Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Perpetual Harvest Cabinet Plans... Suggestions/Advice?
    #678376 - 07/17/13 04:50 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Trying to get plans made out for an all-in-one cabinet. Wanted to run these by everyone here and see if everything checks out:

So, to make sure everything's clear:

The Flowering area is 3ft wide x 2.5ft deep x 4ft tall ~ 400w HPS
The Veg area is 2ft wide x 2.5ft deep x 2.5ft tall ~ 150w CFL or MH (Undecided, not sure if the MH will be in price range to begin with.)
The Clone area is 1ft wide x 2.5ft deep x 2.5 ft tall ~ 52w - 78w CFL

The plan is:

-Veg 3 females out.
-The best-performing one will have 3 clones taken from her, the other  two will go into flowering.
-The 3 clones will go into the cloning area, once rooted, the mother  will go over the hill. (Trash)
-Once all 3 clones are ready, veg and repeat.

Not looking for anything to make money on, I'd just like to keep myself in smoke.
Since I can blow through about 1.5 - 2oz a month, what is the reality (And I'm keeping in mind that there are variables, but just a rough guess.) that I can keep myself in smoke, and maybe even have some to put back once the next harvest comes around?
(I'd like to grow for a few months, smoking the entire time, and take a few months break with some stored back.)

If it helps, the setup would be 5 gal. containers for the flowering plants, Ocean Forest, entire 6-part Fox Farms nutrient line, SCRoG.

Sound reasonable/do-able?

Edited by resincoatedlungs (07/17/13 05:13 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTomCollins

Re: Perpetual Harvest Cabinet Plans... Suggestions/Advice? [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #678397 - 07/17/13 10:16 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

You don't need to trash the mother. You can just keep vegging it indefinitely and keep cutting clones off there. You could potentially sell the cuttings you can't grow out - but if you expand your grow space to accomodate lots of small plants, then I think you can utilize most of the cuttings you would do every month or so.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: Perpetual Harvest Cabinet Plans... Suggestions/Advice? [Re: TomCollins]
    #678444 - 07/17/13 03:27 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

My only worry is, and keep in mind I don't know the ins and outs of maintaining a mother, that space will be an issue quick. I'm afraid that I'd quickly run out of headroom, will have to keep upgrading container sizes, fight nute problems etc. the older it gets. Seems like it would cost more money and headache to keep one going than it would be to just keep re-cloning.

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

Edited by resincoatedlungs (07/17/13 03:37 PM)

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Perpetual Harvest Cabinet Plans... Suggestions/Advice? (moved) [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #678936 - 07/22/13 04:29 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

This thread was moved from Grow Room Design.

Reason:
OP's request.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Perpetual Harvest Cabinet Plans... Suggestions/Advice? (moved) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #678944 - 07/22/13 04:48 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Ok, I'd keep the mother and take a bunch of cuttings off of her. No veg time for the cuttings once they root. That way you can do something like this with the flowering space.

By harvest this was over a 1/4 lb (closer to a half lb actually) and the space wasn't nearly as big as what your saying your flowering space is let alone that the sides of your space will be reflective.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: Perpetual Harvest Cabinet Plans... Suggestions/Advice? (moved) [Re: Magash]
    #678969 - 07/22/13 08:04 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

If I planned on doing soil next round, I would try sog.
But I think I'm gonna give hydro a shot and after tallying everything up could swing a 5 gallon dwc setup to scrog 1 plant at a time with the whole nute line needed, but not a multi-site multi-flow setup yet, which is the end goal. :yesnod:

Two 10-gallon dwc tubs could be do-able though, which would fill in the space, and then just really pack in the clones.
Two mothers (preferably both clones from the same original plant, so they'll grow similarly in the sog setup.) in the top in soil.
Lose the side cloning space and just use old sgfc's for rooting clones in rockwool.
Idk sounds like it would work with a little planning, doesn't it?

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

Edited by resincoatedlungs (07/22/13 08:28 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies