Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Side lighting question
    #792929 - 09/08/15 04:26 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I would like to bring in extra light to my plants while flowering, however the main wattage with be coming from above. I have the flouros in the pic below from when I was growing cubes in monos.

Is it bad for the plant to get the light from two directions like that? I know some of the leaves will turn to face the flouros, however I don't know if this will stress her and create a hermie.

The main reason I want to do this is so the buds lower down will be almost as dense as the colas, not all fluffy.

The lights that are above, 2 X 2bulb 4ft T5's; 1 X 400W LED

The Flouros I want to add, I would separate them, rewire and put on 3 walls in flowering room.

I'm growing a single sativa (Durban Poison) at the moment if that factors into the lighting what so ever. I plan on making 2 more screens as it gets bigger, first i'm trying a LST technique to spread the plant out as far as the lights go.

I figured, one sativa was better than having 4-8 indicas legality-wise and would be capable of producing just as much bud.

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Side lighting question [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #793030 - 09/09/15 09:08 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I've done this, it worked well.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Side lighting question [Re: KaptKid]
    #793060 - 09/09/15 12:26 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I've got really good results putting some T5's on the side of LED's. Get them really close (really close) for best results. /^\

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: Side lighting question [Re: phychotron]
    #793065 - 09/09/15 01:26 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Looks like my buddies which is flourished

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Side lighting question [Re: iStoner]
    #793081 - 09/09/15 05:34 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

cool thanks guys, I couldn't see anything negative about doing this except a possible hermie. I still have a while before flowering which will give me time to get some more romex (sp?) and possibly build them each their own PVC stand so they can be moved.

On second thought, romex is too stiff, I will buy an extention cord and cut the female end off.

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #793083 - 09/09/15 05:42 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I suppose I should also mention the flouros I plan on putting on the sides of the lant are T8 not T5, didn't want to spend the extra cash on T5's for mushrooms since they were not needed. The t5's are already up above next to LED.

Also i'm glad nobody said anything about all the crap on the floor in the last pic, I spilt water in there and could only get so much with my shop vac so I poured out a bag of oil absorbant to help absorb it out of the carpet. Then used my dehumidifier to bring the RH down to 35% temporarily, its back up to 50% now.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisibleAGrower
Hydroponic Enthusiast

#794766 - 09/26/15 10:53 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Chemical Addiction said:
I would like to bring in extra light to my plants while flowering, however the main wattage with be coming from above. I have the flouros in the pic below from when I was growing cubes in monos.

Is it bad for the plant to get the light from two directions like that? I know some of the leaves will turn to face the flouros, however I don't know if this will stress her and create a hermie.

The main reason I want to do this is so the buds lower down will be almost as dense as the colas, not all fluffy.

The lights that are above, 2 X 2bulb 4ft T5's; 1 X 400W LED

The Flouros I want to add, I would separate them, rewire and put on 3 walls in flowering room.

I'm growing a single sativa (Durban Poison) at the moment if that factors into the lighting what so ever. I plan on making 2 more screens as it gets bigger, first i'm trying a LST technique to spread the plant out as far as the lights go.

I figured, one sativa was better than having 4-8 indicas legality-wise and would be capable of producing just as much bud.

I've seen side lighting in commercial indoor medical grows for dispensaries. Results looked and apparently were great.

Offlinedesr
Stranger

Re: Side lighting question [Re: AGrower] * 1
    #794940 - 09/28/15 01:19 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

i dont know much about led lighting, but certain types of pvc degrade under uv lights. just want ya to be safe!

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Side lighting question [Re: desr]
    #798136 - 11/06/15 08:49 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

So I added the T8's now we shall see how much it helps, I just hoping for denser buds not more/bigger but that would be nice too. I still need to make a third screen so I don't have to constantly tie up the buds at the end when they are heavy.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

Re: Side lighting question [Re: Chemical Addiction] * 1
    #798333 - 11/09/15 04:42 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Freakin awesome :rockon:

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Side lighting question [Re: Scribbler] * 1
    #798334 - 11/09/15 06:25 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks bud, about to shower and go change out the nutes, then I will search every square inch of the plant for bugs, I like to do this at least once a week even if it takes hours

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #798380 - 11/10/15 01:35 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome setup, I think the side lights are a bit low for your size plants, and i would drop the top lights down lower, closer to the buds without blocking the LED. Kinda slant at the top/side to let the LED in and corner of the plants ish. Like this: /^\

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Side lighting question [Re: phychotron]
    #799297 - 11/22/15 06:08 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I lowered the lights up top, the flouros more than the LED, the lights down below I will move when I rebuild the frame for the screen. Here are some update pics of the plant, the random string you see is just to keep up the buds that want to topple over the sides, I also need to work on air flow in there, change out my big fan for 2-3 small ones, atm I have 4 fans going

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#799351 - 11/22/15 11:10 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Those are all beautiful shots, but damn man this one is just gorgeous.

Quote:

Chemical Addiction said:

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Side lighting question [Re: Scribbler]
    #799359 - 11/23/15 04:42 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

thanks, I've never been much of a photographer but I do love looking back at previous crops from time to time.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder