Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblefortheloveofnature
noob

400 watt cooled tube light question
    #710989 - 02/02/14 06:40 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

first time ever investing in a whole set up since i have to give back the tent and lights that my friend lent to me . what are you thoughts on this 400watt cool tube light for this tent?
im planning on getting some advanced LED grow lights this summer after i move but need something for the time being. any input would be great .

--------------------
Gymnopilus Luteofolius                  Gymnopilus Purpuratus                  G.luteofolius&G.luteoviridis

First grow (bagseed)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblethedrake
N00B
Male User Gallery

Re: 400 watt cooled tube light question [Re: fortheloveofnature]
    #710992 - 02/02/14 07:58 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

ive got that exact same setup. it works well, but id get an air cooled hood if possible. the cool tube has a much smaller light footprint.

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: 400 watt cooled tube light question [Re: thedrake]
    #710996 - 02/02/14 08:30 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I payed 50 at the hyrdostore for that cool tube.:thumbdown:

Took it back a week later and bought other goodies

Edited by budgrowerwannabe (02/02/14 09:25 AM)

noob

Re: 400 watt cooled tube light question [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #711002 - 02/02/14 09:05 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

thedrake said:
ive got that exact same setup. it works well, but id get an air cooled hood if possible. the cool tube has a much smaller light footprint.

is the smaller light footprint due to the reflector or the glass ? i would get a air cooled hood but they are more expensive.

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
I payed 50 at the hyrdostore foe that cool tube.:thumbdown:

why is that ?

--------------------
Gymnopilus Luteofolius                  Gymnopilus Purpuratus                  G.luteofolius&G.luteoviridis

First grow (bagseed)

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#711005 - 02/02/14 09:43 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

For that size tent I would think the cool tube will be fine.

--------------------
:firecum:

Invisiblethedrake
N00B
Male User Gallery

#711006 - 02/02/14 10:00 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

the smaller foot print is from the shape of the reflector i think.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #711047 - 02/02/14 04:03 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Which LED are you thinking about getting? I'm running a few of their lights.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

noob

Re: 400 watt cooled tube light question [Re: phychotron]
    #711055 - 02/02/14 04:37 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Which LED are you thinking about getting? I'm running a few of their lights.

i was thinking about picking up two of these in the summer once i move.

--------------------

First grow (bagseed)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#711058 - 02/02/14 04:43 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fortheloveofnature said:
Quote:

thedrake said:
I've got that exact same setup. it works well, but id get an air cooled hood if possible. the cool tube has a much smaller light footprint.

is the smaller light footprint due to the reflector or the glass ? i would get a air cooled hood but they are more expensive.

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
I payed 50 at the hyrdostore foe that cool tube.:thumbdown:

why is that ?

Like you said I was getting a smaller footprint.

Meaning I was wasting  light that could be useful with a good hood/reflector.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #711095 - 02/02/14 08:41 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Watch out for knock offs if you don't buy from Advanced LED. Technically the wording is Advanced Diamond LED Grow Light, which is not Advanced LED Diamond Series. They had problems with the original manufacturer, E-Shine, which makes inferior lights. I have some of theirs and there were many problems from it breaking down, fans, power supplies, and on a bunch of them too. They were given to me because they were so problematic. I suspect this is another E-Shine knock off,as they were pissed because Advanced LED dropped them. 

Heres a red flag
------------------------------
Returns Policy

- Returns allowed only on defective units with shipping paid by purchaser back to the original factory for verification and repair

- No cancellations allowed after order has been received and processed

------------------------------

Did they mention that the "original factory" is in CHINA and is going to cost you a FUCKING GRIP of cash to send in for repair? Your plants are going to use which light source while your broken light is sitting in customs? You might want to keep your HPS for backup.

Advanced LED offers a 90 day no questions asked full refund if you don't like the light. 3 yr warranty and they'll send you parts or a new light right when it breaks and before you send the old one in so your plants stay alive. They'll cut you a deal on two of them if you ask, and I know it cost more now, but not only will you get a better light, but you don't have to deal directly with the Chinese if there are any issues. Fan drivers might be no problem they'll send right to you usually no questions asked, but if any of the actual diodes go out your going to spend quite a bit of cash and time dealing with the problem.

The real concern is that even though its OG manufacturer, to which specs are they building them? to exactly the same or did they swap out the diodes for a lower bin/quality but have the same name? If you trust the Chinese to not push things a little bit cheaper then go ahead, but I have no faith in their dedication to quality.

I think if your already spending that much on lights its worth it to get the tried and tested. Your essentially paying for the warranty, and service of them keeping tabs on the manufacturer.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#711099 - 02/02/14 09:05 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

see below. added instead of edited

Edited by Midgetpawn (02/02/14 09:38 PM)

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: 400 watt cooled tube light question [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #711100 - 02/02/14 09:09 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I've heard a lot of hydroponics products from different companies, at least lighting equipment, comes from the same assembly lines in china. I'm probably spreading slightly misleading info saying that, but you can certainly see it with digital ballasts.

Also I get the impression a lot of those warranties just cover when they screw up making the product and if they need to they just replace your shit and you never see your item again. Fucking Samsung did that with my brand new perfect looking monitor and sent me some old bullshit used and abused refurbished monitor.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #711104 - 02/02/14 09:22 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

With LEDs almost any electronics manufacture can do it, so there seems to be a few companies you could order from, but all in the same region of China.

If they are in fact from the same exact assembly line then the insides have completely to do with what the whole seller is willing to pay in parts and quality, or special design. They might accept the generic inside with blinged out blue anodized finned aluminum or they might give you something more advanced inside with plain look.

But even if they weren't the same assembly line I could see how you could call it the same, since Chinese building techniques wouldn't vary much--communism? probably.

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#711111 - 02/02/14 09:50 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I'd like to know the secrets of hydroponic product manufacturing. Could probably save a bunch of money or avoid a lot of bad quality knowing which shit came from where.

I've seen a lot of the show How it's made, but they never go to Chinese slave labor factories.

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: 400 watt cooled tube light question [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #711121 - 02/02/14 10:22 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

They'd have to ask all the factory workers to leave so you wouldn't see how many fingers they were all missing.

:themoreyouknow:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 400 watt cooled tube light question [Re: Inocuole]
    #711126 - 02/02/14 10:31 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Watch the documentary China Blue, about the denim industry. They keep two sets of books, one they show inspectors and one they actually pay. They house and feed them barely rice and charge them for everything, then work them long hours of overtime and don't pay them so that the company can compete with the other shops that are doing worse. But I'm sure the hydroponics manufacturing industry in China has a good strong union that keeps that from happening...

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
    #711132 - 02/02/14 10:49 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Watch the documentary China Blue, about the denim industry. They keep two sets of books, one they show inspectors and one they actually pay. They house and feed them barely rice and charge them for everything, then work them long hours of overtime and don't pay them so that the company can compete with the other shops that are doing worse. But I'm sure the hydroponics manufacturing industry in China has a good strong union that keeps that from happening...

I have seen that doc. The housing was pathetic, and they had their children living with them in small one bedroom spaces. Giant facepalm for china. :facepalm3:

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 400 watt cooled tube light question [Re: TribalSeed]
    #711135 - 02/02/14 11:08 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

China is anti union because of communism, and walmart is anti union because of capitalism, however they have come together and set aside their indifference to have the mandatory walmart factory workers union. Their only union, in a land that doesn't allow them.

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

#711137 - 02/02/14 11:11 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

That's just about the most bass ackwards thing I've heard this week.  Oh wait I'm about 11 minutes into this week in my time zone.  Still.  I think it'll last the rest of the day at least.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom