had a $200 dollar Led a fan and a pot of dirt and i was better than any Mexican brick weed plus free!!

--------------------

!!!!!Warning!!!!
  !!!!TRESPASSERS WILL BE EXECUTED!!!

OfflineMr. Alien
Stranger

Re: Noob here! [Re: DannyFolks]
    #802847 - 01/07/16 08:08 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

No dude, I want a closet the most stealth as possible with carbon filter and all that. Also, I want like smoke some good quality weed I want hydro and shit lol. And i got money to invest in all that.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #802858 - 01/07/16 10:40 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

for a small stealth grow I'd suggest getting an LED, probably around 1-200w. the XML 150 from Advanced LED would probably be perfect for your setup. You'd have to get it from their website and probably not shipped to Mexico (call or get it shipped to a family members house in the states if you can). Watch out selecting an LED, as the market for them is really messed up. Not all lights are comparable. Other brands produce quality results but I like Advanced LED because they're reliable and have good customer service. Just don't buy some cheap shit off ebay unless you realize your buying some low end, disposable light. But if you want to get the most of of the small space you have, get a good quality, trusted brand of LED.

Your gonna need a little bit of room for a mother plant/veg ,the bottom of that cabinet is way small, otherwise I'd suggest you try Autoflower seeds with plants that stay short and don't require a veg. You might be able to keep short clones in there if your doing a perpetual harvest. i.e. harvest 4 plants every 2 weeks, take 4 clones, put 4 rooted clones in veg, 4 from veg into flower out of a total of about 16 sea-of-green plants in flower at any given moment. The problem with that becomes doing a SHIT ton of work all the time to keep it going, rather than just every once in awhile. Also, mixing up nutrients for the various stages of growth would be a bitch.

I'd go with hydro, coco/drain to waste, non-recirculating so you don't have to play around with the nutrient tank other than mixing it up.

I'd suggest ditching the carbon filter for an Ozone generator. However this is harmful to breath in and will take the smell of the plants away if inside the grow tent. So if you get a small one (ebay for cheap) and ducting(or build a false back with a zig zag vent) long enough to dissipate the ozone before reaching the room its in you'll be good. I'm not sure what size you'll need but it'll be probably around .5g/hr. Just have it turn on with your exhaust fan and it should be good. The moisture proof element helps with durability.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Volt-DC-500-mg-hr-Moisture-Proof-Ozone-Generator-Kit-/171649612175?hash=item27f71d398f:g:c4AAAOSwWKtUvjZ2

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineDannyFolks
OG
Male User Gallery
Re: Noob here! [Re: phychotron]
    #802875 - 01/08/16 08:28 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

If u serious about growin sum really good shit u gonna have to start doing your research on which strains and seedbank u wanna go wit first...
Growing is all about research and patience.... Lots of patience my child

--------------------

!!!!!Warning!!!!
  !!!!TRESPASSERS WILL BE EXECUTED!!!

OfflineMr. Alien
Stranger

#802882 - 01/08/16 11:44 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
I'd suggest ditching the carbon filter for an Ozone generator. [/url]

I have a powerfull ozone generator, but i don't want any smell out of that grow cabinet or grow room. As i live in mexico is dangerous, i don't want anyone but i mean anyone not even the neighboards to smell anything, the only one that will know is growing weed it's me and my brother but no one else. So maybe i will choose the carbon filter, ozone generators are really harmful when breathing. IF i have to use my ozone generator because the room smells to much, i will use it. I will get out of the room for 1 or 2 hours while the generator do its thing.

But really what else i have to buy? LED's, carbon filter, what kind of trays like those kind of hydro trays i'm seeing there in the 1700$ setup? Reflective sheets? Fan? water filter? I really want to have everything that i will need to make a hydro setup, i don't want to miss anything.

Also, I would need like a good book that teach me how to grow hydro without having to learn soil, you guys know what good book i can buy or tutorial?. Not interested in soil yet, i have coco coir and everything because of all my mushroom growing supplies!

Edit: I guess i'll first learn everything about hydro before buying the equipment, after gaining some knowledge i will know exactly what i will need to buy, i think is the right thing to do, rather than buying everything and then learning. So guys what book you guys recommend me to read? Is there a good book specialized in hydro?

I was thinking in this one . Well, i really want a good book, in Mushroom growing for example there is a tons of books that are full of misinformation, there´s only a few books with good info. I don't know if is the same case for weed growing. That's why i want a good source for learning.

Edited by Mr. Alien (01/08/16 12:50 PM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #802892 - 01/08/16 09:01 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

like I said, a super small ozone output in a long duct and it will not come out of the end of the vent as ozone, just smell free air. I was running just carbon when a cop told me he could smell my plants outside (which you could easily smell down to the parking lot of my apartment complex.) As soon as I added the ozone generator it completely went away.

The $1700 is a joke

Small pots or a flood tray.. 1'x1'.. $30
Small water pump: $20
Coco/soil: $20
150w CFL: $75 (or LED: $200-500)
Some hose: $5
nutrients: $100 (last a long time, but gotta make the initial purchase of everything)
Small exhaust fan: $20-50
Misc stuff: $50-100

Total: ~$400 for a decent setup without the box.

Plus whatever you want to spend on a box to put it all in, which will probably be re-purposed from something else, so add maybe $100 to acquire and convert it...  Your less than a third of their price... So add a nice LED and be set for about half price.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #802893 - 01/08/16 09:09 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Also, I recommend going Drain-to-Waste (D2W) with coco, as you don't have to actually learn traditional hydroponics. You just mix up the nutrients like you would with soil (but at every feed) then have water pumps come on via a timer and water them as needed. You over water and collect the excess to throw away. Put everything on timers and it will grow all the weed for you, just gotta watch the nutrient tank. Check my setup in my signature, as far as I can tell its the most effective way to grow

Moreover, I've been going to the medical marijuana farmers market around the corner from my house. Maybe 10-15 people there all with 5-20 types of bud each... I've only got flower there a few times as its mostly below my quality standard... but the best and densest nuggets in that place all say the same thing: "Drain to waste coco"

--------------------

OfflineKronickrip
Chief Master
Male

#802901 - 01/09/16 07:25 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Hey, I found this grow box plan through this website.

If you want to make it out of something more durable, I suggest 1" Extruded Aluminum bars. Very lightweight and affordable but is still very strong and rigid. I would take a good idea from that post and just make your own adjustments. You can get PC fans for dirt cheap. A small 150w HPS only cost me around 70$. Your medium could be coco coir and perlite which are cheap, but you need to have nutrients enough for the whole grow. I have also found plans to make a Carbon Scrubber on the cheap. I'm about to make for myself as well.

All this shouldn't cost more than around a few hundred depending on how big you want this box to even be. (How big do you want this box to be?)

--------------------

“Marijuana is quite possibly the finest of intoxicants. It has been scientifically proven, for decades, to be much less harmful to the body than alcohol when used on a regular basis (Google “Science”).”―Nick Offerman

“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."―Carl Sagan

OfflineDannyFolks
OG
Male User Gallery
Re: Noob here! [Re: Kronickrip]
    #802903 - 01/09/16 08:14 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Keep your eyes on the prize, and this time next year you'll be on this website giving adive instead of asking for it....... I believe in you Bro! U can do it

OfflineMr. Alien
Stranger

#802943 - 01/09/16 03:58 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Also, I recommend going Drain-to-Waste (D2W) with coco, as you don't have to actually learn traditional hydroponics. You just mix up the nutrients like you would with soil (but at every feed) then have water pumps come on via a timer and water them as needed. You over water and collect the excess to throw away. Put everything on timers and it will grow all the weed for you, just gotta watch the nutrient tank. Check my setup in my signature, as far as I can tell its the most effective way to grow

Moreover, I've been going to the medical marijuana farmers market around the corner from my house. Maybe 10-15 people there all with 5-20 types of bud each... I've only got flower there a few times as its mostly below my quality standard... but the best and densest nuggets in that place all say the same thing: "Drain to waste coco"

I love your setup but i found it very Big? For my own consumption and my brother, how many plants or... how big the setup must be? All i want is to have bud all the year around. And maybe a little extra to make a concentrate and that's all. We bought this table Vaporizer that can do concentrates. www.sublimator.ca

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #802946 - 01/09/16 04:13 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

you can scale it down and use small plants, but the water system, ventilation and feeding system and enviornment should be all the same.

You could grow plants 1' tall if you wanted and have just a single 1/4-1 oz cola out of each of those hydro sites shown in the plans you posted, its just a matter of not vegging the plants and throwing them right into flower. Its called "Sea of Green" when you flower a bunch of tiny plants like that. The important part is that you get a plant compatible with that style, as a tall lanky sativa will just stretch out and fill your cab. Usually Indica's are best.

Otherwise you could use just one plant in there, and top and train it to get the same effect.

Depends on how much you smoke and how well you can garden. I'd suggst even getting some side lighting to maximize the light source, maybe an LED up top and one or two 2' T5's on each side. 

Basically recreating something like the Phototron: although I wouldn't recommend the actual unit. I had one and its a pain in the ass to get in and out of.

--------------------

OfflineMr. Alien
Stranger

#802950 - 01/09/16 05:02 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Could you check this hydroponic website in Mexico?

http://www.cultivarte.com.mx/catalogo

Is in Spanish and the prices in Mexican pesos sorry for that, but they seems to have everything for hydroponics. Could you tell me what stuff I can get from there? If I can buy everything from there I rather buy it now than going to the US buy it and then let mexican customs see what i bought and then charge me import fees.

Also, some kits are starting at 600$ US dollars

Edited by Mr. Alien (01/09/16 06:21 PM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #802979 - 01/10/16 01:55 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Start with the size cab you want. Sometimes you can find a small tent that will work, you can hide it under something or in a closet. I don't see something small on that site.

like this on ebay, 2'x2'x3' for $50.  You can also put it on its side so its 2'x3'x2' (L*W*H)

Once you know what size area your going to grow in then you can start getting the other stuff.

Basic things you need to get started:

soil/soilless mix or a hydroponic medium.
small pots.
Light, LED or CFL preferred. a small HPS might work but not as practical.
Timer for your light
ventilation fan /ducting
fan for the plants.

If your doing hydro then you'll want a small water pump the smallest they have should work fine.
a timer and some hose. Use a timer that you can control down to 1 minute intervals, then use a valve to adjust how much the pump feeds the plants in that 1 minute (or 2 if you need more). Have it set to feed your plants 2-4 times a day.
You'd need to build a small drip feed system, so it'd take some hose and fittings to rig up.
Then a flood tray to put the plants in, not to flood the tray, but to catch the excess water. Have that drain into a bucket underneath the tray that you dump manually.

That site has two choices of nutrients: General Hydro and Botanicare. I've not used either very much so I can't really say which would be better. People swear by both and you'd be fine either way. You can refine your nutrient formula later, but a basic 2 or 3 part base fertilizer with a p-k booster of some sort is the main feed for cannabis. Everything else is just additives, boosters and flavoring agents. Some stuff is not needed for everything or everyone, so you don't need to commit to a products full line.

The Gen Hydro Flora Series box might be a good place to start with to see how you like it.  That company has been in business probably the longest out of all nutrient companies.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order