Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestara
Stranger

humidity - ventilation question
    #801630 - 12/17/15 02:12 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Hi everyone,

I have a cabin.:smile: And there is humidifier and fan blowing to circulate air. Also exhaust fan is working. Now I have a dry air problem and my question is:

If I circulate the air inside the cabin too much the humidity level shows %36(min) but I wonder is it possible that my plants still get humid air like more than %36 because the fan gets humid air from behind it and blows humid air to leaves. May the humidity leaves are getting be more than the hygrometer measure? What would you say? (generally speaking I dont get how to make humid environment while running an exhaust fan:( especially in a small environmnet like this...do you have any advices the heaters are drying the place to %30-35 and this is not good for vegetation I think...)

Thanks!

the fan gets the humid air and blows it indirectly to plants, do they need too much air on them to get strong stems; the plants are in their fifth week.I want to shake the plants a bit and in the same time keep the humidity like %60 or so at least...(I have one fan speed controller and both exhaust fan and inline fan is plugged to it now) Sorry for the :eek: question. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: humidity - ventilation question [Re: stara]
    #802175 - 12/25/15 10:47 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

You don't NEEEEED to run an exhaust fan for small plants like that. Just have the oscillating fan do the work for the time being. If you do have an exhaust fan, put it on a timer for 15 minutes every hour. Or just leave the door open for a bit throughout the day. The best thing to do is to have your exhaust fan on a Temperature and Humidity sensory so it will only work when those are too high.

Eventually you'll keep it on longer as the plants get bigger and release much more humidity to the enviornment. Plus they'll need the fresh air when they get bigger and grow.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinestara
Stranger

Re: humidity - ventilation question [Re: phychotron]
    #802209 - 12/26/15 10:16 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

thank you for the info!

But its getting too hot in the cabin if I dont run the exhaust fan;the fan is getting air through the cooltube so it has also a cooling function in this setup. Next time I will design according to that make two seperate outs to make it more pro. For now I tried and see if I run the humidifier at its max I can keep the humidity %60s.Too much water consumption for the humidifier but easier than changing the ventilation setup. :/

For the logic thanks again..

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: humidity - ventilation question [Re: stara]
    #802216 - 12/26/15 07:52 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

In the summer time I would have my ventilation slightly different than in the winter. I have all my exhaust air blow outside all year. The room with the flower tent would either have the door shut with the attic access open for air flow in the winter to draw outside air and not waste my house heat. In the summer however the air in the attic gets too hot and I leave the bedroom door open to suck air through the house before going through the garden.

Basically I try to not reuse air, just keep a constant flow of fresh air in the room.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery
Re: humidity - ventilation question [Re: phychotron]
    #802259 - 12/27/15 01:30 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Very nice I use same idea.
I'm in se and humidity is yuck here.
Can't wait to see how imma deal with that come spring/summer. Fun. Money will be spent on dehumidification!!!!

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: humidity - ventilation question [Re: ashfiken]
    #802270 - 12/27/15 07:35 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I wouldn't even worry about it.  I've grown in trhree desert, and the humidity was definitely less than you're experiencing, with no issues

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder