Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKronickrip
Chief Master
Male

Updates to an Old Closet
    #802632 - 01/03/16 09:52 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Hey all, I just wanted to share my closet that I have been preparing for a little while now. I hope to have it up and running with some Aurora Indica seedlings in just a couple weeks.

I should note that I actually grew in this closet before but I have moved my plants to a new area (whole new project :rolleyes:) so that I could hook this one up with a bigger light and all the bells and whistles I could. I hope to get a new grow started before the harvest of my current stuff.

So anyway, This is my first post and I am just hoping for any feedback and suggestions.

I'll be running an Apollo Horticulture 600 Watt MH/HPS Grow Light System
with a 600w Digital, Dimm-able Electronic Fan Cooling Ballast inside a 19" Air Cool Reflector and hung with these nifty ratcheting rope hangers.

This actually took longer then one might think by looking at it. There was a drop ceiling installed which i knew wouldn't support anything so took all that down. I just cut a piece of plywood to size (close enough) and had to make some legs to bring it off the ceiling about 4 inches. and then screwed in 2 2x4's on center and attached hooks for the lights. I repainted the walls white as well as the new ceiling.
You can also see a 12x6 PASSIVE intake on the bottom center of the back wall that I picked up at Home Depot.

Passive Intake from outside room.

As you can see I have cut a hole for the 6" duct and also in the opposite corner I cut a 2" hole for any wires that need to be ran (I will be adding 2 6" oscillating wall fans soon). I just took out some insulation in the ceiling and pulled everything up and over the wall and returned insulation to its spot.

So this is the vent from the back. It's hooked up to a 6" In-ductor In-Line Duct Fan exhausting into the whole back room which is fairly big.
Here are the Specs on the fan : http://assets.4500studios.com/clients/suncourt/attachments/DB206-DS-0915.pdf
Now i know its not the best and I plan on getting something much beefier in the near future with a Scrubber on the end, but for now I'm not worried about it. Maybe someone could suggest and cheap route to go about getting or making one. Also I've read that there are better ways to be push/pulling over the light. Maybe someone could shed some light on this issue being I have a passive intake and all.

All of it from the outside. I will be running that wire more nicely soon. I will be getting a Tripp-Lite-Programmable 7 Outlet Surge Protector that has 2 timers with 4 outlets for each for everything to plug into nice and neatly. It should honestly be here tomorrow.

But yeah, I think that is all the info i can give. If you feel I'm missing something or you have any questions then please ask. Also I would love to hear what is wrong with this room and what i can do to improve it. I dont have an endless supply of money but if its relatively important to the set-up then I would love to hear about it. Or maybe you want to see the room i put my girls into while i prepared this one. I would also love to hear suggestions on HOW i should grow in such a deep closet. I now use 5 Gal buckets because i can move them around and get to the back and water them. I would like to do a ScrOG but don't know if its doable.

Anyway, I'll update as I add on to it. Anything at all I should do to this post before then, let me know.

Much love.

--------------------

“Marijuana is quite possibly the finest of intoxicants. It has been scientifically proven, for decades, to be much less harmful to the body than alcohol when used on a regular basis (Google “Science”).”―Nick Offerman

“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."―Carl Sagan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery
Re: Updates to an Old Closet [Re: Kronickrip]
    #802650 - 01/04/16 07:38 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Looks good to me.
Def a more powerful fan to vent/scrub. Other than that seems someone has done his homework.

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

OfflineKronickrip
Chief Master
Male

Re: Updates to an Old Closet [Re: ashfiken]
    #802721 - 01/05/16 07:04 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks bud :grin: I have, and am always, doing more homework. Finally all starting to come together though.

--------------------

“Marijuana is quite possibly the finest of intoxicants. It has been scientifically proven, for decades, to be much less harmful to the body than alcohol when used on a regular basis (Google “Science”).”―Nick Offerman

“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."―Carl Sagan

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder