Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Total cost Calculator * 7
    #754472 - 10/24/14 06:02 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Here is my spreadsheet that I use to track costs. It's set up for nutrients, Canna based but can take any 10 products. Just edit the appropriate cells and it will calculate:

Day number in flower
nutrient strength
individual cost of nutrients per day/cumulative
percent cost of each nutrient
Oz/gallon pot size
electricity used
grams per watt of light
grams per kw-h of all electricity used
grams/sq-ft
Nutrient, electricity and total costs per gram/ounce/pound

Its pretty easy to use once you get used to it. I just went through and updated a lot of the formulas to not show any errors. Everything appears to be working but let me know if you find anything.

The first thing you'll want to do is check out the Example tab with all the explanations. Then switch to the Vars tab and change the product names to reflect your nutrients. Enter the price paid and size container. There is a cost estimator based on water consumption and rate of each additive. Then go to the Elec tab and rename the variables and watts used and how many hours per day to figure the total wattage consumed per day.

Set your nutrient info up, change the labels and they will change everywhere in the book

Electricity info, set the rate, tax rate and enter the wattage each piece of equipment uses and hours it is used per day.

Create a copy of the Template and rename it to whatever reflects your current grow. On that log sheet enter the flower start/end date (or estimated end date) and copy over the electricity information from the light gray text next to their boxes. Fill in the amount of nutrients you use each time you water and eventually enter the total yield.

If you set up your variables correctly it should give you a pretty accurate cost analysis. As you can see from the example, it cost me $8.38 per ounce of quality bud. There is no trim input (yet.)

Edited by phychotron (10/25/14 01:13 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Re: Total cost Calculator [Re: phychotron]
    #754474 - 10/24/14 06:07 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

:strokebeard:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Total cost Calculator [Re: 13buds]
    #754547 - 10/25/14 12:39 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

If anyone who uses hydro, like set amount of water/nutrients per week wants to fill out a mock report to see how it works that'd be great--I wouldn't need to wait a few months for someone to finish using it. Just fake the dates a week apart and use past harvest weight.

What I really want to know is if there is enough "equipment" rows. I figure you could just add your AC to lights, since that's what's causing its use. 1000w lighting plus 1500w cooling it :smirk:

With alternative lighting sources now coming into the realm, the real test of overall garden efficiency is the gram/kw-h of total electricity used. The days of grams per watt of light will not transfer well between the different light sources since there is more or less equipment to support that light source. Moreover, it accounts for the total amount of time used, be it 8 week or 12 week, we can directly compare.

I think I've got all the essential information, but there's always something that I could add. Every time I thought I was done I found myself changing and adding a few more things.

I used to have it create a nutrient concentration graph as time went on but I found it was really not needed. If anyone wants one though I could toss in an xy scatter plot no problem.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleAGrower
Hydroponic Enthusiast

#794743 - 09/26/15 09:10 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Hey this is nice, I've made something like this I like to use. very handy for sure.

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male

Loc: Wonderland
    #808076 - 03/16/16 12:24 AM (8 years, 14 days ago)

Pretty confusing for a newbie grower but I can def tell this is great info.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies